Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] DEAD simplehuman Rectangular Dual Bucket Trash Can 166.40$ [Historic Low]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2019 10:31 pm
[OP]
Dec 25, 2017
207 posts
422 upvotes

[Bed Bath And Beyond] DEAD simplehuman Rectangular Dual Bucket Trash Can 166.40$ [Historic Low]

A good garbage can, though a tad pricey.
BBB price matched the previous Amazon offer, which, can be paired with a 20% discount.
total: 166.40$

or 208 from amazon. https://www.amazon.ca/simplehuman-Recta ... B00VXULPTQ
Last edited by nUseBro on Feb 8th, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 10 times in total.
90 replies
Jul 30, 2011
325 posts
210 upvotes
Durham region
You pay too much for garbage cans.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1192 posts
1266 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
incongruent wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:21 am
to each his own
Mar 28, 2011
512 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
BigJonsson wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:13 am
Says 113.99

Still seems pricey?
Op fixed his typo
I wish it was $113.99, that’s a good deal for a clean looking garbage storage
[OP]
Dec 25, 2017
207 posts
422 upvotes
incongruent wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:21 am
the way i see it, i wouldnt mind working the amount of hours to pay for it. Additional to that, I see every piece as being part of the aesthetic. So if one thing is off itll ruin the other 5k worth of stuff in the room. In that sense, I'd honestly be willing to pay 300-400 for a perfect trash can. In life, I'm willing to pay to avoid multiple small inconveniences, which, compacted, amount to a big difference. Others feel the same, as you can infer by the great ratings it gets.
Jul 6, 2018
226 posts
317 upvotes
I have a plastic grocery hanging off a kitchen cabinet. No issues so far.
Aug 24, 2015
82 posts
361 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Only on RFD will you find a "hot deal" on a $200+ garbage can Face With Tears Of Joy. This forum gives me life. At this price, I would expect the garbage can to take itself outside to the curb on garbage day
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3203 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
BoredAtWork wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:23 am
Op fixed his typo
I wish it was $113.99, that’s a good deal for a clean looking garbage storage
What an oxymoron
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2664 posts
1911 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
nUseBro wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:37 am

the way i see it, i wouldnt mind working the amount of hours to pay for it. Additional to that, I see every piece as being part of the aesthetic. So if one thing is off itll ruin the other 5k worth of stuff in the room. In that sense, I'd honestly be willing to pay 300-400 for a perfect trash can. In life, I'm willing to pay to avoid multiple small inconveniences, which, compacted, amount to a big difference. Others feel the same, as you can infer by the great ratings it gets.
Fool and his money, buddy.

Anyway, if you care so much about aesthetics, you really should read Kant's Critique of Judgement, the cornerstone of modern aesthetic thought. One of the two things that he claims about aesthetics is that one must be disinterested in the aesthetic object, not seeking some satisfaction of desire. This aestheticization of everything is really a bastardization and subsumption of aesthetics under late capitalism. Very banal, not a unique vision of anything.

Here's the sparknotes version: https://www.sparknotes.com/philosophy/kant/section3/
Sep 8, 2014
416 posts
1056 upvotes
I own a simple human premium garbage can. I absolutely love it. 10 YEAR WARRANTY. I was sick of the pedal mechanism failing on previous cans. The simple human mechanism is extremely sturdy. I have no doubt it will last a minimum of 10 years. In that time, 2 or 3 cheap cans would be going to the landfill. 10yrs ago, I would never have paid over $100 for a trash can but I'm glad I did.
Well thought out design. There are 2 lids. 1 for trash, a second lid just to hold the bag in place. Using simple human custom fit bags is not necessary.

I have this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/simplehuman-CW203 ... 6669943144
I bought it with a bedbathbeyond 20% coupon because they never go on sale.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1192 posts
1266 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 1:20 am
Fool and his money, buddy.

Anyway, if you care so much about aesthetics, you really should read Kant's Critique of Judgement, the cornerstone of modern aesthetic thought. One of the two things that he claims about aesthetics is that one must be disinterested in the aesthetic object, not seeking some satisfaction of desire. This aestheticization of everything is really a bastardization and subsumption of aesthetics under late capitalism. Very banal, not a unique vision of anything.

Here's the sparknotes version: https://www.sparknotes.com/philosophy/kant/section3/
Dec 24, 2017
286 posts
451 upvotes
lel
OK, well you will at least have a place to throw your RFD membership.

If we are being punks and suggesting readings, I suggest Pierre Bourdieu 's "on taste"
Koodo $60 10gb/unlimited plan - Tab eligible
Good toilet paper deals

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)