Hot Deals

BCHydro/FortisBC - $40 rebate Smart Electric Heating Thermostats - Mysa/Sinope/Stelpro BC *other provinces check online

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 3:13 pm
[OP]
Apr 26, 2005
51 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver

BCHydro/FortisBC - $40 rebate Smart Electric Heating Thermostats - Mysa/Sinope/Stelpro BC *other provinces check online

Deal Link:
Price:
<$99
Savings:
$40 off
Expiry:
November 29, 2019
Hi all,

UPDATE NOV. 18: Mysa will be having their Black Friday sale starting November 18 to 29, thanks to @litebrite for the heads up and @chronopolis for update. Use code BLACKFRIDAY to get additional $20 off to bring units down to $119 for 1-2 units and $99 (pre rebate) each, when you buy 3+. Works out to $70.88 each tax in when you buy 3 or more. Cannot stack with other discount codes so it should be cheapest price. Thanks @MRebel23 for code!

$40 rebate from BC Hydro/FortisBC works for Mysa, Sinope and Stelpro. In-store retailers include: Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Best Buy and RONA. Online: Sinope, Mysa and Best Buy. Follow link for details: https://www.bchydro.com/powersmart/resi ... stats.html Thanks @BlueFyre for the info!

Mysa: https://www.getmysa.com/bc-rebates
I've been tracking Mysa smart thermostat for months for a deal and just saw an ad on Instagram showing instant rebate for BC Hydro or Fortis BC customers until November 29th, 2019. Regular price is $139 but they do offer volume discounts at 3 and 5 units, the $40 instant rebate (technically it is $35.71 discount pretax) works on top of the volume discount. Maximum 5 per transaction, per customer. Need to have valid postal code within BC Hydro or Fortis BC service area in order to be eligible for rebate. Free shipping on all orders. It says you need to fill in a survey after you order, I haven't ordered yet so I don't have details about that.

Using BLACKFRIDAY code, here is breakdown:

1-2 Mysa units = $93.28 each
3+ Mysa units = $70.88 each (all prices tax incl.)

For all condo owners that have electric baseboard heating or other line voltage, this thermostat is specifically designed for this system. As those that have looked into smart thermostats for electric baseboard heating, Nest and the like will not work, they are for low voltage systems. There are others that work such as Sinope or Casa Caleo if you are interested in comparing, reviews have been good for Mysa as it doesn't require a hub, and better yet, Mysa is Canadian! (Edit: Oops, should've done my homework, they are actually all Canadian!! Go Canada!) They've just recently developed one that works for electric in-floor heating too, and is available for preorder now.

Thanks to @Ruciz for pointing it out, actually, there are other rebates all over North America, but here are the others in Canada:

Newfoundland and Labrador TakeCharge NL $10/thermostat
Nova Scotia Efficiency NS $25/thermostat (up to 5) (online instant rebate)
New Brunswick NB Power $10/thermostat
Prince Edward Island Maritime Electric $10/thermostat
Alberta Energy Efficiency Alberta $75/thermostat

Sinope: https://www.sinopetech.com/en/product/s ... -w-zigbee/
There are a number of options that I haven't had time to look through, but looks like if you order 2 of the TH1124ZB models, they will come out to only $52.45 each. Have to order $50 or more to get free shipping, otherwise if you just buy 1 you will need to include shipping costs

Stelpro:
Sorry, haven't had much time to research these, but search/read through the thread to find some comments from those that are using these.

-dave009
Images
  • MysaRebate.PNG
Last edited by dave009 on Nov 18th, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.
182 replies
Feb 14, 2006
168 posts
63 upvotes
25 off from Nova Scotia power rebates. There's a enter postal code check for rebates section on their website
Mar 26, 2015
59 posts
41 upvotes
BC
These are fantastic devices. I bought 5 in 2018 during Black Friday for $109 / each. Experienced about a 20% savings in the hydro bill last winter and we even used the heat more often.

I suspect ROI in about 4 years.

Highly recommend these to replace old mechanical thermostats. Especially at the price with a BC Hydro rebate.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2833 posts
411 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks!! Hmm think that can be combined w/ their BF deals?
[OP]
Apr 26, 2005
51 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
Good catch! Looks like rebates are elsewhere too: MYSA Canada Rebates...

