Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Breville Barista Express with stackable $599.99 - 20% coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2020 12:03 pm
Jul 7, 2007
116 posts
54 upvotes
I've posted this a while back in a different Barista Express Thread.

This is a great machine especially for the price.
It continuously wins 'best of list's' is great to learn on and makes fantastic drinks.

There's pre infusion, you can alter the temperature by a couple degrees, you can pre program volume amounts (for grinds and output), you get 2 pressurized baskets (forgiving with grind/tamp/quantity) and 2 pressurized baskets (for when you want to get better extraction) there's a hot water spout and there's a traditional steam wand.

The steam wand is slow, as a result it's alot more forgiving when texturing milk (So it may take a little longer, but you have more control)

The biggest complaint people have is the grinder, however, I've found that the grinder is extremely adequate. For the price range, it's a great machine.

Fyi

I use Urnex Dezcal powder to descale every 2 months (DO NOT USE VINEGAR, as i've read it destroys the 3 way solenoid valve) and Urnex Cafiza tablets to backflush every 2-3 weeks (the backflush stopper no longer has a hole, so it backflushes the water into the drip tray from the back) in order to maintain the machine. (Both can be found on Amazon)
--> The Clean Me Light has never come on.

Also, for a double shot, It's just shy of 2 (non heaping) scoops of beans; I mention this for users who want to change out beans (ie. decaf vs reg). this way you don't have to clean out the hopper when you want to change beans; you can just scoop the beans you want.

I've had my machine for almost a full year now.
May 4, 2020
72 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
McAngus wrote: Is the coupon not stackable anymore? When I load the deal page, it says that the discount has already been applied, which brings the price to $599.99. And it says no more coupons can be applied.

I have never signed up with BBB so it wouldn’t be an issue for that reason. When I typed this post, the above post wasn’t there, even though it says it posted 40 minutes earlier...

77F60E54-DEE6-4C4E-89B8-B11373D3BC5F.png
Ahh looks like u guys got unlucky. So when I chatted with them on Tuesday (the day before they told me they got 1800 shipment) asking when they will get stock and the person told me I can order via calling them so I asked about the 20% coupon and how it would work because if I were to call in and order, I want to use the 20% coupon as well. She told me that the 20% coupon doesnt apply to Breville products. So I just ignored. But when someone on this thread told me they re-stocked, I tried it with the coupon and it worked (Wednesday) So, I think they found out about the coupon thing and fixed it because the person I was chatting with said its not applicable for Breville products. So, I think we got super lucky cuz the system made a mistake but they have to honour the deal.
Apr 24, 2018
27 posts
28 upvotes
rolcopster wrote: Ahh looks like u guys got unlucky. So when I chatted, the other day (the day before they told me they got 1800 shipment) asking when they will get stock, they told me the 20% coupon shouldn't work. So i just ignored. But when someone on this thread told me they re-stocked, I tried it with the coupon and it worked. So, I think they found out about the coupon thing and fixed it because the person I was chatting with said its not applicable for Breville products.
Lol maybe you shouldn't have mentioned abt the coupon thing Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy I guess the coupon will not work on other sale stuff in the future anymore
May 4, 2020
72 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
AibaBlast wrote: Lol maybe you shouldn't have mentioned abt the coupon thing Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy I guess the coupon will not work on other sale stuff in the future anymore
I mean.. they wanted me to place a verbal order but I was NOT placing an order without the 20% discount. Even if I didnt say anything, I think they would notice eventually thru the orders cuz they need to fulfill them LOL. From my point of view. sorry xD
Apr 24, 2018
27 posts
28 upvotes
rolcopster wrote: I mean.. they wanted me to place a verbal order but I was NOT placing an order without the 20% discount. Even if I didnt say anything, I think they would notice eventually thru the orders cuz they need to fulfill them LOL. From my point of view. sorry xD
No worries I got it two weeks ago Ok Hand Sign guess I am keeping it now Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes been fun to follow this kind of deal
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3499 posts
960 upvotes
rolcopster wrote: So, I think they found out about the coupon thing and fixed it because the person I was chatting with said its not applicable for Breville products. So, I think we got super lucky cuz the system made a mistake but they have to honour the deal.
It's worked on this product forever, despite Breville being exempt. I guess they finally decided to shut it down!

I was on the fence, but glad I purchased because I wouldn't have for $599.
May 4, 2020
72 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
hvc wrote: It's worked on this product forever, despite Breville being exempt. I guess they finally decided to shut it down!

Yea! I was just thinking earlier to myself, what IF there was black friday price which is usually $499 and possibly u can apply the 20% coupon. OMG :O
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11118 posts
1249 upvotes
hvc wrote: It's worked on this product forever, despite Breville being exempt. I guess they finally decided to shut it down!

The fine print on the coupon says "breville Oracle" is excluded. Even the newest coupon I have still says only breville Oracle is excluded, however I tried it also and it does not work on this product anymore (as others here already told us).
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3015 posts
2803 upvotes
Alberta
I wonder if the 20% still works on the breville smart oven air. I got mine last week and considered myself lucky.
Dec 10, 2006
724 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone changes their mind on their purchase, please let me know! I'm bummed to have missed out on this...
Feb 24, 2012
201 posts
51 upvotes
TORONTO
slowtyper wrote: The fine print on the coupon says "breville Oracle" is excluded. Even the newest coupon I have still says only breville Oracle is excluded, however I tried it also and it does not work on this product anymore (as others here already told us).
I noticed that too when I was ordering mine with hesitation (now I am happy I didn’t wait longer), but had I not bought it, I would have definitely called them and ask to honour it as the coupon very clearly excludes only Breville Oracle. In fact, I just checked Oracle to see why only this model is excluded and obviously its price explained all of it. Upside-down Face
Feb 24, 2012
201 posts
51 upvotes
TORONTO
Is there anyone here who has experience with Delonghi Magnifica XS? How does it compare with Barista Express? The two machines are almost the same price in the US, but Magnefica is sold for ~1200 bucks here in Canada. why???

I have found a refurb Magnefica for ~600 and am wondering if I must jump on it or stick with my new BES870XL. Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6372 posts
1505 upvotes
For those that managed to get one, this coffee beans that's on sale seems to have some pretty good reviews - costco-lavazza-whole-coffee-bean-costco ... 9-2373806/

Some comments specifically around this machine and the Lavazza beans:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Coffee/comment ... d_suck_at/
https://www.acanadianfoodie.com/2016/11 ... ress-tips/

I bought a bag yesterday from Costco to try. Don't flame me if this is a bad bean to use on the machine :) I am newbie in this and will be receiving the machine hopefully today.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

DaSnipe