Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Magic Bullet 11-piece set for $28+taxes{YMMV}

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2020 11:34 am
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1810 posts
1281 upvotes
Not surprised. Most stores I have visited in person are pretty dead.

It's too bad though - they are one of the very few retailers with decent customer service. Hopefully it's just a restructuring to close the underperforming stores and keep the ones that are turning a profit
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 23, 2010
158 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
It's a good blender. Make sure you only use it for 30 seconds max at a time (as in the manual). Over 30 seconds and the motor will start to fry
Last edited by thegraduate112 on Jul 23rd, 2020 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 1, 2008
1729 posts
933 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
diav wrote: Thanks, ordered one for ISPU/Curbside Pickup! First Magic Bullet... hope it lasts.
Just picked mine up from the Markham (Hwy 7) location and got a good laugh at their ISPU shelf. It's all Magic Bullets. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2008
1249 posts
383 upvotes
Thank you, OP. I hope I don't jinx it for you but after a long time a thread without a downvote. :D
Newbie
Aug 20, 2016
66 posts
154 upvotes
thegraduate112 wrote: It's a good blender. Make sure you only use it for 30 max at a time (as in the manual). Over 30 seconds and the motor will start to fry
Agreed. Mine lasted about a year before the motor fried itself.

Replaced it with a Ninja as of this year. A lot better, but damn it's loud.
Member
Jul 16, 2019
403 posts
231 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote: The same blender? Grinding spices is what I'm looking for.
I already have a blender (different brand) which cannot grind spice.
We grind dry spices in a cheap coffee bean grinder. The Magic bullet is used for smoothies and also for grinding wet spices i.e. making a masala :-).
We use one of the cups for the smoothies and one for the spice stuff. Works like a charm and easier to clean. Grind for 30 secs at a time.
Jr. Member
Sep 2, 2014
168 posts
199 upvotes
Vancouver
Had a magic bullet in the past but upgraded to a Nutribullet a few years ago and the difference is night/day to me. I pretty much just make smoothies (couple times a week), and it's still going strong. I'm not a blender snob, but I found the magic bullet would struggle with frozen fruit. The 600W vs. 250W power is a big difference. I also like the larger Nutribullet cup.

It's over twice the price at costco right now (not on sale), but if you plan on making a lot of smoothies it's worth considering. Also Costco > BBB for any potential return issues.

https://www.costco.ca/nutribullet-12-pi ... 38546.html
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 27, 2004
1632 posts
124 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
duncancj wrote: Had a magic bullet in the past but upgraded to a Nutribullet a few years ago and the difference is night/day to me. I pretty much just make smoothies (couple times a week), and it's still going strong. I'm not a blender snob, but I found the magic bullet would struggle with frozen fruit. The 600W vs. 250W power is a big difference. I also like the larger Nutribullet cup.

It's over twice the price at costco right now (not on sale), but if you plan on making a lot of smoothies it's worth considering. Also Costco > BBB for any potential return issues.

https://www.costco.ca/nutribullet-12-pi ... 38546.html
Thanks for this. We (aka I lol) make 2 smoothies every day with frozen fruit and our Kitchen-Aid blender is finally dying. Would like to get a Vitamix to replace it but $$$.

I'll def check out the Nutribullet.
Sr. Member
Jan 12, 2006
782 posts
140 upvotes
Edmonton
IHavocI wrote: Thanks OP.

How long does it usually take to get the 20% off code?
I signed up before Christmas last year and it took 2 days, definitely longer than what was promised.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
8901 posts
3671 upvotes
Toronto
errational wrote: Thanks for this. We (aka I lol) make 2 smoothies every day with frozen fruit and our Kitchen-Aid blender is finally dying. Would like to get a Vitamix to replace it but $$$.

I'll def check out the Nutribullet.
vitamix on sale at costco until august 2nd

https://www.costco.ca/vitamix-explorian ... 13374.html
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2011
1298 posts
1601 upvotes
Pointe Claire
They deserve to go under. They didn't have the common sense or business awareness to comply with Quebec's language laws so they didn't open any stores in the province and don't even ship here. Second largest population in the country with 8.5 million. Dumb asses at the top.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
6534 posts
3013 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
dogdayafter12 wrote: They deserve to go under. They didn't have the common sense or business awareness to comply with Quebec's language laws so they didn't open any stores in the province and don't even ship here. Second largest population in the country with 8.5 million. Dumb asses at the top.
Just to be fair. A lot of deals are QC excluded. It isnt just them.
I used to like walking in there window shopping and laughing off about how expensive each thing is. Lots of memories.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Member
Oct 2, 2008
423 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
IHavocI wrote: Thanks OP.

How long does it usually take to get the 20% off code?
I got mine instantly. It was attached to my email so when I made an account it was already there. Didn't even have to check my email for a code or anything.
Newbie
Jul 1, 2019
30 posts
16 upvotes
vujonny wrote: I got mine instantly. It was attached to my email so when I made an account it was already there. Didn't even have to check my email for a code or anything.
No coupons loaded in the account 3 hours after I registered.. got an email that says I will get one in 24 hours..
Jr. Member
Aug 20, 2013
106 posts
17 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks OP - registered for a code this morning and just got it. Ordered one!

Top