Bed Bath & Beyond / Buy Buy Baby - Spend $200, Get a $50 Rewards

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2021 4:36 am
[OP]
Mar 1, 2005
958 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Bed Bath & Beyond / Buy Buy Baby - Spend $200, Get a $50 Rewards

Hey guys.

Found this on the Bed Bath & Beyond website as a Mother's Day promotion.

Spend at least $200 online or instore before tax/coupons/shipping etc. and receive a $50 'my funds' rewards credit which is a good for a month after it's confirmed to be used online or instore.

Personally, I purchased a Zojirushi rice cooker:

Zojirushi NS-ZCC10

I was in the market for this exact rice cooker model so it was a easy buy for me.

Good deal if your in the market for something and have something else to purchase with the voucher after.

Enjoy guys.
8 replies
[OP]
Mar 1, 2005
958 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
I think there is a bug on the BB&B website. If your interested in the Zojirushi rice cooker I had purchased, just use the search function on the website and make sure it specifies that the purchase qualifies for the $50 rewards. Don't want you guys to miss this offer.
Dec 1, 2018
42 posts
15 upvotes
It says that the Zojirushi Fuzzy is excluded from any coupons. How did you guys make it work?
[OP]
Mar 1, 2005
958 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
No coupon code needed. It says just below the excluded for coupons , Spend $200 get $50 in rewards. It should confirm the rewards during checkout as well. I think you need a account setup too.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2014
1045 posts
550 upvotes
What’s the difference between this rice cooker and the one on Amazon for 183?
Dec 1, 2018
42 posts
15 upvotes
Awesome. It worked! I’ve been eyeing this rice cooker for months. I finally went for it. Thanks!
[OP]
Mar 1, 2005
958 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
paul29m wrote: What’s the difference between this rice cooker and the one on Amazon for 183?
The Amazon rice cooker is Made in China, has a attachable steamer and setting, and looks more elegant IMO.

The rice cooker listed above at BBB is Made in Japan, has handles on the inner pot, has a curved inner pot which is good apparently, looks cute?

I would say the MIJ one is higher quality and better engineering for their part. It just feels quality while the Amazon one does not. Amazon one feels cheap imo in comparison.

For my backround with these, I owned the MIJ one since 2013, but I just bought this here as mine is no longer usable (my fault). MIC cooker I had in my possesion a few days. I didn't cook anything in it, but the build quality was lacking with questionable realibiilty. Main selling point is the steamer, but I came to a point where I could overlooked that.

The only issue I had with the MIJ one is that the element tends to stain but it doesn't affect performance in my experience.

Hope this helps.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2014
1045 posts
550 upvotes
eon90210 wrote: The Amazon rice cooker is Made in China, has a attachable steamer and setting, and looks more elegant IMO.

The rice cooker listed above at BBB is Made in Japan, has handles on the inner pot, has a curved inner pot which is good apparently, looks cute?

I would say the MIJ one is higher quality and better engineering for their part. It just feels quality while the Amazon one does not. Amazon one feels cheap imo in comparison.

For my backround with these, I owned the MIJ one since 2013, but I just bought this here as mine is no longer usable (my fault). MIC cooker I had in my possesion a few days. I didn't cook anything in it, but the build quality was lacking with questionable realibiilty. Main selling point is the steamer, but I came to a point where I could overlooked that.

The only issue I had with the MIJ one is that the element tends to stain but it doesn't affect performance in my experience.

Hope this helps.
Have you tried the induction cookers? Worth it?
Mar 10, 2020
13 posts
21 upvotes
paul29m wrote: Have you tried the induction cookers? Worth it?
Induction cooker is much better:

1) Much more even heating, meaning that no hard and dry rice at the bottom.

2) You can leave the cooked rice in “keep warm” mode for much much longer (some model upto 24hrs) without degrading and drying up. Non-induction one dry up in an hour or 2, you just can’t leave it there too long.

3) If you cook small portion, say half cup, using non-induction one, rice taste bad and very dry. No such problem with induction cooker.

On top of induction cooker, there is induction+pressure cooker, using high pressure steam to cook and bring out the sweetness from the rice. Unless you eat rice on daily basis, otherwise not worth it as they cost much more.