Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] DEAD simplehuman Rectangular Dual Bucket Trash Can 166.40$ [Historic Low]

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2019 10:31 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 3, 2005
1233 posts
65 upvotes
Markham
Was looking for a new trash can but $166 is a too steep for me. Looking at around $100 max. I've seen some similar simple human trash cans at homesense / winners that may fit the bill.
Member
Oct 24, 2010
253 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
korre wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 6:35 am
I've owned this trash can for 1.5 years, good investment.

My question to other owners, what are you doing about the garbage bags? Buying into their liner bags can be pretty pricey, since they're marked up quite a bit over something you can get at costco. Has anyone found a good alternative bag to buy instead?
i just bought the bags with the trash can. i would like to know as well.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 17, 2006
1470 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
korre wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 6:35 am
I've owned this trash can for 1.5 years, good investment.

My question to other owners, what are you doing about the garbage bags? Buying into their liner bags can be pretty pricey, since they're marked up quite a bit over something you can get at costco. Has anyone found a good alternative bag to buy instead?
I have the round simplehuman one and I use costco bags in it, not a perfect fit but it more than does the job I need it to
I take pictures of stuff ; flickr
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1378 posts
1386 upvotes
Halifax
korre wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 6:35 am
I've owned this trash can for 1.5 years, good investment.

My question to other owners, what are you doing about the garbage bags? Buying into their liner bags can be pretty pricey, since they're marked up quite a bit over something you can get at costco. Has anyone found a good alternative bag to buy instead?
I guess anyone can buy a $200 trash can but only a few can own them. :)
Newbie
Jan 6, 2008
29 posts
16 upvotes
BoredAtWork wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:36 pm
I don’t think others are salty, they have the money to buy it too but just don’t see value in it...

I get it, like people who pay for art pieces which I won’t because I don’t see value in it for me but to them it’s worth it...I’m sure we all do that for certain items, pay more for a brand/type than others

Again like most said to each their own, along with their opinions/comments on the deal.

I had the $100 simple human dish rack with 5 year warranty and recently asked them if I could buy the metal bracket because it was rusting and they just shipped me a brand new unit which is overkill but I guess I got what I paid for. Any other brand/disposable one that matched my kitchen would have been junked since I don’t want a rusty one...



Currently it’s a -30 and +34 vote split
Had the same experience with SimpleHuman warranty. They sent us a new dishrack (worth $100+) after we asked for replacement on the metal that rusted after maybe 8 years and they don't carry the model anymore. We had also asked for replacements for metal shelving and they sent us it to us. So the warranty does hold up quite well.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24328 posts
4617 upvotes
warpdrive wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 9:06 am
This thread is a good example of why RFD sucks sometimes. If you don't like the product, just move on. All of this noise when it's a simple garbage can. Nuff said.
Nah it just points out the fact that RFD censors certain posts as it sees fit. I remember one time I made a comment on how moronic a $300 (or whatever) doorbell was and my post got deleted and I got "awarded" warning points by lame mods. Meanwhile you have stuff like this and people are free to say whatever about it, and goes unnoticed.

I guess I should just shutup and say what a good deal this is but maybe RFD ain't getting a kickback from the trashcan maker like they must from a certain doorbell company :lol:
Sr. Member
Mar 26, 2012
804 posts
404 upvotes
zipsync wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:46 am
Had the same experience with SimpleHuman warranty. They sent us a new dishrack (worth $100+) after we asked for replacement on the metal that rusted after maybe 8 years and they don't carry the model anymore. We had also asked for replacements for metal shelving and they sent us it to us. So the warranty does hold up quite well.
How did you claim the warranty if you don't have the receipt anymore? I doubt anyone keeps receipts for 8 years.
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 4Ghz/AMD RX570 STRIX OC 4GB/10GB 1066Mhz DDR3/Asus P6TD Deluxe
Koodo Mobile $48 10GB EPP Plan
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
2841 posts
2208 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
ES_Revenge wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:30 pm
Nah it just points out the fact that RFD censors certain posts as it sees fit. I remember one time I made a comment on how moronic a $300 (or whatever) doorbell was and my post got deleted and I got "awarded" warning points by lame mods. Meanwhile you have stuff like this and people are free to say whatever about it, and goes unnoticed.

