• Apr 25th, 2012 12:27 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 29, 2006
643 posts
9 upvotes

Beats by Dre Return

Hey guys,

a couple months ago I bought my wife the Studiio Beats by Dre headphones from Best Buy ($349.99) Of course I lost the receipt and am stuck with them now because she says they are too big and doesn't want to get jumped on the bus for them.

I went to Best Buy and those cockroaches wouldn't take it back (even though I was also prepared to spend $1k on a new TV), its sealed and never opened. All I wanted was store credit....

Does anyone have any advice for me? I will return them to any electronics store for Store Credit (including costco - as i think they did carry these at some point in Dec 2011).

Thanks
Bwhizz
Share:
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1775 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
sell them here or kijiji/craigslist/ebay/amazon
© 2015
Jul 13, 2008
19304 posts
3869 upvotes
GTA
Best Buy's return policy is one month so they have no obligation to let you return just because you don't want them a couple months later. Also, how do you plan to return it to another electronics store without a receipt? :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5058 posts
1661 upvotes
KC108 wrote: Best Buy's return policy is one month so they have no obligation to let you return just because you don't want them a couple months later. Also, how do you plan to return it to another electronics store without a receipt? :facepalm:

+1......
Feb 1, 2010
457 posts
23 upvotes
Sell em on kijiji but you'd be lucky of you can manage $250 for them.
No store in their right mind will take those back without a receipt, especially considering the amount of fakes out there.

If I were you I would either sell them and take the $100+ hit (trust me, I know the pains of selling beats all too well), consider using them yourself, or find a suitable person to gift them to (kids, spoiled nephew/niece, etc.)
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
210 upvotes
Surrey
bwhizz wrote: Does anyone have any advice for me? I will return them to any electronics store for Store Credit (including costco - as i think they did carry these at some point in Dec 2011).
My advice is...suck it up, princess. :razz: Best Buy is under no obligation whatsoever to accept the return. Firstly, you lost the receipt (your fault, not theirs) and secondly you're way past the return timeframe (your fault, not theirs).

I find it amusing that you're calling them cockroaches for adhering to their policies, yet you're now contemplating committing a fraudulent act by attempting to return merchandise to a retailer from which the item was not originally purchased. Who'd be a cockroach then? :-0

You make it sound as if it was a big deal that you were prepared to buy a $1000 TV. It's not that big a deal when you're expecting them to accept a return on a pair of headphones valued at 1/3 the price of that TV...especially since I believe the margin on the TV is nowhere near that high (though I could be wrong).

As others have said, sell them on Craigslist or eBay and get cash for them. It's kind of a cockroach-y act to expect a retailer (and by extension, their customers who have to basically cover it) to make a loss just because your wife doesn't like the gift you bought her. Unfortunately, you dropped the ball on this one. You would have got a complete refund had you returned them 'a couple of months ago' as soon as your wife expressed concerns about her safety while wearing these headphones.

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3434 posts
1153 upvotes
Next time think before you buy 350 dollar headphones..........
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14250 posts
1137 upvotes
I find it ironic that the OP is calling the staff at Best Buy cockroaches... given that he is asking how to commit fraud.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
May 5, 2009
457 posts
38 upvotes
I'll give a bill for the headphone if u want??
Nov 9, 2008
275 posts
6 upvotes
Etobicoke
150$ for them :D
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
1223 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
bwhizz wrote: Hey guys,

a couple months ago I bought my wife the Studiio Beats by Dre headphones from Best Buy ($349.99) Of course I lost the receipt and am stuck with them now because she says they are too big and doesn't want to get jumped on the bus for them.

I went to Best Buy and those cockroaches wouldn't take it back (even though I was also prepared to spend $1k on a new TV), its sealed and never opened. All I wanted was store credit....

Does anyone have any advice for me? I will return them to any electronics store for Store Credit (including costco - as i think they did carry these at some point in Dec 2011).

Thanks
Bwhizz

Costco does not take returns they cannot find under your membership #.

Also, what you are implying to do is fraud. But atleast its posted on the internet now so anyone can see.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6802 posts
684 upvotes
Toronto
bwhizz wrote: Hey guys,

Thanks
Bwhizz

That's called fraud. And it makes you the cockroach, sir.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.