• Jan 27th, 2019 6:41 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1295 posts
234 upvotes
Ottawa
keyser-soze wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 3:45 pm
I think that the op should be able to pick a delay time that a post will be shown to non registered users. Say you select 2 hours, then all reg users can see your deal thread for 2 hours before it get shown publicly to everyone.

Sad thing is registered users can also be douches that will hoard and post on kijij. but part of me feels like it less then the public lurkers.
Yeah when it was a smaller less known community it there was definitely less hoarding. I often see deals posted on here show up on Kijiji within hours.
Jul 22, 2009
269 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
frozatio wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:20 pm
What’s the easiest and fastest way to get multiple 20% coupons from BBB? I don’t want to have to create 4 email accounts...
Hue lights are excluded from the coupons.
Its nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
Jan 24, 2017
32 posts
20 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:03 am
I was contemplating this for my 106" projection screen in the basement HT and I'll need 25.5 feet of this around the entire screen, which works out to be $50 for the initial 2m, plus $240 for each additional metre @ $39.99 (regular price for the extension)... So $290 and I'd still have to get a hue bridge for this! Not a cheap implementation to say the least...
For this I'd just go with a Dreamscreen, it's a MUCH better ambient light imo, since the LED's match the colors at the edge of the screen rather than all being the same color.

For most other uses you can just use a Gledopto controller and make long Hue app compatible light strips for much cheaper. This does not work with the Hue screen sync thing, but otherwise will function just as a normal Hue product.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gledopto/comme ... do_i_need/
Aug 25, 2012
120 posts
181 upvotes
VANCOUVER
xmdkx4u2nv wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:38 pm
Hue lights are excluded from the coupons.

Not when you have a BBB+ account
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Mar 15, 2005
493 posts
239 upvotes
matdwyer wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 1:32 pm
skip the long lightstrip for that purpose & get 2 hue Plays + 1 2m lighstrip (or 3 hue plays)

hue entertainment is SICK. But each controller (aka the first section) is a light zone, so if you only had one + extensions it would only display one colour. when like a logo flashes across the screen, with multiple controllers you'll see the different sections of the screen be different lighting. With one, it would just take the primary tone.

You need to run through a htpc or cast it from a PC, but honestly, its sick. LIFX has a strip that can do multi-colour on the strip as well but no hue play integration.

As with anything cool but pointless, dont even attempt to justify the price of this. if you are worried about price wait for 5 years when its standardized through devices.
You don't necessarily need a htpc. I installed https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .huestream on my Nvidia sheild and it works great for wow factor. I usually have it off tho as I find it distracting. I read there is also a Kodi plugin that can do it as well.
Aug 29, 2006
189 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
I have an idea might not work maybe its been tried but other stores have these in stock, go buy them at another store, go to markham and return them for full price (you have the receipt) and then they have stock, buy them back at clearance! I’m assuming the theory here should work but who knows in reality. If I was in Markham I would do this for sure and see what happens.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1295 posts
234 upvotes
Ottawa
Zetterberg wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 1:15 am
I have an idea might not work maybe its been tried but other stores have these in stock, go buy them at another store, go to markham and return them for full price (you have the receipt) and then they have stock, buy them back at clearance! I’m assuming the theory here should work but who knows in reality. If I was in Markham I would do this for sure and see what happens.
If you mean buying from one Bed Bath and Beyond and returning that's a lot of effort for not a lot of savings if you factor in gas and time. The sale price for the 2m starter kit is $88 normally. After taking the time to drive across town and doing a return from another BBB store you will probably have to wait until they run it back through the system and then someone will have to re-mark them before they go back out on sale so it may not be as simple as returning and re-buying unless the store already has stock before your return (because you're doing a price correction/protection).
Jan 26, 2011
209 posts
250 upvotes
OOS on the $9.99 A19s too - and they're no longer restocking :(
Aug 25, 2012
120 posts
181 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Hey all *** RFD Insiders Tip*** If you want to get the $49.99 price but there’s none in stock, buy some of the products at a non-participating bed bath and beyond store, and then take the products back to a participating bed bath and beyond store. Get them to refund the product and then re-purchase it there. They will honour the sale clearance price! That’s what I did! This was a steal of a deal. Regular price for light strips is $105.99 or so, so this is less than half price!
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
May 26, 2007
910 posts
412 upvotes
frozatio wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 11:13 am
Hey all *** RFD Insiders Tip*** If you want to get the $49.99 price but there’s none in stock, buy some of the products at a non-participating bed bath and beyond store, and then take the products back to a participating bed bath and beyond store. Get them to refund the product and then re-purchase it there. They will honour the sale clearance price! That’s what I did! This was a steal of a deal. Regular price for light strips is $105.99 or so, so this is less than half price!
im not sure this will work. maybe luck of the draw.
Nov 18, 2014
131 posts
94 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Kinda on topic, here are the prices in Victoria, BC. Picked up a few more white bulbs that work out to $13+
Images
  • D1EC99DC-A6BC-4966-BB4E-9494742B8A53.jpeg
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2441 posts
1052 upvotes
Victoria
sharkymarky wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 12:02 pm
Kinda on topic, here are the prices in Victoria, BC. Picked up a few more white bulbs that work out to $13+
Thanks! Saves me a trip. Was hoping for the $50 light strip
Mar 7, 2011
592 posts
402 upvotes
frozatio wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 11:13 am
The employee that did that should be fired.