• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2011 11:37 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 31, 2006
746 posts
166 upvotes

[Marshalls] Beats by Dre Headphones Solo HD ($139.99) & Power Beats ($119.99) @ Marshalls

More offers from Marshalls
Went to the Marhsalls in Ajax (believe the address is 40 Kingston Road E, it's in the same plaza as the new BR factory store) and noticed they had the following head phones.

Beats Solo HD (white) for $139.99
Beats Power Beats (white and black) for $119.99

I was there this morning (11am) and they had around 2 of the Solo and 10+ of the Power Beats.

Not sure if these are available at all Marshalls.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
Fake power beats are $7

plus the $1.50 for the glue gun at Dollarama when they fall apart.

Total savings $130

:D
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2571 posts
2936 upvotes
Calgary
:arrowu:

lol

+1
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
Betard wrote: Dr. Dre sold 51% stake in the company. http://www.bet.com/news/music/2011/08/1 ... -309m.html

I wonder if the pricing will drop everywhere now.

HTC is a joke, they need to change the quality of the DAC in the phones..
This is like GM saying they are buying 51% stake in Dupont to improve the cars...

Using higher (and I use the term loosely) "Quality" earphones will just highlight the cheapness of the sound coming from the phone...

Just like Apple was using wolfson chips and then decided to cheap out and use some crap DAC chip and components to the earphone jack... I dont know how one can "cheap out" on SMT capacitors... dang... gone from 3 cents to 2.5 cents...

Dre is not stupid, He knows that the recent unleash of fake earphones will deteriorate the "brand image" when the streets are saturated with fakes... Sell now and get out.

This Beats by Dre was just a fad to take advantage of all the people who knwo nothing about buying quality earphones and mostly kids wanting to be "cool"

I would take a pair of Koss Porta Pros over this line of "premium earphones" any day. And I have no problem walking down the street and do my groceries with those on.

Those monster Dre Studios cost as much as that 40" HDTV from Walmart!

I guess I am not "cool"
Jan 19, 2008
981 posts
442 upvotes
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
iEye wrote: ...I would take a pair of Koss Porta Pros over this line of "premium earphones" any day. And I have no problem walking down the street and do my groceries with those on.

Those monster Dre Studios cost as much as that 40" HDTV from Walmart!

I guess I am not "cool"
AGREED! I've listened to the Solos before and while they do sound good, for the price it's nothing to brag about. I myself use Sennheiser PX100s and they're amazing....very similar to porta pros; they both blow beats out of the water, and these aren't even at the beats price point! If you want a quality pair of headphones, look at Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Shure, Grado, etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2036 posts
819 upvotes
Scarborough
Dark_fantom wrote: AGREED! I've listened to the Solos before and while they do sound good, for the price it's nothing to brag about. I myself use Sennheiser PX100s and they're amazing....very similar to porta pros; they both blow beats out of the water, and these aren't even at the beats price point! If you want a quality pair of headphones, look at Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Shure, Grado, etc.

GRADOS!!!!!!!!!

My buddy recieved beats solo as a gift and thought it was "THE" headphone of the century until i let her try my low end Grado sr60....her opinion will never be the same again!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56401 posts
21420 upvotes
Dark_fantom wrote: AGREED! I've listened to the Solos before and while they do sound good, for the price it's nothing to brag about. I myself use Sennheiser PX100s and they're amazing....very similar to porta pros; they both blow beats out of the water, and these aren't even at the beats price point! If you want a quality pair of headphones, look at Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Shure, Grado, etc.
jono454 wrote: GRADOS!!!!!!!!!

My buddy recieved beats solo as a gift and thought it was "THE" headphone of the century until i let her try my low end Grado sr60....her opinion will never be the same again!

Hi guys, what would you recommend for a good set of wireless headphones? Do these wireless headphones deliver as good an audio experience as their cabled brethren? I figured at least with a good wireless headphone, noise-level at home can be toned down even when just watching some shows/TV :)

Thank you.
Jan 31, 2009
626 posts
26 upvotes
Anything back by Monster of Monster Cables is an overpriced scam.