Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Breville Barista Express BES870XL Espresso coffee machine $611.99 @ Bed Bath & Beyond

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2021 11:37 am
[OP]
Feb 24, 2004
7 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Breville Barista Express BES870XL Espresso coffee machine $611.99 @ Bed Bath & Beyond

Breville Barista Express $719.99, get extra 15% for curbside pickup. Final price $611.99 + tax.

The 15% off offer can be found on their home page. Offer valid only on curbside and store pickup through 2/May.

Update: Deal is dead. They fixed their loophole. Coupon can't be applied any more.
Images
  • 15%off.png
Last edited by homeflyer on Apr 24th, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
65 replies
May 22, 2015
277 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If you were receiving their promo emails, there's 20% coupon which is available as well. Comes out to 575.99 + tax. They haven't allowed coupons to be allowed on online orders since Nov when I was keeping track of this. They usually only allowed it for couple of hours/days when they put it on sale. Pulled the trigger since I wasn't able to see any better deals since Nov. They didn't bring back better deals they had back in the summer
[OP]
Feb 24, 2004
7 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I am not able to use their 20% off coupon online. 15% off is the best I can get for the past few months.
May 22, 2015
277 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto, ON
homeflyer wrote: I am not able to use their 20% off coupon online. 15% off is the best I can get for the past few months.
I've been keeping an eye on this for months too, and it hasn't worked for online orders. But I just placed my order, and 20% coupon worked.

Usually they completely blocked off any promo/coupons, including curbside pickup discount, but this time it worked. Might be something on their system they haven't updated
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Aug 12, 2014
292 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP and others, got additional 20% off using the first time signup coupon. We have been eyeing this for the past 3 months - love this deal!
Images
  • 03551BF7-28FF-4C3F-82A7-1FC6DB103E19.jpeg
Sep 13, 2011
63 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
I subscribed to the email list an hour earlier and I have yet to receive a coupon. The curbside pickup discount does not seem to apply as well. So confused.
Mar 6, 2017
382 posts
259 upvotes
Simplex1234 wrote: I went to the store and made a purchase 2 days ago and received a 25% off single item paper coupon.. Very tempted to make this purchase now since it hasn't been down to the $480 price point since last May (bed-bath-and-beyond-breville-bes870xl-e ... 0-2379178/).

My coupon brings it down to $539..
it seems old pricing on lots of stuff wont be coming back... I dont know if its from covid or just our dollar but this machine is worth it at the 700 price even. I've had mine for almost two years. I just buy fresh roasted beans and I really havent been to starbucks or any coffee shop reguraly since I got this machine. This thing makes an americano or cappicuno whatever that tastes just like you're at a really nice cafe
Dec 24, 2015
86 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
If you're okay with used or refurbished then Amazon Warehouse Deals and the Breville Refurbished Ebay site are both great to get an even deeper discount.

10/10 machine though, I've had it for 4 years.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14338 posts
8203 upvotes
Southern Ontario
A few owners on Reddit said the grinder is subpar for non-pressurized, true? Don't want half the machine unused taking up counter space if I want to play with extractions.

btw, first time and very impressed with Rogue Wave, ordered a JX-Pro and it came the next day from AB to ON, with free seasoning and sample roasters.
Jul 2, 2005
399 posts
125 upvotes
Mississauga
AncasterRFD wrote: A few owners on Reddit said the grinder is subpar for non-pressurized, true? Don't want half the machine unused taking up counter space if I want to play with extractions.

btw, first time and very impressed with Rogue Wave, ordered a JX-Pro and it came the next day from AB to ON, with free seasoning and sample roasters.
The grinder is not that bad. Had mine since 2016. You will have to clean it more often though if using oily beans.
Feb 8, 2011
658 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
AncasterRFD wrote: A few owners on Reddit said the grinder is subpar for non-pressurized, true? Don't want half the machine unused taking up counter space if I want to play with extractions.

Not to be rude but they have some practicing to do, I have had the machine for a few years and it's been great. In case it's not clear, I don't use the pressurized thingy and I regularly hit my target, 36g at 25secs.

My main complaint is that the grinder is offset from the shoot that the grounds come out of so retention is pretty bad, I don't keep the hopper full I just put in what I need and then slam the lid to push out what I can, if you use a medium roast you shouldn't have to clean it any more that once every bag. I am on my third bag since my last clean and still good.
Jul 22, 2016
7 posts
Thanks OP! got 20% off coupon to work. $650.87 tax in.

Hopefully no canceled orders.
Nov 10, 2016
369 posts
186 upvotes
don't plan spending that much $$ on Friday morning....

But how to get the 20% off coupon? email subscription only gives 15%
May 18, 2018
552 posts
486 upvotes

If you're grinding fresh beans, why would you ever use a non-pressurized filter basket in the first place!? Non-pressurized is only used when you have shitty pre-ground coffee to make some fake crema show up, that's it. As someone who loves espresso I chuck those non-pressurized baskets in the garbage the moment i receive them.
Dec 12, 2018
26 posts
17 upvotes
PanchoVilla wrote: If you're grinding fresh beans, why would you ever use a non-pressurized filter basket in the first place!? Non-pressurized is only used when you have shitty pre-ground coffee to make some fake crema show up, that's it. As someone who loves espresso I chuck those non-pressurized baskets in the garbage the moment i receive them.
I think you mixed up non-pressurized and pressurized :) Pressurized is usually for preground and non-pressurized is for ground fresh (with a decent grinder).
May 18, 2018
552 posts
486 upvotes
traxic wrote: I think you mixed up non-pressurized and pressurized :)
LOL, totally did, I think I need more coffee, that rant was pointless.
Banned
Apr 22, 2021
6 posts
28 upvotes
goodhours wrote: If you were receiving their promo emails, there's 20% coupon which is available as well. Comes out to 575.99 + tax. They haven't allowed coupons to be allowed on online orders since Nov when I was keeping track of this. They usually only allowed it for couple of hours/days when they put it on sale. Pulled the trigger since I wasn't able to see any better deals since Nov. They didn't bring back better deals they had back in the summer
how do you get their 20% promo code? I tried with several emails.
Dec 9, 2014
244 posts
211 upvotes
traxic wrote: I think you mixed up non-pressurized and pressurized :) Pressurized is usually for preground and non-pressurized is for ground fresh (with a decent grinder).
I wouldn't use pre-ground coffee either way; it always seems to have an odd, backwash taste.

I'm also no espresso expert, but my understanding is that you'd use a pressurized filter for coarse grinds (because the puck isn't packed tightly and can't hold a high pressure), whereas you'd use an open filter for fine grinds (because the puck is packed tightly and will hold a high pressure).
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14338 posts
8203 upvotes
Southern Ontario
PanchoVilla wrote: LOL, totally did, I think I need more coffee, that rant was pointless.
I've seen your posts before and respect. You had my head in a boomerang for a minute there lol