Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] DEAD simplehuman Rectangular Dual Bucket Trash Can 166.40$ [Historic Low]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2019 10:31 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
2900 posts
460 upvotes
While playing $200 for a trashcan still is outrageous but if it lasts 10 years and i don't need to purchase another trashcan for 10 years it maybe worth it (verdict still out). I'm willing to pay the $$ to get the eye candy, longevity or solve a simple annoying problem in some aspects of life

A good well designed product is sometimes worth the cost that one may not understand until owning it themselves, then wonder how they lived without it.

I'm your average middle class RFD'ER looking out for deals and whatnot, bought a robot vacuum for the simple convince. Some loved it and bought themselves others said it was a wasteful purchase and I'm lazy.

Some will pay $200 for a quantity trashcan while others will shame them for the wasteful purchase.

To each their own
Live and let live

Enjoy the deal for those that purchase it.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
1799 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
I am the typical 100k RFDer (actually closer to 170k with bonuses).
No way on god's green earth would I pay $100 for a garbage can.

It has limited design value and will likely go out of style in 3-5 years.
So even if it will last ten years its actual 'value' is really only 5 years.
IMO this is a poor value proposition.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Nov 5, 2005
333 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
Great deal, been hunting down this for a little while and snagged one this morning at Yonge and College.

Saw 3 others reserved for pickup when I checked out.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
2900 posts
460 upvotes
@joo
It's not about salary, you think it's a wasteful purchase but OP doesn't, it's that simple.

The ones that thought i was lazy for getting a robot vacuum earn double my salary (it probably won't last even 5 years, cost more and it only picks up garage). These same people think using Amazon prime is a bad thing and makes you lazy, but from my perspective it makes my life easier and much more convenient/comfortable.

Why give OP a hard time for sharing a deal? Even if it's for an expensive trashcan.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1753 posts
587 upvotes
Toronto
It always amuses me when people don't get a deal or they sh*t on one because they wouldn't buy it. There is a market for a lot of things, garbage cans being one of them.
That's like saying a BMW isn't worth it because you can get a Honda that will do almost the same thing. Well, a Honda isn't a BMW.
This seems to be a good deal for those who prefer this type of garbage system.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
3253 posts
728 upvotes
It's not just a garbage can. It's a vessel for my trash and shit before it goes into the landfill to be with mother earth once more.
Jun 28, 2012
91 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
How did you get bbb to price match and 20%coupon?
Jun 18, 2006
69 posts
36 upvotes
Burnaby
I tought it would at least come with sensor and battery powered lid. Too primitive.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
1799 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
JonSnow wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:47 pm
@joo
It's not about salary, you think it's a wasteful purchase but OP doesn't, it's that simple.

The ones that thought i was lazy for getting a robot vacuum earn double my salary (it probably won't last even 5 years, cost more and it only picks up garage). These same people think using Amazon prime is a bad thing and makes you lazy, but from my perspective it makes my life easier and much more convenient/comfortable.

Why give OP a hard time for sharing a deal? Even if it's for an expensive trashcan.
Agree with you - this is about perceived value of the deal which is what these threads should be about.
I have not voted this thread up or down, merely stated my opinion on whether I think it’s a good deal (and why).
If this were some unique, amazing piece of architecture I might be inclined to place greater value on it.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2661 posts
1909 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Guys, maybe stop jumping on your garbage cans. I've spent $20 on garbage cans in the last five years because I only bought one and didn't think to use the pedal as a trampoline. Anyway, higher price doesn't automatically mean better quality or even close to that. Everyone wants to fill their house with only BiFL items, but the retailers and manufacturers know their customers will fork out a lot more for that BiFL brand. Anyway, sorry for disturbing your safe space. Here's a nice video about our distrust of cheap things:
Sep 7, 2014
526 posts
570 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Came in for a SimpleHuman garbage can deal, left with a minor in idealism philosophy.

I hope this site never changes lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2166 posts
2102 upvotes
Montreal
nUseBro wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:37 am
(...) I see every piece as being part of the aesthetic. So if one thing is off it'll ruin the other 5k worth of stuff in the room. In that sense, I'd honestly be willing to pay 300-400 for a perfect trash can. In life, I'm willing to pay to avoid multiple small inconveniences, which, compacted, amount to a big difference. (...)
nUseBro wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:09 am
A good garbage can, though a tad pricey. (...)

Yes, indubitably, a "tad" pricey. What color is the sky in YOUR world?
Mar 28, 2011
512 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
BoredAtWork wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:23 am

Op fixed his typo
I wish it was $113.99, that’s a good deal for a clean looking garbage storage
flame02 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 1:07 am
What an oxymoron
I think $113 is a good deal for this, not sure what the contradiction in my sentence was....that it’s a good deal for a garage can of this type?

Obviously a dollarama basket with grocery bags works too which I have in the basement but in the kitchen where I spent money to make everything look nice, this would compliment it...in fact I was thinking of the Joseph Joseph intelligentWate totem but $300 was not good value for the size in my kitchen, that’s more for a lux condo suite

One could also live in a shack that provides shelter....or drive a beater

I think it’s already been said enough in this thread, different value for different folks, no matter the income, all perceived value

Ex. People with low-avg income drop $1k on Canada Goose when something $100-300 does the same thing

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)