Home & Garden

(BC-Lower Mainland) Where to buy major appliances?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2021 2:34 pm
Apr 7, 2013
7 posts
20 upvotes

(BC-Lower Mainland) Where to buy major appliances?

I'm curious where RFDers shop for major appliances. I've bought mine in the past from the big box stores online: Lowes, Best Buy, Costco, but I've wondered if that's really the best deal since they typically all sell at MSRP. Are there better prices to be had? Can you negotiate a lower price talking to someone in the store?
3 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2017
10212 posts
5525 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Try Trail, Coast and Midland. They have floor and demo models. There are smaller dealer around too.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Dec 28, 2004
206 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
I’ve bought from Home Depot, trail and Canadian appliance source in the last couple years. All were priced similarly and it was just a matter of what store had what I was looking for in stock at the time.

I did get a price match and free delivery at Home Depot by price matching (and a slight fib about free delivery) from Lowe’s.
Oct 1, 2009
662 posts
325 upvotes
West coast
I recently bought a stove from Costco online since it's included delivery and removal. Yes it's more expensive than in store. The dishwasher was bought in Ikea when it was on sale. It was picked up by its and not very heavy. I highly recommend the Costco online route if you have existing items that you want replaced.