[OP]
Nov 24, 2008
16 posts
5 upvotes
canada

BCOM Computer : EEEPC $268.88 , Benq 22" 228.88 Alberta

Hello
The Deal is Expired , no more available at this time

i got this deal for people in edmonton , calgary and canada in general , not sure about other provinces , maybe you can buy from website

this is the deal page

http://www.b-com.ca/surprise/index.html

it is valid for 3 days ( ends nov 29 2008 )

eee pc $268.88 ( colors screen , black case and white case )
benq lcd ( with HDMI ) $228.88

on the website front page 15" laptop for 1385.95 ( asus m50 )

thank you
23 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1469 posts
336 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
congrats on first post OP... heck even I haven't posted a deal ;) like this!
Jul 13, 2007
376 posts
258 upvotes
Vancouver
Nice prices....

Any thoughts/comments about the business?
Feb 15, 2008
355 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary
dawn_g_dkny wrote: Any thoughts/comments about the business?
Shopped there lots over the years - used to be my go to store before Edmonton finally got a Memory Express. Even now they often have better deals than Memory Express and I've never had a complaint about the service.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1460 posts
699 upvotes
Edmonton
Great store, its just their horrid website that turns me off. Good straightforward service in-store. Bought my eee there when they first came out.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
3650 posts
131 upvotes
Edmonton
I have an issue with their return policy. I once bought a 4 port KVM there that was defective. I went back and asked them to exchange, but they were OOS on that model. They then said that my only option was to return it for store credit. I did that, asked them to order the KVM again and I would buy it again. It took over 2 months for it to come in.

So for 2 months, I had a crappy store credit in my wallet instead of a KVM on my desk. Of course I could have bought the KVM elsewhere, but then I would have a store credit that I had no intention of using. Lose, lose. All because I bought the last item on their shelf which happened to be broken.

I understand small stores having tighter return/exchange policies because of their low margins. But when something is clearly not the customer's fault, they should be more lenient.

Never shopped there again after. Memoryexpress has 7 days return policy, no questions asked.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1346 posts
210 upvotes
EDM Area
Anyone have any thoughts on the Linksys NAS? Looks like a pretty good deal @ $99.00
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
2166 posts
229 upvotes
Is this really Alberta only?

Might want to put that in your thread title and stop wasting everyones time.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
3650 posts
131 upvotes
Edmonton
4got10 wrote: Anyone have any thoughts on the Linksys NAS? Looks like a pretty good deal @ $99.00
Here is a review. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2208939,00.asp
bellboy26 wrote: Is this really Alberta only?

Might want to put that in your thread title and stop wasting everyones time.
Like all the Toronto only deals have GTA in their title. :rolleyes: In any case, this store does ship to anywhere in Canada, including Nova Scotia.
Dec 19, 2007
360 posts
6 upvotes
airodus wrote: Like all the Toronto only deals have GTA in their title. :rolleyes: In any case, this store does ship to anywhere in Canada, including Nova Scotia.

Sure they will ship. Just not at the advertised price in this flyer. (ie, BenQ LCD is $250 when added to cart, not $228).
[OP]
Nov 24, 2008
16 posts
5 upvotes
canada
hello

it is for all canada , but this deal is in store only offer

but the eee pc actual price on the website is pretty close , $288 which is cheaper than other places

thank you for your comments

and about return policy , i returned graphic card, and get a replacement same day , but with intel motherboard warranty , the defect was a reason to send it to intel and it came back after few days
Nov 28, 2003
417 posts
45 upvotes
btw, is the eee pc the 'surf' model? I.e. can you upgrade the ram?
[OP]
Nov 24, 2008
16 posts
5 upvotes
canada
hello

it doesnt say surf , and i think the xp version of eee pc is upgradeable
4g version is different than surf, they have surf with the word surf in the title
but not sure ,
pepperMonkey wrote: btw, is the eee pc the 'surf' model? I.e. can you upgrade the ram?