Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] DEAD simplehuman Rectangular Dual Bucket Trash Can 166.40$ [Historic Low]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2019 10:31 pm
Dec 10, 2006
223 posts
103 upvotes
I have this lol, bought it regular price though =/.

I had a grocery bag hanging off a cabinet for 3 years and a blue recycling bag hanging off a door hook for 3 years. Finally decided that I was sick of the messy look and went for this cause it hides both garbage and recycling. Also, takes me like a week to fill the garbage bag in this thing...

Looks great in my condo.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2471 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
Have this or a similar one for the past 7 years. Worth it. No issues. Still looks good, functions perfectly. We have even have had people compliment it...
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1318 posts
136 upvotes
Lévis
puglife644 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 1:02 am
Only on RFD will you find a "hot deal" on a $200+ garbage can Face With Tears Of Joy. This forum gives me life. At this price, I would expect the garbage can to take itself outside to the curb on garbage day
Some of us are not students anymore... But yeah it's pricey but peoples do whatever they want with their money as long as it's legal and moral.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3277 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
BoredAtWork wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 3:02 pm
I think $113 is a good deal for this, not sure what the contradiction in my sentence was....
You said clean looking garbage can, the oxymoron is calling it clean because garbage is never clean lol
Jul 27, 2018
27 posts
One thing that is underrated: mine is going on 10years, matches perfectly my kitchen appliances.
My mom changes trash cans like every 3 years.
Guess what I'm saying, you get good return if you take care of your stuff.
Feb 2, 2017
264 posts
317 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 1:20 am
Fool and his money, buddy.

Anyway, if you care so much about aesthetics, you really should read Kant's Critique of Judgement, the cornerstone of modern aesthetic thought. One of the two things that he claims about aesthetics is that one must be disinterested in the aesthetic object, not seeking some satisfaction of desire. This aestheticization of everything is really a bastardization and subsumption of aesthetics under late capitalism. Very banal, not a unique vision of anything.

Here's the sparknotes version: https://www.sparknotes.com/philosophy/kant/section3/
This is some high quality r/iamverysmart

If you need to seek validation on liking something, you're doing it wrong. I like this garbage can and I can afford it are the only things that should go through anyone's mind.
Apr 2, 2008
424 posts
96 upvotes
Sean1337 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 3:11 pm
I have this lol, bought it regular price though =/.

I had a grocery bag hanging off a cabinet for 3 years and a blue recycling bag hanging off a door hook for 3 years. Finally decided that I was sick of the messy look and went for this cause it hides both garbage and recycling. Also, takes me like a week to fill the garbage bag in this thing...

Looks great in my condo.
You could save yourself $$ if you hang your grocery bag inside the cabinet door, not outside. I have a trash can (from costco) for "clean" garbage (dry stuffs, no smell like noodle bag, fruit tray...) that I hide next to the island; a grocery bag hanging on cabinet door under the sink for wet, smelly things that I take out when it is full; an organic bin hanging inside another cabinet door under the sink; a box for recycle things hiding inside the same cabinet under the sink. Everything was hidden in the kitchen, so it looks very clean and organized.

I am waiting to spend $2K on this garbage bin: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/zera-food-recycler#/ but the project was delayed for 2 years now.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Mar 28, 2011
579 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
flame02 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 3:56 pm
You said clean looking garbage can, the oxymoron is calling it clean because garbage is never clean lol
LOL ok aesthetically looking garbage can then

You’re right even my current nice looking can is a bit dirty on the edges
Last edited by BoredAtWork on Jan 5th, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1264 posts
1540 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ChippewaBarr wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 1:46 pm
Came in for a SimpleHuman garbage can deal, left with a minor in idealism philosophy.
lol +1
[OP]
Dec 25, 2017
221 posts
447 upvotes
warpdrive wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 9:06 am
This thread is a good example of why RFD sucks sometimes. If you don't like the product, just move on. All of this noise when it's a simple garbage can. Nuff said.
This isn't an rfd issue, the tone of the thread was immediately **** up by myself when i put the wrong info and got 3 downvotes. These 3 downvotes are the main and most important difference between the +12 i expected and the +1 I got. Essentially, it's the same issue as reddit wherein people don't think for themselves and vote based on previous voting. I am EXTREMELY surprised that the vote flipped from -9 to +1. This is honestly proof that RFD did a REALLY good job at discussing the product. I've never, not a singular time, seen a thread go from -9 to anything positive on reddit.

I knew the product was a tad pricey with or without the BBB signup coupon. I actually havent bought my own yet, I'm still undecided as it would require me to throw away my previous can or move it to another room. I'm glad this is a community which has people argue about the benign. This is essentially the 4chan of shopping imo.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2017
221 posts
447 upvotes
burrows wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 1:03 pm
How did you get bbb to price match and 20%coupon?
price match is innate (they changed the price to reflect Amazon), coupon is their sign up promo
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3226 posts
766 upvotes
Oshawa
It's a friggin garbage can for garbage!

Mind as well get a bottle of Chloe and spray your garbage to make sure it smells good too!

Ridiculous!
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Jun 2, 2007
164 posts
88 upvotes
Markham
So many people are salty about other people who want to spend THEIR OWN MONEY on whatever the heck they deem a good deal lol
Don't forget to like and subscribe!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1264 posts
1540 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
SimpleHuman makes excellent products. Durable. Attractive. Intuitive.
But imo the best reason to spend a little more for a quality product like this is to spite the salty people who for whatever reason are not cool with how other people choose to spend their own money.
Mar 28, 2011
579 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
psyh wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 10:06 pm
So many people are salty about other people who want to spend THEIR OWN MONEY on whatever the heck they deem a good deal lol
coolwasabi wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 10:09 pm
SimpleHuman makes excellent products. Durable. Attractive. Intuitive.
But imo the best reason to spend a little more for a quality product like this is to spite the salty people who for whatever reason are not cool with how other people choose to spend their own money.
I don’t think others are salty, they have the money to buy it too but just don’t see value in it...

I get it, like people who pay for art pieces which I won’t because I don’t see value in it for me but to them it’s worth it...I’m sure we all do that for certain items, pay more for a brand/type than others

Again like most said to each their own, along with their opinions/comments on the deal.

I had the $100 simple human dish rack with 5 year warranty and recently asked them if I could buy the metal bracket because it was rusting and they just shipped me a brand new unit which is overkill but I guess I got what I paid for. Any other brand/disposable one that matched my kitchen would have been junked since I don’t want a rusty one...

Currently it’s a -30 and +34 vote split

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)