Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bed Bath And Beyond

HOT!!!! NutriBullet® PRO 1000 Nutrient Extractor, 1000W 63.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 12:54 am
Oct 20, 2009
254 posts
130 upvotes
Not to detract from this post, but I had a nutri bullet before, it's real nice. But after trying the nutri Ninja that has a autotimer, I can never go back to the Bullet. It's just too damn convenient to just make make a shake by pressing a button and walk away, get ready in the morning and Ninja will be done in 60 seconds, then auto shuts off.
Any of you tried the Ninja?

Any thoughts?
It's not all about saving a few dollars....its the Principle of it :)
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2017
1533 posts
2767 upvotes
Toronto
No comment on the ninja. For my space I need a smaller device so the bullet makes a difference. I just tried out the 1000 watt version today and these are the differences between this model and previous models

The base has been redesigned so if the container leaks you won't have to worry about it dripping into the device
The blade, of which there is one (older models have two) has been changed so that the blade angles are a bit different. It's now bigger and you twist it onto the motor instead of into the base
The blade also screws into the inside of the containers instead of onto the outside.
Rubber gasket is built into the blade unite and not something you can take out to clean or replace
It's much quieter
The only lids enclosed are both with a flip top and a harder plastic
The containers themselves are a different kind of plastic that is harder as well

Basically a lot less of the stuff you'd never use anyway.

I made my usual smoothie this evening with spinach, frozen fruit, nut butter, protein and supplement powders, and maple syrup which was from the fridge (not usual). It took an extra whirl to get a couple of small pieces of frozen fruit blended. At the same time it seemed to aerate it more than usual. All in all I'm happy with it.

The one concern is that if anything goes wrong, you're liable for shipping to get repairs/replacements. I'm also not a fan of their "Normal wear and tear is not covered by this limited warranty." You can buy a 3 year extension of the warranty from them directly. I just can't imagine it being worth the repair over repurchase with their terms. I get the sense it has to be shipped to the states, but will confirm tomorrow.
Last edited by SamG852 on Sep 22nd, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2017
1533 posts
2767 upvotes
Toronto
HouShanPi wrote: Aren't there the exploding ones? As far as I know there's a pending class action lawsuit against this brand as of 2020 that goes back to 2018. I don't think the issue has been resolved yet.
I'm guessing this is part of the redesign. They speak a lot about avoid heat/carbonated anything and limiting how long you run it for in the manual.
Nov 22, 2017
115 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver
Just a friendly reminder to everyone who is interesting in this:

DO NOT BUY! or At least do some research

I bought this exact unit last year during boxing day to replace my old original Magic bullet
Think 1000w compare to the old 250w is a huge step up in terms of raw blending power.