Right now only Nova Scotia and BC get instant rebates via online order
[OP]
Apr 26, 2005
51 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
litebrite wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 5:33 pm
Thanks!! Hmm think that can be combined w/ their BF deals?
It does say that the rebates can be stacked with "other promotional or quantity discounts" and the offer does go till November 29 which is Black Friday... might be worth it to wait till last day?? Unless they pull a Shell Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 15, 2008
207 posts
16 upvotes
dave009 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 5:19 pm
Hi all,

I've been tracking Mysa smart thermostat for months for a deal and just saw an ad on Instagram showing instant rebate for BC Hydro or Fortis BC customers until November 29th, 2019. Regular price is $139 but they do offer volume discounts at 3 and 5 units, the $40 instant rebate (technically it is $35.71 discount pretax) works on top of the volume discount. Maximum 5 per transaction, per customer. Need to have valid postal code within BC Hydro or Fortis BC service area in order to be eligible for rebate. Free shipping on all orders. It says you need to fill in a survey after you order, I haven't ordered yet so I don't have details about that.

1 Mysa at $115.68
3 Mysa at $313.44 = $104.48 each
5 Mysa at $466.40 = $93.28 each (all prices tax incl.)

Group buy anyone in Metro Vancouver??

-dave009
sent you a PM Dave.
Also, I talked to chat just now. Code MEETMYSA gives extra 5% off all orders.
Sep 9, 2019
283 posts
164 upvotes
Interested but new to smart thermostats. My apartment has baseboard heaters, would that work? The switch is a turnable knob that when you turn clockwise till you hear a click, it'll start up the heater. And to turn off, turn counter clockwise until the click.
[OP]
Apr 26, 2005
51 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
dealpool wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 5:41 pm
Interested but new to smart thermostats. My apartment has baseboard heaters, would that work? The switch is a turnable knob that when you turn clockwise till you hear a click, it'll start up the heater. And to turn off, turn counter clockwise until the click.
Sounds like the same as my current thermostat, but I think it is better to confirm the wiring. They have a compatibility checker online that is very helpful in determining whether it works with your system or not, start here first: https://getmysa.com/compatibility
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2833 posts
411 upvotes
Vancouver
dave009 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 5:39 pm
It does say that the rebates can be stacked with "other promotional or quantity discounts" and the offer does go till November 29 which is Black Friday... might be worth it to wait till last day?? Unless they pull a Shell Face With Tears Of Joy
LOL good one. :D

I've been wanting to get mysa for a while now so I think I might just pull the trigger. Too bad amazon.ca isn't an authorized online retailer for the BC hydro rebate! I have a bunch of gift cards I bought from the shell deal!
Sep 9, 2019
283 posts
164 upvotes
dave009 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 5:45 pm
Sounds like the same as my current thermostat, but I think it is better to confirm the wiring. They have a compatibility checker online that is very helpful in determining whether it works with your system or not, start here first: https://getmysa.com/compatibility
Thanks, I was just looking at that. Pretty sure it's an electrical baseboard heater but will need to take a look at the current thermostat. Does this require any other smart home gadgets? Or just Wi-Fi and your phone?
[OP]
Apr 26, 2005
51 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
dealpool wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 5:56 pm
Thanks, I was just looking at that. Pretty sure it's an electrical baseboard heater but will need to take a look at the current thermostat. Does this require any other smart home gadgets? Or just Wi-Fi and your phone?
No, it does not require other smart home gadgets ie. no hub required to control it. You just need to use the MYSA app on your device and on the same WiFi network.
Sep 9, 2019
283 posts
164 upvotes
litebrite wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 5:55 pm
LOL good one. :D

I've been wanting to get mysa for a while now so I think I might just pull the trigger. Too bad amazon.ca isn't an authorized online retailer for the BC hydro rebate! I have a bunch of gift cards I bought from the shell deal!
What is this Shell deal? It sounds like it was as fun as the Coast Capital deal.
May 3, 2012
47 posts
38 upvotes
Victoria
I got one mysa thermostat last year. It's ok. This year I wanted to get another one but the price was $139, much higher than the Sinope Zigbee at $85 on Amazon so I got the Sinope instead. Now that I have both, I preferred the Sinope just because I can control it via Smartthings app. Mysa does show humidity level which isn't available with Sinope.
Feb 21, 2003
635 posts
274 upvotes
Richmond BC
anyone knows wattage these can handle? Sinope is 3000 and 4000 watt.
Best deal: 2 boxes of HP 92 white papers from staples for $7.00 (2004)

Upvote my post if you find it helpful. Thx