• Dec 28th, 2018 5:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2003
1174 posts
142 upvotes
Waterloo

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Neato Botvac D3 Clearance Price (plus ebates) $239

Recently bought this same vac from Canadian Tire and it works very well. While the D3 has been discontinued, the company is still adding new features and they are very established in the market.

It works great in my house. No-Go lines feature (still waiting to come, but you can see videos how it works on the D7 version already) are a game changer. No need for virtual walls or strips on the floor. You can go in and tell it to avoid the Christmas tree if you like!

These vacs don't do the random bouncing around, they use lasers to map the room and go in a proper pattern. I also like that it goes back to charge in the middle of cleaning and then it goes back and resumes from where it left off. Can clean a bigger space this way.

$299 on sale, plus you can use the 20% bed bath and beyond coupon (sign up for their email) and it comes down to $239 plus taxes. Free shipping!

eBates up to 4%. Not sure yet if there are exclusions on that.

Why Botvac D3™?
Get the most thorough cleaning coverage with LaserSmart™ mapping and navigation.
Set virtual No-Go Lines around places you want your robot to avoid, like pet bowls or a pile of toys. (Feature available in Fall 2018 via software update)
D-shape design gets into corners round robots can’t
Perfect for cleaning on any surface - hardwood, carpet or tile
Get up to 60 minutes of battery life*, perfect for an apartment or home. Plus, use quick boost charging to help finish the job fast.** (Feature available in Fall 2018 via software update)
Easily control your robot from your phone, smartwatch, Amazon Echo, and Google Home.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 5th, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
114 replies
Oct 23, 2013
8 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Is this the cheapest robot vacuum available with laser mapping?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2092 posts
352 upvotes
Burlington
How can you get 20% online coupon?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2003
1174 posts
142 upvotes
Waterloo
Fire wrote: How can you get 20% online coupon?
Sign up for their newsletter. They mail it out often. Don’t recall how soon they mail out the first one. Maybe someone can recall?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3756 posts
566 upvotes
Windsor
Looks like the coupon is for in store only and these are not stocked in store.....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2003
1174 posts
142 upvotes
Waterloo
G77 wrote: Looks like the coupon is for in store only and these are not stocked in store.....
I ordered online. Used a 20% coupon from my email. So I know that works.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3756 posts
566 upvotes
Windsor
juched wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 12:06 pm
I ordered online. Used a 20% coupon from my email. So I know that works.
Ah OK, just judging by what the signup page says...

Are you going to return your one from CT?

Do you have any pets?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2003
1174 posts
142 upvotes
Waterloo
G77 wrote: Ah OK, just judging by what the signup page says...

Are you going to return your one from CT?

Do you have any pets?
No pets, but a co worker has a couple neato vacs for pets for the past year. She said they worked great. Hers get stuck regularly as some parts of her house.

Mine hasn’t gotten stuck or couldn’t find base yet. So YMMV.

Unsure yet about return. Could use it in the second floor.
Nov 17, 2018
19 posts
6 upvotes
I have a D5 that is in use in my woodworking shop. If it can handle sawdust and debris, it can handle anything.

I had issues with it dropping the wifi network constantly but they replaced the bot and the new one seems fine after about 8 months of very hard labour

YMMV and it’s a D5, not the D3 for sale here
Dec 18, 2005
549 posts
358 upvotes
Montreal
BBB still refuses to ship to Quebec. :(
Jun 26, 2007
453 posts
94 upvotes
GTA
Thanks! Just purchased the D4 also at BBB. If D3 is also good then will return D4.
Jun 24, 2018
12 posts
5 upvotes
Will BBB cancel the order like they did with 90% of the Sphero BB8 orders? lol

I have both a Roomba 980 and a Neato D5 and they are both great bots with pros and cons.
The laser navigation on the Neato is top notch and beats the camera/sensors on the Roomba by far. Neato is also AFAIK the only company that has laser mapping even in the entry level bots so you can't go wrong with the D3 if you're considering it over a chinese knock off or even the Roomba 6xx series.

The things I prefer about the Roomba:
Quality of construction seems/looks better and the parts feel more robust.
Suction is a bit stronger and I like that the Roomba has a double pass option (on the 9xx series at least). The D5's (and probably the D3 too) suction is more than enough for a good cleaning though.

Sorry for comparing two bots that are not on sale and very different on price range but I just wanted to point out that the entry Level Neato's can definitely go head to head with the more expensive Roombas due to to the imho superior LIDAR navigation.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
2921 posts
365 upvotes
Mississauga
i have the d5 its good as long as u don't get a dud.

this price is crazy for a slightly lower version model. i got one for the 2nd floor.

Don't forget ebates
Sep 4, 2016
133 posts
155 upvotes
Having a hard time with my 20% off coupon. It says in store only and can't find a place to enter the code online.....
Nov 2, 2010
25 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Dmichel99 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 2:57 pm
Having a hard time with my 20% off coupon. It says in store only and can't find a place to enter the code online.....
They have "in-store only" and "in-store or online" coupons. You can't use the former online.