I guess I should just shutup and say what a good deal this is but maybe RFD ain't getting a kickback from the trashcan maker like they must from a certain doorbell company :lol:
Yep. I've had that same experience on a thread about $800 duffel bag.

Anyway, the reason I brought up Kant and Aesthetic theory was to deflate the highminded justifications that people might use to defend this kind of ridiculous purchase, with a garbage can becoming necessary because it fits into one's home aesthetic or whatever. Pick up a book on aesthetics instead. I can send pdfs of a good introduction to aesthetics, if anyone wants.

I see similar justifications for a lot of so-called BiFL items, as if having this one more commodity will fix an important problem in your life. It's better to invest in yourself and your ability to distinguish between wants and needs--that's an important part of growing up.
Newbie
Jun 27, 2010
48 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:49 pm
Yep. I've had that same experience on a thread about $800 duffel bag.

Anyway, the reason I brought up Kant and Aesthetic theory was to deflate the highminded justifications that people might use to defend this kind of ridiculous purchase, with a garbage can becoming necessary because it fits into one's home aesthetic or whatever. Pick up a book on aesthetics instead. I can send pdfs of a good introduction to aesthetics, if anyone wants.

I see similar justifications for a lot of so-called BiFL items, as if having this one more commodity will fix an important problem in your life. It's better to invest in yourself and your ability to distinguish between wants and needs--that's an important part of growing up.
Maybe I'm simple minded but why does one need to read a book to have an opinion on whether a garbage can fits well with their home-decor?

Also, you're talking as if there's is a clear line on when a garbage can is too expensive when it's clearly a subjective thing and depends on many factors like the person's income and environment.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 10, 2004
1264 posts
1540 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ES_Revenge wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:30 pm
I guess I should just shutup and say what a good deal this is but maybe RFD ain't getting a kickback from the trashcan maker like they must from a certain doorbell company :lol:
Image
[OP]
Member
Dec 25, 2017
221 posts
447 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:49 pm
Yep. I've had that same experience on a thread about $800 duffel bag.

Anyway, the reason I brought up Kant and Aesthetic theory was to deflate the highminded justifications that people might use to defend this kind of ridiculous purchase, with a garbage can becoming necessary because it fits into one's home aesthetic or whatever. Pick up a book on aesthetics instead. I can send pdfs of a good introduction to aesthetics, if anyone wants.

I see similar justifications for a lot of so-called BiFL items, as if having this one more commodity will fix an important problem in your life. It's better to invest in yourself and your ability to distinguish between wants and needs--that's an important part of growing up.
Honestly kid, you can complain all you want about my mis-understanding of aesthetics. But you cant pain nor draw nor sculpt. Aesthetically speaking, books aren't the authority. Those with an eye and their 2000+ hours worth of skill are.
You want to bring ridiculous asspulls, ill bring mine. You're a whole level below everyone else in the industry. It's your feelings vs my skills. The fact that you think you know ANYTHING without the ability to even assess others flaws based on tangible flaws nor create a product of your own proves you can read yourself into mental gymnastics of pseudo superiority.
Newbie
Jan 6, 2008
29 posts
16 upvotes
Luyuan20 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:38 pm
How did you claim the warranty if you don't have the receipt anymore? I doubt anyone keeps receipts for 8 years.
Emailed them a photo of the product with the rust.
Newbie
Feb 8, 2017
84 posts
16 upvotes
I know that prices have gone up now, but does anyone know if the rose gold was also the same price?
Newbie
Feb 7, 2019
2 posts
i have the can, had it over a week now.
side info: member since 2007 but my old account was never reactivated by admin, lurked around until now, and felt compelled enough to chime in.

the product is very well built, worth $200 ?,... nah, not in materials, but surely in the engineering. and that is exactly why i bought into it. like other said, dealing with sub-par functioning garbage cans are just not worth my time. we each see value differently, for me, the performance metric is high.

that being said, i caution anyone looking into this, the garbage can is the cheap part. its the old razor blade scheme, an in this case the plastic liners are custom sized, and expensive. how expensive ? about a dollar a piece.
live well, and enjoy the product nonetheless !

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)