Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Blast! HDMI Wireless retro plug and play atari / namco games. $6 @ Bed Bath and Beyond. YMMV

Nov 24, 2017
25 posts
13 upvotes
All types in stock at Oakville location (200 North Service Rd W.) Thanks, OP.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2978 posts
354 upvotes
Ottawa
nounou23 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:27 am
So I tried it yesterday. It's actually easy to pair the controller to the device. The games were fun but like some reviews I found the buttons aren't always responsive. Still fun for ~$6 :)
Is it a standard Bluetooth device? Perhaps usable with a PC? But then, I doubt the buttons would necessarily work very well there either.

I suppose there's also no luxuries like saving high scores?

(Also, who the heck would willingly play Tower of Druaga..?)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6008 posts
2062 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Jorpho wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:26 pm
Is it a standard Bluetooth device? Perhaps usable with a PC? But then, I doubt the buttons would necessarily work very well there either.

I suppose there's also no luxuries like saving high scores?

Im not sure if it's bluetooth but would be cool to try.
May 5, 2017
317 posts
68 upvotes
This is an environmental tragedy. Why not sell one where you can load different games? more stuff for the landfills..
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1061 posts
950 upvotes
Jorpho wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:26 pm
Thank God I'm not the only one that wonders the same thing!
This looks neat, maybe I'll pick one up if it is the arcade version of the game.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6008 posts
2062 upvotes
Moncton, NB
elgordito wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:48 pm
This is an environmental tragedy. Why not sell one where you can load different games? more stuff for the landfills..
I was actually wondering if it would be hackable. Would be nice to load a bunch of game on it.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4366 posts
1264 upvotes
daviddavieboy wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 2:47 pm
Are these arcade versions or the classic home console versions. If the arcade versions this is definitely worth it IMO as the home versions really sucked.
The Pac Man set is NES version. No arcade versions at all. I don't know about the other sets, please read online before buying.
Go on Youtube and read the reviews. Basically that company scammed everyone by sending arcade versions to reviewers but released NES versions on the market.
For $6, it's worth a shot as a gift to someone who won't care, but not at normal price

Nov 30, 2013
75 posts
64 upvotes
NB
Totoriko wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 11:35 am
The Pac Man set is NES version. No arcade versions at all.
Yeah, I picked one up because the artwork on the box showed the arcade versions. I was disappointed but the gameplay is still OK. It will still make a good gift.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8921 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
KT2312 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 2:39 pm
No love for QC?
The boxes DO HAVE French on them! However, this store does not exist in Quebec.

Nearest store to Montreal is Ottawa!
Nov 23, 2015
693 posts
383 upvotes
Winnipeg
I would never pay $30 for one of these, but for $6 it's worth it for some cheap retro gaming thrills. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1061 posts
950 upvotes
Totoriko wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 11:35 am
The Pac Man set is NES version. No arcade versions at all. I don't know about the other sets, please read online before buying.
Go on Youtube and read the reviews. Basically that company scammed everyone by sending arcade versions to reviewers but released NES versions on the market.
For $6, it's worth a shot as a gift to someone who won't care, but not at normal price

The Midway 3-in-1 pictured in one of the posts must be arcade ports? Only 3 games, and I would assume they're not Atari versions from the screenshots on the box. Possibly that WWF game also.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4366 posts
1264 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 3:31 pm
The Midway 3-in-1 pictured in one of the posts must be arcade ports? Only 3 games, and I would assume they're not Atari versions from the screenshots on the box. Possibly that WWF game also.
There's a chance it could be as it's by MSI Entertainment, a different company
Nov 26, 2015
112 posts
202 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Thanks OP, pick up the last bandai namco in moncton!.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3955 posts
914 upvotes
Charlottetown
grabbed a Midway Classic Arcade Vol 1, had to get a SodaStream cartridge anyway......well, got the cartridge a little earlier than planned :)