Expired Hot Deals

Bed Bath And Beyond

Breville Bambino Espresso Machine $263.99 with coupon (20%) before tax

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2021 4:28 pm
Thread Summary
Shopping for a new coffee maker? Take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best espresso machines!
55 replies
Oct 11, 2015
721 posts
273 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
wasape wrote: Normally $399.99, now $329.99.
can use 20% coupon
Rakuten has 1% CB .
Sorry but how do i get the 20% coupon?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6739 posts
5288 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: How much time does it take usually to get it?
subscribe to find out.. what's the alternative? lol
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15427 posts
10066 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Spiritualx wrote: How much time does it take usually to get it?
It's not a delivered code, BBB activates it using your email address (probably automated, same day for sure).

On the checkout page where it says "Apply Coupons", enter the email you used to subscribe to see valid coupons including the 20% off.
Sep 26, 2017
3 posts
2 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Since this doesn't have a milk steamer like the Bambino Plus, an RFD method to froth milk is microwave and a $5 mixer https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/produkt-mi ... -30301167/
lol what? It has a milk steamer of course. The bambino plus just does it automatically for you and has a 4 hole steamer. This Bambino absolutely steams milk, though has a 1 hole steamer and you have to hold the pitcher yourself. By no means does this machine require you to buy additional steaming/frothing apparatus.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15427 posts
10066 upvotes
Southern Ontario
nedsnow wrote: lol what? It has a milk steamer of course. The bambino plus just does it automatically for you and has a 4 hole steamer. This Bambino absolutely steams milk, though has a 1 hole steamer and you have to hold the pitcher yourself. By no means does this machine require you to buy additional steaming/frothing apparatus.
Oops lol, was cross posting about coffee elsewhere at the same time
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15427 posts
10066 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Good deal, to get the most out of this you'll also need a decent burr grinder (manual or electric).

Start making coffee drinks in the comfort of your home anytime that taste just as good or better, it'll pay itself if you are a Starbucks/coffee house regular.
Apr 22, 2014
687 posts
312 upvotes
Calgary, AB
AncasterRFD wrote: Good deal, to get the most out of this you'll also need a decent burr grinder (manual or electric).

Start making coffee drinks in the comfort of your home anytime that taste just as good or better, it'll pay itself if you are a Starbucks/coffee house regular.
Any recommendation on a burr grinder? I always saw those Bodum ones but also hear mixed reviews sometimes. Willing to spend up to 150 on one
Mar 27, 2016
451 posts
406 upvotes
Vancouver
ellisd wrote: Any recommendation on a burr grinder? I always saw those Bodum ones but also hear mixed reviews sometimes. Willing to spend up to 150 on one
My partner uses a Hario one. I don't know much about it but seems like Hario has some quality products
Nov 23, 2017
29 posts
23 upvotes
Thanks OP. I've been looking to get an espresso machine for some time.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15427 posts
10066 upvotes
Southern Ontario
ellisd wrote: Any recommendation on a burr grinder? I always saw those Bodum ones but also hear mixed reviews sometimes. Willing to spend up to 150 on one
A cheap burr grinder will do through the included pressurized basket if you're not picky on taste and plan to milk it down as a latte or capp anyway. But a pricier more consistent one will be needed if you get a non-pressurized basket, if you want most of the extraction through the green zone below, minimizing sour/bitter, and chasing that standard 1:2 output ratio over 25-30s, for maximum sweetness and crema because you mainly drink straight up espresso.

I'm sorta the wrong person to ask because I wouldn't go lower than a JX-Pro or JX-Max, and I plan to get an electric zero retention single doser. I do have a Baratza Encore but only use it for Aeropress or French Press.

Grinds out of my JX-Pro:

Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15427 posts
10066 upvotes
Southern Ontario
KhajitGotWares wrote: Just a FYI, I've ordered from BBB and they routinely send you open box and damaged goods that they can't sell in-store. You'll want to avoid them.

https://imgur.com/a/tACkKwu
My orders from them have been all sealed BNIB, including recently a Margaritaville, but I'd take your caution if buyers don't have a local BBB to do a return, thanks
Dec 13, 2008
470 posts
215 upvotes
This or the Barista Express?!? Been eyeing these for awhile now......
I'm just here for the deals....
Apr 22, 2014
687 posts
312 upvotes
Calgary, AB
AncasterRFD wrote: A cheap burr grinder will do through the included pressurized basket if you're not picky on taste and plan to milk it down as a latte or capp anyway. But a pricier more consistent one will be needed if you get a non-pressurized basket, if you want most of the extraction through the green zone below, minimizing sour/bitter, and chasing that standard 1:2 output ratio over 25-30s, for maximum sweetness and crema because you mainly drink straight up espresso.

I'm sorta the wrong person to ask because I wouldn't go lower than a JX-Pro or JX-Max, and I plan to get an electric zero retention single doser. I do have a Baratza Encore but only use it for Aeropress or French Press.

Grinds out of my JX-Pro:

Well that definitely was a bunch of stuff I am unaware of and not sure I would notice the difference as I'm not a coffee connoisseur BUT I did just go buy an Encore on my friends recommendation. I only use aeropress so I think it should work out fine and based on what you said in the last bit there I think you'll agree?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15427 posts
10066 upvotes
Southern Ontario
ellisd wrote: Well that definitely was a bunch of stuff I am unaware of and not sure I would notice the difference as I'm not a coffee connoisseur BUT I did just go buy an Encore on my friends recommendation. I only use aeropress so I think it should work out fine and based on what you said in the last bit there I think you'll agree?
Great combo, Baratza and Aeropress actually started out at a trade show beside each other. Immersion brewing (Aero/FP) highlights natural sweetness whereas drip brewing highlights complexity. I use my Encore set at 12 + Aeropress every morning, whereas I might drink espresso every other day. I'm not sure I'm a connoisseur as I'm not picky at all when I'm out, but I do know how to make great tasting coffee drinks at home.

You can try the Encore starting around setting 8 and see if your espresso is acceptable. And you can always trial and error coarse vs fine to understand the taste difference between watery bitter and concentrated sour. I just find my Encore does not have micro adjustments like my JX Pro when dialing in beans to slightly change the time it takes and output ratio.

To compensate for lack of consistency, use a DIY WDT tool to declump and mix, you can also try a distributor/tamper.
Apr 22, 2014
687 posts
312 upvotes
Calgary, AB
AncasterRFD wrote: Great combo, Baratza and Aeropress actually started out at a trade show beside each other. Immersion brewing (Aero/FP) highlights natural sweetness whereas drip brewing highlights complexity. I use my Encore set at 12 + Aeropress every morning, whereas I might drink espresso every other day. I'm not sure I'm a connoisseur as I'm not picky at all when I'm out, but I do know how to make great tasting coffee drinks at home.

You can try the Encore starting around setting 8 and see if your espresso is acceptable. And you can always trial and error coarse vs fine to understand the taste difference between watery bitter and concentrated sour. I just find my Encore does not have micro adjustments like my JX Pro when dialing in beans to slightly change the time it takes and output ratio.

To compensate for lack of consistency, use a DIY WDT tool to declump and mix, you can also try a distributor/tamper.
Yea I set it to 12 as well as the manual actually suggests that for aeropress. Was good but needed to use more grinds but that's my own fault for not measuring well. I was more admiring the grinds :P

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)