Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Blast! HDMI Wireless retro plug and play atari / namco games. $6 @ Bed Bath and Beyond. YMMV

Jun 16, 2009
850 posts
757 upvotes
I went to the Airport Road location today and they had lots of them on the shelf still. Picked up Bandai Namco, 3-in-1 Joust, and Asteroids.
I haven't tried it yet, but the Joust one says it also comes with Gauntlet and Defender. When I looked at the manual, it says Gauntlet II and Defender II. Makes me wonder, why not Joust II?
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Jun 16, 2009
850 posts
757 upvotes
Totoriko wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 11:35 am
The Pac Man set is NES version. No arcade versions at all. I don't know about the other sets, please read online before buying.
Go on Youtube and read the reviews. Basically that company scammed everyone by sending arcade versions to reviewers but released NES versions on the market.
For $6, it's worth a shot as a gift to someone who won't care, but not at normal price

Just watching the video now, but as soon as I saw AtGames on the box I knew there would be something scammy with this. These are the guys who created the crappy Sega Genesis mini console that was filled with games that weren't on the Genesis.

And beware the Midway 3 in 1, it's not arcade ports either, but more NES ports. Still OK for $6 I guess.
Oct 18, 2015
122 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
For those in Lower Mainland, the Richmond BBB has the Legends Flashback, Atari Flashback vol 1 and 2. No pac-man, which is too bad because that's the one I wanted... the closest one that has stock is in Langley and I don't want it enough to drive that far.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2123 posts
1254 upvotes
anyone seen these at the Yonge st downtown store?
Apr 29, 2014
767 posts
169 upvotes
Pickering, ON
pongster wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 2:52 pm
anyone seen these at the Yonge st downtown store?
I went there today and couldn't find it
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6025 posts
4495 upvotes
North York
Went to one in Oakville and Queensway today, price is now $29.99, apparently "no longer on clearance". Not sure why clearance then no longer clearance.

They would only match online price of $15.

Called Hamilton to ask, lady was rude, something similar to there's no such department to transfer to, online only, bye.

Would like to buy 1 each of the 4 packages. If anyone bought extras and no longer want them, I would be very interested.
Jun 25, 2004
237 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
BernardRyder wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 8:14 pm
Just watching the video now, but as soon as I saw AtGames on the box I knew there would be something scammy with this. These are the guys who created the crappy Sega Genesis mini console that was filled with games that weren't on the Genesis.

And beware the Midway 3 in 1, it's not arcade ports either, but more NES ports. Still OK for $6 I guess.
I gotta agree w/John Hancock, it's horribly bad and not worth it even for $6! A complete waste of time!
This guy is pretty upset:
Apr 29, 2014
767 posts
169 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Guys,. The Whitby store has tons... I was there yesterday and there are over 50 in stock.
Dec 12, 2018
25 posts
38 upvotes
They are $6 and plentiful in stock except Ms. Pacman @ Markham BBB (H7/Birchmount where Whole Foods is) as of Feb 18.

They scan as $30 but they adjust it based on the advertised price.
Jun 25, 2004
237 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
SleepyEyez wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 8:51 am
Guys,. The Whitby store has tons... I was there yesterday and there are over 50 in stock.
Was at the Richmond Hill store today--they still have many units (no more Namco PAC-MAN/GALAGA) but noticed the ($6) price tag has been removed.
There were also a couple Atari Flashback 8 (105 games) but the boxes were really beat-up and also no price tag.
I also saw a Frogger (single game joystick unit) for $15 (don't think it's original arcade ROM)
Jun 16, 2009
850 posts
757 upvotes
They're still $6 at Brampton location.

So... Anyone know if you HAVE to buy the 2 Player gamepad for multiplayer games? I can't seem to get a second BLAST controller working, I'm thinking they run at the same frequency and the special 2 Player controller runs at a different one. Like, seriously? Buying two of these isn't good enough, you have to buy a WHOLE OTHER CONTROLLER for multiplayer fun?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6025 posts
4495 upvotes
North York
BernardRyder wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 3:14 pm
They're still $6 at Brampton location.

So... Anyone know if you HAVE to buy the 2 Player gamepad for multiplayer games? I can't seem to get a second BLAST controller working, I'm thinking they run at the same frequency and the special 2 Player controller runs at a different one. Like, seriously? Buying two of these isn't good enough, you have to buy a WHOLE OTHER CONTROLLER for multiplayer fun?
Does it scan at 29.99 and manually adjusted to $6?

Stores I went to scanned to $29.99 and they said no more clearance, even though these were still on the clearance shelves, so no adjustment
Jun 16, 2009
850 posts
757 upvotes
konsensei wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 5:56 pm
Does it scan at 29.99 and manually adjusted to $6?

Stores I went to scanned to $29.99 and they said no more clearance, even though these were still on the clearance shelves, so no adjustment
The $6 sign was still visible, but I didn't notice what it scanned in at. But I don't think the cashier did anything special to get that price.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6386 posts
2198 upvotes
Canada
Sounds like you could have gotten them free with SCOP.
Oct 18, 2015
122 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Same here for Richmond, BC location - the game scanned in at $29 and the cashier called the manager, and the manager said it's not on clearance. But then there are no $6 sign (just a sign that says games are 80% off, and a chart showing what 80% off $29.99 is). Kinda bummed cuz I was going to get one but now it's no longer worth it.