Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3395 posts
10 upvotes
The Zoo had them in the summer lol.
Dec 7, 2003
886 posts
128 upvotes
I'm surprised noone has made a dirty comment thus far...
Mar 18, 2002
410 posts
13 upvotes
I was surprised to see them when I visited Vancouver this summer! There's a BeaverTails on Grouse Mountain!..
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2002
2654 posts
2 upvotes
MasterAvatar wrote:I'm surprised noone has made a dirty comment thus far...

if you nuke the pastry one a bit, then both will have a moist center
thus the dirty comment
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11537 posts
1041 upvotes
Ottawa
Wow, Scotland?

They mention Winterlude, but I don't see a map for where along the Canal they are. Yes, I realize that would add 20 or so stores, but I'd still like to see them listed.
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2003
1160 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
any of the TO stores open now? and w/o needing to pay admission to wherever they are located at
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2002
1288 posts
324 upvotes
Halifax, NS
I saw one at the top of one of the runs at Blue Mountain a few weeks ago.

If you're in the mood to go skiing too, this might help. :)
Aug 5, 2004
186 posts
Arrrrrrrrrrgh. The memories, those things are nasty. How do I know? Well, when I was younger I worked for them, they tried to open a beavertails in toronto in the beaches!!! The lady who ran the place was a lazy self admitted person

Anyhow, beaches is fine in the summer, lots of traffic. But in the winter, the beaches area dies and the novelty wore off for the beaches people. So, she ended up closing down. She still run the ontario place store and the Ex store. So, they tried beavertails in toronto is just didn't take.

I still remember the phrase: "it's a cracked wheat, whole wheat pastry that we hand stretch into the shape of a beavers tail", damn brainwashing, man I gotta visit my psychiatrist again.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6564 posts
264 upvotes
Markham
Could have sworn there was one in the beaches (Woodbine).
This space for rent
Aug 5, 2004
186 posts
Mr Nobody wrote:Could have sworn there was one in the beaches (Woodbine).
Yeah, that's what I was saying above. There was one in the beaches, but it didn't make enough money during the winter and they had to close it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6564 posts
264 upvotes
Markham
brwnhaggler wrote:Yeah, that's what I was saying above. There was one in the beaches, but it didn't make enough money during the winter and they had to close it.
Woops. I skimmed by and missed your long post (relative to other posts in this thread :) ).
This space for rent
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11471 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
brwnhaggler wrote:Arrrrrrrrrrgh. The memories, those things are nasty. How do I know? Well, when I was younger I worked for them, they tried to open a beavertails in toronto in the beaches!!! The lady who ran the place was a lazy self admitted person
Self-admitted?

And this mitigates your being a racist how, exactly?

Also, the stereotype *never* includes "lazy." I think you just threw that in.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2894 posts
334 upvotes
GTA
beavertails get boring

i work for the zoo restaurants and had nuff beavertails to last me a while

the chocolate one or apple cinnamon is best
Feb 8, 2005
167 posts
28 upvotes
They're really easy to make. I left Ottawa too, and after you make them, you'll never want to pay for them again.

Buy a $2 clump of dough from a grocery store. Take a piece out, roll really flat with a bottle or rolling pin. Semi deep-fry in a pan with 1/2 cm oil.

Squeeze a lemon, sprinkle sugar, and that's it.

The $2 clump of dough can make up to 20 beaver tails. Make sure you freeze the unused portion or it'll expand in the fridge!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)