BCTESG, RESP, and self-directed investment accounts
I know the list here under "Where can I access the grant?" lists a bunch of places like Qtrade and all the big 5 banks (minus CIBC) but for the banks that does NOT guarantee that the brokerage arm actually supports the grant. e.g. TD does NOT. I also know Questrade does not (it's not even on the list so that should also make it obvious ).
[EDIT: Another official list here]
Support for BCTESG $1200 grant in self-directed RESP account:
- Virtual Brokers - yes [new top contender as of May 2017 - source: xgbsSS]
- Qtrade - yes
- National Bank Direct Brokerage - yes (source: eresco)
- Questrade - no
- TDDI - no - various sources, including branch staff: supports the grant only in lame branch-only GIC style RESP account
- Scotia iTrade - no - source: confirmed by email Jan 10th (support with branch account)
- RBC DI - no - source: specialfx3000
- BMO IL - no - source: minimalist (BMO supports grant, not BMO IL though)
- CIBC - no - "Coming soon" (Fall 2017) - unknown whether that will include self-directed or not, but for now it's a "no" based on not supporting it at all
Honourable mentions (robo-advisor options):
- Justwealth - yes
- Wealthsimple - yes [source: amberjill]
Please help me fill out this table! Thanks!! I will update OP with data points and hopefully it can act as a reference going forwards. If anyone has other brokers/datapoints to add please do so!
*See source posts for info and possibly supporting links directly to the FI's page indicating support for BCTESG.