[Bed Bath And Beyond] Nutri Ninja 1100 Watt Personal Blender $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2020 2:37 am
[OP]
Jun 16, 2019
65 posts
137 upvotes

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Nutri Ninja 1100 Watt Personal Blender $59.99

Really powerful personal blender. It's $10 more than the magic bullet but the motor is way more powerful (1100W vs 250W).

The FreshVac technology (creates an oxygen vacuum), from what I've read, is kind of a gimmick. But for $60 its still cheaper than other Ninja products anyways.

Free shipping.

Also there is a single use in store only $20 off coupon bringing this down to $40? You can get it for signing up with their newsletter. However near me there are none of these in stock YMMV

Edit: Read the 2nd page of this thread. Apparently people got the welcome bonus offer to work online as well.
Last edited by Michnig on Feb 13th, 2020 1:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
62 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1748 posts
861 upvotes
Markham
Thank you.
I don't expect to use this for any drinks but mainly grind for cooking.
Is this good for it?
-------
Thank you
Jan 9, 2014
763 posts
617 upvotes
Regina
I bought 3 about a month ago with the 20% off coupon.

Definitely a solid deal. And the smoothie cups are massive compared to the ones that come with the Ninja Professional Blender.

If you're looking for a dedicated smoothie maker, this is without a doubt, the best deal on the market.
Sep 23, 2014
92 posts
19 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Would this cup also work with Ninja Intellisense Kitchen System?
Feb 7, 2020
91 posts
61 upvotes
I have a ninja blender and incoming shark robot vacuum. This should complete the collection for now. Thanks!
“You'd be surprised how expensive it costs to look this cheap.”
― Steven Tyler
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1305 posts
1182 upvotes
GTA
AnujS699 wrote: I bought 3 about a month ago with the 20% off coupon.

Definitely a solid deal. And the smoothie cups are massive compared to the ones that come with the Ninja Professional Blender.

If you're looking for a dedicated smoothie maker, this is without a doubt, the best deal on the market.
Thanks for the review. Just picked one up.

Do you have any smoothie recipes specifically?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1541 posts
771 upvotes
Cambridge
Jimclark wrote: I have a ninja blender and incoming shark robot vacuum. This should complete the collection for now. Thanks!
You should find a way to attach the two when they arrive.
Jan 9, 2014
763 posts
617 upvotes
Regina
georgecantstandya wrote: Thanks for the review. Just picked one up.

Do you have any smoothie recipes specifically?
Honestly, my smoothies are very specific to my own requirements, but the best way to break into the smoothie market is to go to costco

Buy frozen fruit
Buy plain greek yogurt
Buy protein powder
Buy whatever supplements you need, maybe greens powder

Throw it all in there and grind baby :)

(Put the yogurt at the bottom of the smoothie cup, I find that if you're adding powders, it's better to have the yogurt at the bottom for easier mixing)
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2892 posts
953 upvotes
Vancouver
AnujS699 wrote: I bought 3 about a month ago with the 20% off coupon.

That's interesting you should say that, as I was going to come on here and say that I was concerned about the size of the cups (i.e. too small). I have a less fancy one of this and it's been great. I leave the base at work and M-F I just bring the cup home to fill up for the next morning. It's too loud for me to use at home in the morning.

Mine came with a 32oz cup and a smaller one (might be 24oz), and I've only used the 32oz. I do like to eat, but I'm not large by any stretch (5'10", 180lb). Depending on how dense you make the shake, it can keep you good to lunch.

Since we're sharing, this is what I put in:
- milk (cow or almond)
- banana
- ginger
- powder (a mix I pre-make of protein powder, chia seeds and hemp hearts)
- peanut or almond butter
- oatmeal or granola
- spinach or kale

If I'm feeling frisky (and if it's there), I may throw in some fruit (blueberries, mango, etc.) or an avocado.

I think I just answered for myself why the 24oz cups are too small...

It's not too sweet and, shockingly, even my kids actually like the taste.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2019
65 posts
137 upvotes
kunamvahees wrote: Thank you.
I don't expect to use this for any drinks but mainly grind for cooking.
Is this good for it?
It would probably work as 1100W is a strong motor. However there are dedicated blenders that have food grinding in mind, with bigger sized containers and what not. Maybe look into those instead? I know they cost more though.

There are also regular blenders with high motor wattages too that are like under $50. The reason these personal blenders are more expensive is because they're meant to be compact and the blending cups are meant to be used as bottles too. If you aren't using it for drinks, save money and get a regular sized blender. Or spend more and get a powerful one with food grinding in mind. Do some more research as I don't actually know that much about blenders
[OP]
Jun 16, 2019
65 posts
137 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: I have this, got it for $70 after coupon, so this is a great deal. It used to be $159 reg, clearance $89 - $20 coupon. Surprised to see they dropped the regular price down.
Yeah I also checked current price and price history on other websites. It's just way cheaper at BBB for some reason. Even on BestbuyUS, its $100usd on sale
May 30, 2016
182 posts
243 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I want this, but I will resist. I don't even make smoothies with my current ninja blender.