[Bed Bath And Beyond] [Hot] Baratza Sette 30 Conical Burr Grinder - $287.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2020 8:38 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6222 posts
2174 upvotes
GTA
sidshock wrote: Thanks. It's worked well!
The factory alignment was almost spot on.

I actually put my hand in there. Free spun it as I tightened the dial until it stopped moving.
Then I let off 3 - 4 dials as you said.
The hopper tab is def not sized well.
Thank God I got a chute though.
If I didn't use a chute grinds would get all over.
With the chute it's mess free.great machine so far.
Hate the lcd display. I can see it going bad. Even a tiny bit of pressure and you can see the lcd get distorted. Wish it was mechanical controls too.
Glad to hear, My hopper tab was a bit stiff but its okay now. I do single dosing so the lcd is basically useless to me so i only use the portafilter push button only and the main power switch.

My results have improved after i aligned the burrs!!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3537 posts
564 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
porksoda wrote: I grind it into a container, and then toss it in basket wdt and level then tamp.
What container?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3537 posts
564 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
porksoda wrote: I just use a glass container that fits snuggly on my basket. I grind into it, wdt, flip it onto the basket, level, tamp.
I'll have to to go looking I guess
Nov 21, 2017
128 posts
111 upvotes
Sorry for the dumb question, I am new to brewing coffee. I recently got a manual ceramic burr grinder from Amazon for $20. I understand the electric grinder is a lot more convenient, but is there a big difference in the quality of the grind?
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6222 posts
2174 upvotes
GTA
hyperactiveme wrote: I'll have to to go looking I guess
I have two glass jars, one was from a marmalade jar, the other was from either fish or something else i don't remember. See what you have at home, there should be some that fit!
beardlessBard wrote: Sorry for the dumb question, I am new to brewing coffee. I recently got a manual ceramic burr grinder from Amazon for $20. I understand the electric grinder is a lot more convenient, but is there a big difference in the quality of the grind?
What kind of machine are you using for coffee? Quality may increase a bit, it has to do mostly with work flow and what kind of coffees you use and what kind of machine you have.
Nov 21, 2017
128 posts
111 upvotes
I got a pour over funnel, so I use that. For coffee, I got kicking horse smart ass - medium roast.
Nothing fancy Slightly Smiling Face
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6222 posts
2174 upvotes
GTA
beardlessBard wrote: I got a pour over funnel, so I use that. For coffee, I got kicking horse smart ass - medium roast.
Nothing fancy Slightly Smiling Face
You are fine with your grinder then, if you were doing espresso extractions then grinder would come into play in extracting flavours more efficiently. There are a few hand grinders that would give a lot of powered grinders run for their money.
For pourover you are fine, you may wanna try a freshly roasted coffee and see how you enjoy it (degas it for 5-7 days before consumption).
Oct 25, 2001
547 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto
AibaBlast wrote: At this price, I would either get the eureka mignon Perfetto from espressocoffeeshop or wait eureka mignon specialita to be in stock again. You can get them for around $500 with duties and shipping.
How’s the Eureka as a dual purpose grinder? (Espresso, pour over)
Aug 9, 2010
275 posts
284 upvotes
325i wrote: Questions for you coffee experts please...

How would this compare to the Breville Smart Pro grinder?

https://www.thebay.com/product/breville ... lsrc=aw.ds
Could someone answer this?
I'm curious as well as that's the one I have.

I only do capuccino's and lattes with the Breville duo temp.

Please enlighten me

Don't need to buy a new grinder, but if you think I'll have substantially more quality for something around the 300-600$ mark, let me know