• Oct 12th, 2020 1:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9273 posts
10807 upvotes
Vancouver

[BC only] VIFF 2020, 100+ feature films stream on demand, Sep 24-Oct 9, $60

Vancouver International Film Festival is online this year. 100+ films from 40+ countries, $60 lets you stream them all on-demand from September 24 to October 9.
Film list: https://viff.org/Online/default.asp?BOp ... ontext_id=
How to watch/FAQ: https://viff.org/Online/default.asp?BOp ... ontext_id=

The FAQ says that content is geoblocked to BC.
1 reply
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9273 posts
10807 upvotes
Vancouver
It's over...anyone watch? I squeezed in 11 full-length films and several short animated films.

• F---ing Idiots (Canada, comedy) Hilarious! Couple with no financial control asks a friend to physically punish them into financial responsibility. Definitely RFD-friendly
  • Tales of the Lockdown...(Spain, comedy-drama) 4 shorts about life in spring of 2020. A letdown. It was dull.
  • Still Into You (Finland, documentary) Good. Tales of several couples and singles in their 70s and 80s and how they express love for each other has changed over time.
  • I am not a hero (Belgium, documentary) Life in the COVID-19 wing of a Brussels hospital in the spring of 2020. OK, but funnily enough felt a bit dated already.
  • On The Quiet (Hungary, drama) OK. A respected instructor at a music school steps over the line with his students.
  • Monkey Beach (Canada, drama) Good. Haisla woman returns to her family in Kitamaat Village from Vancouver.
  • My Donkey, My Lover, and I (France, comedy). Hilarious. Teacher decides to follow her lover and his wife (both parents of one of her students) on their family vacation.
  • My Wonderful Wanda (Switzerland, comeda-drama) Good. Polish housekeeper provides "extra services" to her wealthy Swiss employer for extra cash.
  • A Life Turned Upside Down: My Dad’s an Alcoholic. (Japan, drama) Billed as "cute and funny” it was neither. One of the saddest, most tragic films I have ever seen. A good movie overall but not what I was in the mood to watch at the time
  • The Hidden Life of Trees (Germany, documentary) Decent look at forest ecology
  • The Restoration (Peru, comedy) This was funny. Guy sells his bedroom-bound mother's house to a developer and moves her to a replica bedroom in a shack so she won't know
  • Animated tales (various countries) - the animations were technically cool and interesting to watch but the subject matter of most of them was very disturbing...ugh

So what did you watch?