Bed Bath And Beyond

Breville® The Barista Express™ BES870XL Espresso Machine $576

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2021 12:04 am
[OP]
Jan 12, 2017
334 posts
679 upvotes

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Breville® The Barista Express™ BES870XL Espresso Machine $576

listing price $719.99
can apply 20% off coupon to get $576 (although showing "Excluded from coupons" on the product page)

Order Summary
1 Item(s) in Cart
Details
Order Subtotal
$899.99

Sale Discount
-$180.00

Coupon(s) Discount
-$144.00

Net Order Subtotal
$575.99

ShippingDetails
FREE

Pre-Tax Total
$575.99
Last edited by redondo2017 on Aug 2nd, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Upgrading your coffee maker? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best espresso machines!
32 replies
Dec 4, 2017
341 posts
417 upvotes
Whitby
Received their flyer last week with 20% off too. Don't have it anymore but I guess it could be applied here too.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1405 posts
981 upvotes
Mississauga
Excluded from coupons now
PM $13/30 days, 250MB with unlimited incoming/30d
Jan 28, 2013
777 posts
1092 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
gardener28 wrote: Excluded from coupons now
Still working, the warning didn't stop it from applying.
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Mar 25, 2010
936 posts
155 upvotes
GTA
Is this price goes higher now? I remember is was like 480ish?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1405 posts
981 upvotes
Mississauga
codier wrote: Is this price goes higher now? I remember is was like 480ish?
True, retail and sales price went higher recently
From
699 (retail) => 599 (sale) => 480 (After coupon)
to
899 (retail) => 719 (sale) => 576 (After coupon)
PM $13/30 days, 250MB with unlimited incoming/30d
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2924 posts
2845 upvotes
The steam wand stopped working on mine. Seems like it's still trying to build pressure but barely anything comes out of the wand (just a bit of water). Has anyone experience this before? Mine has also been making a loud buzzing noise during the main brew process
Nov 25, 2010
73 posts
46 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Been looking for a reasonable place to get mine repaired as well, anyone have suggestions ?
Jan 22, 2015
533 posts
681 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: The steam wand stopped working on mine. Seems like it's still trying to build pressure but barely anything comes out of the wand (just a bit of water). Has anyone experience this before? Mine has also been making a loud buzzing noise during the main brew process
Have you tried turning off and on again?
Going with the obvious have you done the proper cleaning maintenance, is the wand block use a pin to clear it?

Buzzing , had to that issue when grinds where too fine. Do you get the amount of espresso expected?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1698 posts
497 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: The steam wand stopped working on mine. Seems like it's still trying to build pressure but barely anything comes out of the wand (just a bit of water). Has anyone experience this before? Mine has also been making a loud buzzing noise during the main brew process
I bring the machine to repair about once a year because of that wand. Sometimes too much water comes out or nothing. It's a common problem with this model. A solenoid issue. These breville are not built to last long or repair. They just replace the entire broiler at the shop.
I'm looking to sell mine while it's working but a decent italian machine with metal parts and pid, e61 will cost at least triple the price.
[OP]
Jan 12, 2017
334 posts
679 upvotes
FredB63889 wrote: This deal dont work anymore or it's me?
seems dead as it shows "Items in your cart are excluded from coupons".
Jan 15, 2007
505 posts
71 upvotes
Re: buzzing. Look it up on youtube. I repaired that issue by using youtube … it needed a new solenoid. I’m not that handy but I fixed it.
Jan 15, 2007
505 posts
71 upvotes
lol_face3 wrote: Been looking for a reasonable place to get mine repaired as well, anyone have suggestions ?
Whats the issue? Its a pretty easy machine to diy repair
Jul 5, 2010
85 posts
85 upvotes
Hot deal! Had this machine for 2 years now and love it!
Mar 21, 2011
685 posts
848 upvotes
Ok you need to clean the steam nozzle with an unfolded paperclip. So take off the steam tip with the supplied tool that's also used for cleaning the nozzle and has a wire. Make sure you have cleaned from both sides and run the unfolded paperclip all the way through. I didn't encounter this issue on the previous machine (this is my second) but it does happen on the newer one. Plus do you use the cleaning tab once a week. Let the tip soak in the tab solution a bit as well wipe well with a wet cloth after. I also descale every 6 months. If your shots are going through without issue that means the boiler is working. I learnt about this after taking the machine to the local repair shop.
Sep 15, 2015
939 posts
819 upvotes
Mooooonnn
That’s solenoid valve issue. Try descale heavily with double the dose (or do it twice) of citric acid and leave it there for a long period of time (1hr to overnight). It may resolve or reduce the issue. If no then need replacement. If you handy, you can buy one and replace yourself check online YouTube.

Also many of the small issue on this machine can be resolved by descale: I talked to some espresso technician, they suggest doing a descale every 250L of water (so approximately 12-15 tank) depends on your usage for normal water hardness
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1733 posts
1098 upvotes
Quebec
Skirby01 wrote: Whats the issue? Its a pretty easy machine to diy repair
It may not be that easy, as it seems to be quite hard to find replacement parts from what I heard.
Jan 15, 2007
505 posts
71 upvotes
Balzard wrote: It may not be that easy, as it seems to be quite hard to find replacement parts from what I heard.
Depends what it is I guess. I had no issue with parts.
Dec 13, 2020
103 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Guys, if I were to purchase a distributor tool for this espresso machine, I'd have to go with 53MM right? 58MM won't work?