• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2021 4:40 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2011
25 posts
148 upvotes
MONTR

[Bed Bath And Beyond] AeroPress Coffee & Espresso Maker $27.19

Probably as low as these will get in the Canadian market.

Retail price - $39.99
The list price is already 15% off - 33.99
Sign up for emails for (or use existing) 20% off coupon to bring it down to - $27.19

If you're into coffee, you already know what this is about. One of the best advantages of AeroPress over some of the more traditional pourover methods like V60 is that you can easily take these camping.

Here are 3 exceptionally educational video for newcomers who are interested in trying/learning:
(watch in chronological order)

190 replies
Feb 12, 2011
42 posts
81 upvotes
Victoria
Great deal. I make a cup with this every morning. Best way to brew! Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1769 posts
3499 upvotes
Vancouver
Excellent price.

This is a Must Have if you brew your own coffee. I've been using mine pretty much every day for the last 6 years since I got into the coffee scene. I also brew with a Chemex and v60 sometimes, but the Aeropress is always the default option because of its speed and consistency. Plus you can take it travelling and camping.
Sep 2, 2014
266 posts
355 upvotes
Vancouver
Great deal! Aeropress is currently my daily-driver for coffee (just one cup in the morning). It's fun to take camping as well.

Reminds me, I need to buy new papers.

Edit: Current favourite recipe is James Hoffman's (linked in OP). I use 12g of medium-light roast, fine grind, 200g of 100° water, 2min steep time, non-inverted, swirl and wait 30sec, then press. Unfortunately I ran out of light roast and am still working on finding a good dark roast recipe. Seems to need a coarser grind, higher dose, cooler water.
Last edited by duncancj on Jun 4th, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 29, 2015
73 posts
59 upvotes
Saskatoon
I have the mini version and I use it everyday. Might buy this one as a gift to return the favor to the person who gifted me mine.
Feb 4, 2007
613 posts
421 upvotes
Curious, how many grams do you guys use in your morning mug full of coffee? Are you sticking with a typical ratio like 16g to 250g of water, or something else?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1769 posts
3499 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm. Mine is still going strong after 6 years and I wasn't going to buy this, but this includes 350 filters which are usually about $6-$7 on their own... so it's like getting a backup Aeropress for $20...
Jul 11, 2009
672 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto
Mysticode wrote: Curious, how many grams do you guys use in your morning mug full of coffee? Are you sticking with a typical ratio like 16g to 250g of water, or something else?
I brew 25g of medium-fine grinds at 185°f with a stir, for 60 seconds, press for 30 seconds and then dilute to a final weight of 500 g.

I use aeropress every weekday. I like the cleanliness of the chemex (no fines) but reserve it for the weekends
Last edited by JimU on Jun 4th, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 2, 2014
486 posts
485 upvotes
Vancity
bloody hell why is it taking so long to get a 20% code.
Nov 29, 2015
126 posts
65 upvotes
Mysticode wrote: Curious, how many grams do you guys use in your morning mug full of coffee? Are you sticking with a typical ratio like 16g to 250g of water, or something else?
I'm using James Hoffman's recommendation (linked in the OP) of 11g x 200g of water which is working well for me
Jul 11, 2009
672 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto
yeti13 wrote: bloody hell why is it taking so long to get a 20% code.
I got mine last Sunday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1769 posts
3499 upvotes
Vancouver
Yep. Roughly that.

I just use 2 tablespoons (~15g) and ~1 cup of water. If I'm brewing with the v60 or Chemex, I'll bust out the digital scale and be really precise (it's part of the fun), but with the Aeropress I'm not as precise. It's a lot more forgiving than pourover methods. I usually brew with the inverted method but have been doing the standard method more lately (following James Hoffman's "recipe"). Honestly, I probably couldn't tell between inverted vs. standard. I can't really tell if I let the coffee bloom for 20 seconds. I can't tell if I let it steep 90 seconds vs 180 seconds. It's hard to mess up an Aeropress brew. That's why it's such a great daily driver.
Dec 9, 2014
333 posts
223 upvotes
GTA
I bought this a few months ago and use it everyday. Makes a great cup of coffee in less than 5 mins. Highly recommend it!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1769 posts
3499 upvotes
Vancouver
RichardStroker wrote: Any recommendations for a coffee grinder to go along with this?
Either a Baratza Encore or a Baratza Encore.
Jul 21, 2009
137 posts
107 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks, patiently waiting for 20% code now lol
Jun 9, 2002
204 posts
86 upvotes
No question this is a quick and easy way to make a good cup of coffee... But you need to use a coarse grind... The finer the grind, the more liquid will come shooting out the side and the harder you'll need to press on it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9681 posts
3247 upvotes
hmm...currently using a hario pour over. What are the filter prices like?
The leader of the past may have been a person who knew how to tell, but certainly, the leader of the future will be a person who knows how to ask. -Peter Drucker
Jul 29, 2015
73 posts
59 upvotes
Saskatoon
mockingbird wrote: No question this is a quick and easy way to make a good cup of coffee... But you need to use a coarse grind... The finer the grind, the more liquid will come shooting out the side and the harder you'll need to press on it.
I use drip or pour over grind no problem
Feb 4, 2007
613 posts
421 upvotes
JimU wrote: I brew 25g of medium-fine grinds at 185°f with a stir, for 60 seconds, press for 30 seconds and then dilute to a final weight of 500 g.

I use aeropress every weekday. I like the cleanliness of the chemex (no fines) but reserve it for the weekends
25g and bypass to 500g.. hmm that's a rather high ratio, are you using a dark roast? With my typical light-medium roast ratios 25g would end up with a final product of 400-425g

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

EnthusedLemur