Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] DEAD simplehuman Rectangular Dual Bucket Trash Can 166.40$ [Historic Low]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2019 10:31 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
2904 posts
469 upvotes
Genuinely surprised this thread is now positive up votes.

We got more people willing to throw $$ in the trash. BAZINGA!!! Get it? Yes i know terrible joke.
Aug 12, 2011
279 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Holding out till one day they figure out how to build a garbage disintegration unit instead of temporary storage. I guess if anyone's gonna do it, they'd probably have the knowhow in the future
Jan 19, 2008
748 posts
160 upvotes
Pierrefonds
I never thought I'd see the day a $200 trash can would have positive votes in hot deals. What a world Thinking Face
Dec 18, 2016
3 posts
10 upvotes
I honestly want to just send a thank you to the op.

I just bought this trash can and it is by far the best investment I have made in many years.

I have been scoping highly functional yet durable trash can for many months.

I have now been reaffirmed on my decision as I just found out from this thread that simplehuman has amazing customer service.

This trash can is guaranteed for 10 years. I hope that their great customer service team will take care of me for a really long time.

It compliments the interior of the house as a trash can. There is a storage space within the trash can to store replacement garbage bags.

The long step bar to lift the cover also feels like stepping on soft butter. The no fingerprint stainless steel really makes maintaining the look hassle-free.

I think at $167 bucks (anyone can get the 20% discount coupon after email sign up), the price is more than justifiable.

But before any of this... to each their own... come on! so much unnecessary negativity on this thread.
Sep 13, 2015
532 posts
391 upvotes
Alberta
I stumbled across simplehuman when searching for a vanity mirror for my wife for Christmas. The simplehuman sensor mirror is arguably the best and the reviews for the product and brand were overwhelmingly good. I purchased the mirror, and then checked out the rest of their product line. I was very impressed with the look and refinement of all their designs and purchase the sensor trash can with voice control and the shower caddy xl. Got a 20% discount on all 3 during black friday. My wife and I love each of the purchases and will be looking to add more simplehuman products to our home.
Nov 29, 2013
169 posts
177 upvotes
TORONTO
Dark_fantom wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 3:47 am
I never thought I'd see the day a $200 trash can would have positive votes in hot deals. What a world Thinking Face
I'll do my part and give this the down vote it deserves. Too rich for my taste and complete overkill for a garbage can. Most simple humans won't buy this garbage lol.
Mar 1, 2017
198 posts
40 upvotes
I own this can and paid much more. It was worth the price. My last simple human garbage can lasted more than 10 years - until i got the dual rectangular can and gave the round one to a friend.
May 4, 2012
189 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Exiting lurker retirement to comment on this thread. WTF is going on with RFD? People using philosophy to convince people they're over spending on their garbage bin? Not a good deal? thumb down and move on.
Apr 6, 2011
521 posts
160 upvotes
i dont understand what people are doing that they have to replace their bins so frequently. I bought a under the sink can from winners for 15.99 been going strong for 3 years... still shines and holds trash in place.. peddles not broken.. are people too angry in life and just slamming there trash bins?

op i wont downvote as its a good deal to some.. but as others have said it will be viewed as a ridiculous price by most on rfd... imho
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1512 posts
894 upvotes
Chewfam wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 6:42 am
Regardless how good this garbage can is you emphasize on "WARM" in your title. This is the hot deals section.

Just flexin' right?
Wow this thread bounced back around.
My post still stands. Only on RFD does the OP call his thread WARM and people still vote it as hot. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Dec 25, 2017
207 posts
422 upvotes
Chewfam wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:31 am
Wow this thread bounced back around.
My post still stands. Only on RFD does the OP call his thread WARM and people still vote it as hot. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
It's a warm deal, yes. But it's a rare deal, which is why it's getting attention.
Jan 1, 2016
94 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You guys, tell me you haven't wasted $200 over the years (or month) on something completely useless or used once only while browsing RFD. As worthless as this trash of a can is , at least this is something that can be used daily.
Sep 28, 2010
69 posts
16 upvotes
I've owned this trash can for 1.5 years, good investment.

My question to other owners, what are you doing about the garbage bags? Buying into their liner bags can be pretty pricey, since they're marked up quite a bit over something you can get at costco. Has anyone found a good alternative bag to buy instead?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
4506 posts
4707 upvotes
TheSaurus wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 11:50 pm
Exiting lurker retirement to comment on this thread. WTF is going on with RFD? People using philosophy to convince people they're over spending on their garbage bin? Not a good deal? thumb down and move on.
It's sad to see, thank you.

I'm confident there's some knock-off product for $30 on AliExpress, and even that's a little rich for a garbage tin.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)