• May 21st, 2019 5:29 pm
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
243 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

BC incentive running out for EVs

Hi there

I ordered a Tesla Model 3 LRP last night through dealer. He send me a msg this morning saying incentive from BC already run out! I’m here to see if anybody ordered EV recently experienced the same thing. It’s mid May which is only two months into the fiscal year. It seems too quick to me that the pool depleted. I searched the news and found out it was depleted around Sept last year which is more reseaonable to me. BC government refilled the pool last year, will they do it again this year?

Thx!
7 replies
May 2, 2017
792 posts
1019 upvotes
tomkuang wrote: Hi there

I ordered a Tesla Model 3 LRP last night through dealer. He send me a msg this morning saying incentive from BC already run out! I’m here to see if anybody ordered EV recently experienced the same thing. It’s mid May which is only two months into the fiscal year. It seems too quick to me that the pool depleted. I searched the news and found out it was depleted around Sept last year which is more reseaonable to me. BC government refilled the pool last year, will they do it again this year?

Thx!
https://www.cevforbc.ca/
It's been refilled as of today.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
243 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TheTall wrote: https://www.cevforbc.ca/
It's been refilled as of today.
Great! at the same time I clicked your link, the sales called me saying it’s been refilled! Once they get my vin# around early June, it should be still available. Thanks all!
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
853 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
tomkuang wrote: Great! at the same time I clicked your link, the sales called me saying it’s been refilled! Once they get my vin# around early June, it should be still available. Thanks all!
Congratulations. Keep us updated when you get the car and your first impressions on it.
Btw, I drove through Vancouver this week and saw numerous Teslas.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
243 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
poleman wrote: Congratulations. Keep us updated when you get the car and your first impressions on it.
Btw, I drove through Vancouver this week and saw numerous Teslas.
Don't Just Yet! I may not even get the car in the end at the current distribution rate of the funds! From 17th to 21st (as of noon), 2.8m has gone already. That's only 4.5 days! Let's say 3M/week, and the rest 7.2M will last for only 2.4 weeks or another 17 days. So basically, If I have a firmed delivery date before Jun 7th, I'm lucky to get the incentives. If not, then we'll see if the government will top up another 10M. Never thought of buying a call will end up like this, but oh well, that's the reality to buy an EV in BC right now.
Jul 30, 2018
98 posts
13 upvotes
What was the incentive for Tesla model 3?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6130 posts
4741 upvotes
jaykk3 wrote: What was the incentive for Tesla model 3?
Government rebate? $5K BC + $5K Feds as long as you buy SR or SR+

EDIT: In OP's case only the BC rebate applies since it's a LRP.