Expired Hot Deals

BCHydro/FortisBC - $40 rebate Smart Electric Heating Thermostats - Mysa/Sinope/Stelpro BC *other provinces check online

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2019 7:26 am
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1005 posts
425 upvotes
Vancouver
paxxx wrote: You don't need the Sinope hub for the Zigbee version. You can use a Samsung Smarthings hub that's on sale right now. See post #14 in this thread for reference.
I already have a smartthings hub but I want the energy dashboard that the neviweb software can do.
Jan 22, 2011
119 posts
22 upvotes
Burnaby
Can somebody recommend a smart thermostat for a gas fireplace ? I understand that an external power adapter might be required.

Thanks.
Nov 7, 2014
139 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
turbo_slug wrote: Good to hear. How long did it take to receive the Sinope order? I ordered a single Zigbee one to try out before ordering more. I'm hoping it'll arrive before the rebate ends.
About 5 working days from order to received.
Dec 24, 2017
182 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver
Fixed one on my living room and works great. Was scared a bit before installing but it was a breeze. Planning to get another for bedroom. Let me know if anyone going to group order in downtown Vancouver.
Dec 6, 2016
3 posts
jaktor wrote: Fixed one on my living room and works great. Was scared a bit before installing but it was a breeze. Planning to get another for bedroom. Let me know if anyone going to group order in downtown Vancouver.
I’m looking to grab a couple, if we order 3 or more, they work out to about $71 each (max of 5, because the rebate maxes out)
Dec 24, 2017
182 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver
BryanF638930 wrote: I’m looking to grab a couple, if we order 3 or more, they work out to about $71 each (max of 5, because the rebate maxes out)
Dm’ed you
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1150 posts
2381 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Ok, I only need 2 Mysa thermostats, so if anyone else here is looking to group buy, please let me know via PM! I'm based in downtown Vancouver.

Also, before you commit, please ensure that Mysa will work with your wiring by following the link here.. https://getmysa.com/compatibility
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Oct 14, 2004
987 posts
278 upvotes
Victoria
I just ordered 5. With the Black Friday and rebate discounts it seemed to get to a reasonable price point. Hopefully with some sort of automation around night time and away time they might pay for themselves. My only worry is that the 5 are for two main living areas, and 3 bedrooms. That leaves still another 5 for lesser a lesser used room, hallway, and 3 bathrooms. Maybe I can come to some sort of balance between manual and automation.
Mar 4, 2006
195 posts
212 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: I just ordered 5. With the Black Friday and rebate discounts it seemed to get to a reasonable price point. Hopefully with some sort of automation around night time and away time they might pay for themselves. My only worry is that the 5 are for two main living areas, and 3 bedrooms. That leaves still another 5 for lesser a lesser used room, hallway, and 3 bathrooms. Maybe I can come to some sort of balance between manual and automation.
I have my bedroom ones set on a schedule. My living room ones on a schedule but also working with an IFTTT compatible motion sensor so that when there is motion (someone is in the room) the temperture is set at 22C. If there is no motion in that room for 15 minutes temperature setpoint is lowered to 15C.

I have a space heater setup with a smart plug (check the space heater and smart plugs power rating) to achieve a similar effect for one of my lesser used rooms.
Jun 2, 2013
31 posts
19 upvotes
North Vancouver
Bit the bullet and bought the Mysa after a review of sinope and Mysa. All in it was about $354 for X5.
A bit more expensive than Sinope but wanted to support a Canadian company.
Nov 7, 2014
139 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chronopolis wrote: Bit the bullet and bought the Mysa after a review of sinope and Mysa. All in it was about $354 for X5.
A bit more expensive than Sinope but wanted to support a Canadian company.
Just want to point out that both Mysa and Sinope are Canadian company but you wont go wrong with either one.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1705 posts
1425 upvotes
Montréal
MikeyCanuck wrote: I just ordered 5. With the Black Friday and rebate discounts it seemed to get to a reasonable price point. Hopefully with some sort of automation around night time and away time they might pay for themselves. My only worry is that the 5 are for two main living areas, and 3 bedrooms. That leaves still another 5 for lesser a lesser used room, hallway, and 3 bathrooms. Maybe I can come to some sort of balance between manual and automation.
I have a mix in my house too. It's hard line to walk
Jun 2, 2013
31 posts
19 upvotes
North Vancouver
mclyin wrote: Just want to point out that both Mysa and Sinope are Canadian company but you wont go wrong with either one.
Oh didn't know that. Didn't seem to be that apparent on the Sinope site. Or I probably would have went Sinope since it's a bit cheaper.
Mar 5, 2011
144 posts
123 upvotes
mclyin wrote: Just want to point out that both Mysa and Sinope are Canadian company but you wont go wrong with either one.
As is Stelpro!
Mar 5, 2011
361 posts
117 upvotes
Also ordered x3 of the Mysa. Although I don't have a strong use case for them, it's nice to be able to warm the house at night before getting home.