Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Amazon Echo 2nd Gen Clearance $25.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2019 11:00 am
Jan 4, 2019
14 posts
81 upvotes
T3h 2l4
Calgary, Brentwood store: gave them a call, they said they only had full price in the system, no sale whatsoever
Nov 26, 2017
45 posts
35 upvotes
hagbard wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 12:16 pm
Not sure if I was the only person on the planet who wasn't aware of this, but you have to have a recent smartphone or table for this thing to work. Mine is stuck in a drawer because I don't have either. Total waste of money, but on a good note, I don't have Amazon and the CIA/NSA listening to my ever word.
You can set it up with a browser. Just no calling feature. Login via alexa.amazon.com. If you have no wifi though, then you are out of luck
Nov 26, 2017
45 posts
35 upvotes
komal wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 12:24 pm
Because of your post, I didn't go in yesterday.

Today I was already out so I went by anyway. The manager found one last darker grey Echo in the locker, but it rang up at 64.99 because it was the darker colour. The manager tried to find the lighter coloured Echo but couldn't find any, but he was really nice and overrode the code and sold it to me for $25.99 anyway. I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last Echo left because the manager looked and could only find one.

I think the only Echos they have are the ones people called in to reserve.

And while I was waiting, an RFD'er came in to pick up an Echo he reserved, he tried to use the 20% coupon but was told no and started arguing with them about it Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Yeah, saw that $65 one. Glad you got the discount. Also got the no 20% treatment. I am pretty sure the manager is glad to be rid of these devices by now.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2839 posts
362 upvotes
andycwlai wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 3:47 pm
Yeah, saw that $65 one. Glad you got the discount. Also got the no 20% treatment. I am pretty sure the manager is glad to be rid of these devices by now.
I don't doubt it.

The manager said there were exceptions on the coupon and he offered to show the RFDer where the exceptions were all noted. I think he knew what he was talking about.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2021 posts
2139 upvotes
dubey wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 4:06 pm
It's always the lowest IQs making those posts too. Barely readable.
So the assumption that you are leading to is that anyone that points out privacy concerns has low IQ? Sounds to me like generalizing, isn't it ? So if anyone doesn't agree with my thought/belief, must be stupid, good point.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10890 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
None in Ottawa - only Gen 1 @ $79, or the latest one @ $116.
- Absolute
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1298 posts
823 upvotes
Land
none down East either

Good find OP
Mar 4, 2007
541 posts
416 upvotes
Halifax
dredd2099 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 4:05 pm
None in airport Rd. Worker I asked said he took the last two, sorry Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
SERIOUSLY? Is that even allowed?
Dec 31, 2016
116 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
big AI fighting it hard to enter our homes...?
Google Mini for 9.99$, Amazon hits back with Echo for 25$?
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1603 posts
337 upvotes
Montreal
accessarpit wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:29 pm
big AI fighting it hard to enter our homes...?
Google Mini for 9.99$, Amazon hits back with Echo for 25$?
Amazon gave these away for $0.00, back in 2017, in apparent "mistake".
LINK

They have to do these promotions. Otherwise, where else these companies gather their BIG data?
Feb 11, 2013
16 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
The people in this thread talking about "Big AI collecting so much data", I'm guessing you guys don't use smartphones right? Heck I'm guessing you guys don't even use Windows or MacOS?
Dec 31, 2016
116 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
williamsauga wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:42 pm
Amazon gave these away for $0.00, back in 2017, in apparent "mistake".
LINK

They have to do these promotions. Otherwise, where else these companies gather their BIG data?
It could be considered to be a "genuine" mistake, but still qualifies for the conspiracy of intentionally selling them for free.
Spotify+Google could be the most innocent way of carrying out daylight robbery of our data for free.
I consider these AI tools should actually come for free, if not cashback, so will only be buying them when are on offer like these.
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎
Dec 31, 2016
116 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
zecatz wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:48 pm
The people in this thread talking about "Big AI collecting so much data", I'm guessing you guys don't use smartphones right? Heck I'm guessing you guys don't even use Windows or MacOS?
Your assumptions are absolutely worthless as your thoughts about presumptions about other's lives and thoughts.
You are in the well, and cannot jump out, so keep 'guessing'.
Feb 11, 2013
16 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
accessarpit wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:54 pm
Your assumptions are absolutely worthless as your thoughts about presumptions about other's lives and thoughts.
You are in the well, and cannot jump out, so keep 'guessing'.
Good reply, nice job avoiding the question.