The blade design of this new "Pro 1000w" is just stupid, my old Magic bullet can crush frozen fruit or hard veg like broccoli (pre-soak) with no problem
With the same amount of time, this Pro 1000w model just can't perform the same task, I still have a big chunk of veg or fruit left in the blender.
Jan 8, 2016
155 posts
195 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Janerator wrote: Would like to know if anyone knows more about this. I just bought one. There were mixed views, a lot of people mentioned the unit breaking down or not being able to actually blend simple ingredients for a smoothie, could be user error but there were quite a few bad reviews. However I can handle it breaking down in 2 years for $70, an exploding unit is not what I want
Earlier this year I had a serious hand injury and while in post-operation recovery at a hospital with a hand clinic, my nurse told me ironically, she saw her best friend admitted to her ward with a serious hand injury. She had the Nutribullet and somehow while pushing down the jar, it disintegrated, and her hand was mangled in the blades. That's all she shared so in all fairness I don't know how old the unit was, if it was dropped previously etc. that could have weekend the integrity of the jar. However, I personally am going to error on the side of caution.
Jun 12, 2010
807 posts
1183 upvotes
Does anyone with a Vitamix find much use with the Nutribullet type of blender?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2017
1533 posts
2767 upvotes
Toronto
bubbabooie wrote: Earlier this year I had a serious hand injury and while in post-operation recovery at a hospital with a hand clinic, my nurse told me ironically, she saw her best friend admitted to her ward with a serious hand injury. She had the Nutribullet and somehow while pushing down the jar, it disintegrated, and her hand was mangled in the blades. That's all she shared so in all fairness I don't know how old the unit was, if it was dropped previously etc. that could have weekend the integrity of the jar. However, I personally am going to error on the side of caution.
I'm confused by this. Even with it breaking, how hard would she have had to be pressing? All models I've used require push and twist. I've never held onto it while it was blending and it doesn't take a lot of force to put into place. I just can't fathom how it would practically work unless the blade went flying or this person just consistently was putting too much force on the thing.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2002
1119 posts
168 upvotes
Waterloo
ArchZeratul wrote: Does anyone with a Vitamix find much use with the Nutribullet type of blender?
I have a vitamix and magic bullet and find that we use the magic bullet 95% of the time. Sure the Vitamix will blend things better but it's so much more of a hassle to use and clean. We mainly blend smoothies.
May 22, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
SamG852 wrote: I'm confused by this. Even with it breaking, how hard would she have had to be pressing? All models I've used require push and twist. I've never held onto it while it was blending and it doesn't take a lot of force to put into place. I just can't fathom how it would practically work unless the blade went flying or this person just consistently was putting too much force on the thing.
Before you buy, you should at least google. There's an internal video from manufacturer leaked to the public. It shows the cup exploding during their tests. There are many pictures online as well. Pretty nasty stuff.
I'm not saying it is this model but they haven't announced a redesign to the cup. Doing so would be admitting guilt to the pending class action lawsuit. Personally will be erring on the side of caution.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4452 posts
2018 upvotes
Scarborough
HouShanPi wrote: Before you buy, you should at least google. There's an internal video from manufacturer leaked to the public. It shows the cup exploding during their tests. There are many pictures online as well. Pretty nasty stuff.
I'm not saying it is this model but they haven't announced a redesign to the cup. Doing so would be admitting guilt to the pending class action lawsuit. Personally will be erring on the side of caution.
You mean a drop of dawn detergent, fill it water and blend for 20 seconds is too much work? You're literally cleaning a bigger plastic container but effort is the same lol
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
OrangeBerry wrote: You mean a drop of dawn detergent, fill it water and blend for 20 seconds is too much work? You're literally cleaning a bigger plastic container but effort is the same lol
The effort is not the same The Vitamix is a pain in the ass to clean:
  • a drop of soap and run only works for very light mess but if you like thicker smoothy it does work as well
  • Then you are left with this Gian jug in the counter that you left to dry
  • the base takes up a lot of realestate if you leave it out, if not it's a bitch to out away/take out ever morning
  • There is so much waste with the Vitamix as you can't get all out of it from under the blades
Personally I don't get the Vitamix hype I think it's way over priced. Way overbuilt for most houses, a mess to use, and just not that useful as a product. I would recommend getting a cheaper blender, a food processor, a nutri bullet style, and a stick blender for the price of this things.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23021 posts
6896 upvotes
Scarberia
OrangeBerry wrote: You mean a drop of dawn detergent, fill it water and blend for 20 seconds is too much work? You're literally cleaning a bigger plastic container but effort is the same lol
good tip! damn i should be doing this.. i hate washing a big protein blender pitcher, usually i just fill it with water and let it sit in the sink for a while
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4452 posts
2018 upvotes
Scarborough
tark514 wrote: The effort is not the same The Vitamix is a pain in the ass to clean:
  • a drop of soap and run only works for very light mess but if you like thicker smoothy it does work as well
  • Then you are left with this Gian jug in the counter that you left to dry
  • the base takes up a lot of realestate if you leave it out, if not it's a bitch to out away/take out ever morning
  • There is so much waste with the Vitamix as you can't get all out of it from under the blades
Personally I don't get the Vitamix hype I think it's way over priced. Way overbuilt for most houses, a mess to use, and just not that useful as a product. I would recommend getting a cheaper blender, a food processor, a nutri bullet style, and a stick blender for the price of this things.
Anything you clean right after use will come off with ease, if not then couple drops of detergent and fill with water letting it sit for 10 minutes does the job too and then blend away. It's only hard if you make it hard. As for it taking counter space it's all subjective and has nothing to do with the quality/performance/value of the product itself. It contains four parts and assembly is extremely easy, not sure what else to tell you.
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
So to the original question:

Anyone with a Vitamix find it useful to have a bullet blender.

To which member posted:
quote=Ironballz post_id=33164666 time=1600832202 user_id=2277]
I have a vitamix and magic bullet and find that we use the magic bullet 95% of the time. Sure the Vitamix will blend things better but it's so much more of a hassle to use and clean. We mainly blend smoothies.
[/quote]

And you replied belittling his post... But he is absolutely right. Using the bullet and putting in the dishwasher is definitely easier than letting it soak for 10 min then blending for another minute to clean it.

It's the convenience that you are overlooking.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23021 posts
6896 upvotes
Scarberia
tark514 wrote: So to the original question:

To which member posted:
And you replied belittling his post... But he is absolutely right. Using the bullet and putting in the dishwasher is definitely easier than letting it soak for 10 min then blending for another minute to clean it.

[/quote]

It's being lazy or not to clean it! I have a huge ninja blender.. Makes 2 servings but I'd rather use a smaller portable Allin one serving bullet! Tempting to buy op.. But I'm lazy to go in basement to make it Face With Tears Of Joy
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
I wouldn't say it can "extract nutrients" like it claims - it's just a blender,...
in fact it probably destroys some of them but hey, it's a blender :)
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
4053 posts
1127 upvotes
North York
Bought one - because of RFD - haven't used it as yet. Just picked up from the store - didn't have the coupon on me, but cashier applied it.

Are you guys using it just for smoothies or other uses also? If so, pl suggest the other uses.
Last edited by sheriffabc on Sep 23rd, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
I ordered this on Monday morning and received it today! I'm pretty impressed with BB&B's quick shipping.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4452 posts
2018 upvotes
Scarborough
tark514 wrote: So to the original question:

To which member posted:

[/quote]

Just rinse it in the sink, much more effort blending whatever it is you're making than it is to clean it.