Expired Hot Deals

Bed Bath And Beyond

Roomba 650 $360 After Discount + coupon (free shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2016 6:46 pm
[OP]
Dec 25, 2008
171 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Roomba 650 $360 After Discount + coupon (free shipping)

iRobot® Roomba® 650 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
Sale Price $449

Coupon 20% off - You get this for signing up to email, or through one of their flyers

Total $360

Not bad if you missed the Black Friday deals

They also have the other Roombas on Sale but coupon states those are NOT applicable. Could give it a try anyway.
15 replies
Nov 18, 2015
318 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do these really work....is it worth the money or am i better off just investing in a good vacuum?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1845 posts
335 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
KendrickStone wrote: Do these really work....is it worth the money or am i better off just investing in a good vacuum?
I believe they are equivalent to sweeping on hard floors.
Nov 12, 2016
276 posts
311 upvotes
This is a good approximation. I compare it to a drunk guy vacuuming. It runs every day and is very good for keeping a base level. Especially with pets. My neato botvac is basically a hair control machine, but it also gets litter that my cats track, and crumbs. I find it does save a lot of time and excellent for my small apartment, where dirt can really build up after a few days. I do an actual vacuuming job once every other week.
May 15, 2015
36 posts
18 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Might want to keep a watch on;
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/171851334539?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT

I grabbed one for $269 last week. I've seen it drop to that price twice this month. Refurbished, yes but it's Newegg and I've had zero problems with anything refurb from them in 3+ years now. Can't attest to its abilities yet outside YouTube videos because it's a xmas present.
Jul 30, 2007
466 posts
39 upvotes
Also depends on sq. footage and the layout of your floors.

Love mine, works perfect for hardwood floor in my condo thats relatively rectangular/square in shape. Just make sure most of the ground is not littered with things and your sofas/chairs are high enough so it can fit.

It misses the corners, but the main areas relatively dust-free and have way less maintenance for hardwood otherwise.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
4998 posts
281 upvotes
Stoney Creek
I believe on the fineprint of those 20% off coupons that they can only be used on regular price merchandise?
Nov 4, 2015
9 posts
Vancouver, BC
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/static/offersall/

Exclusions
Copies not accepted.
Limit one coupon; Savings Certificate, special offer or discount per item; cannot be combined with a price match.
Coupon valid for one use only; electronic copies of physical coupons are treated as one coupon.
Any return of purchase will reduce your savings proportionately.
The costs of shipping; taxes or gift cards are not counted toward any minimum purchase required, and coupon cannot be applied to such items.
Not valid for wholesale purchases; Company reserves the right to limit quantities.
Valid only in Canada
Offer excludes the following: A Pea in the Pod®, Alessi, All-Clad, Arthur Court, Baby Brezza™, Baby Jogger™, BABYZEN™, BÉABA™, Bloom®, BOB®, Braava Jet, BRITAX, Breville Cookware, Breville Oracle™, Brookstone®, Bugaboo, Bumbleride™, clek®, CYBEX, DaVinci™, Diono®, DKNY, Dyson, Ergobaby™, Fitbit™, Foundations®, franklin & ben™, HALO® Bassinest™, Inglesina®, kate spade, Kenneth Cole Reaction Home, KitchenAid® PROLINE, Kosta Boda, Lenox®, Le Creuset®, Lladró®, Maxi-Cosi®, Medela®, Miele, Monique Lhuillier, Motherhood Maternity®, Mountain Buggy®, Nuna, Nambe®, Nautica®, Nespresso, Orbit Baby®, Orrefors, Peg Pérego, Petunia Pickle Bottom®, Phil & Teds®, Quinny®, Reliable, Riedel, Romero Britto™, Roomba 800 & 900 Series Vacuums, Shun, Southern Tide, Star Wars BB8 by Sphero, Stokke®, storksak®, Svan®, Swarovski, Swash, Swiss Diamond, Thule®, UPPAbaby®, Vera Bradley®, Vera Wang, Victorinox Luggage, Vitamix®, Waterford®, Wedgewood®, Wusthof®, diapers, wipes, formula, baby food, or portrait studio services.
Alcoholic beverages excluded where required by law.
Additional online items excluded: Amazon Echo, Blaze, Bosch Stand Mixers, Dimond, ,iComfort®, iSeries®, George Kovacs, Karastan, Litter Robot, Luminox Watches, Metroploitan, Minka Aire, Minka Lavery, Napolean Grills, Naturepedic, Nutrimill, Quoizel, simplehuman sensor mirror pro, Tempur-Pedic mattresses and bases.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3773 posts
1050 upvotes
Home
I got 761 @$349+tax from Black Friday time, but haven't opened it. (was going to be a gift for family)
Is this a better buy? Completely noob on robot vavuum.
Dec 23, 2010
274 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
Roomba's have two types of rollers. The 8 and 9 series has the aero force or something type rollers, where it is two rubber tubes spinning creating suction.

The other kind, 6 and 7 (is there a 5?) uses brush rollers, looks like a huge pipe cleaner.

The advantage of the 8 and 9 over the 6 and 7 is that cleaning is a lot easier, nothing gets tangled with the brush.

iRobot also claims that it sucks harder, I never owned a 6 or 7, so I wouldn't know.
Jun 25, 2007
321 posts
113 upvotes
FYI Can. Tire had it on BF sale for $289 for model 630
May 31, 2016
578 posts
578 upvotes
xtothel wrote: Roomba's have two types of rollers. The 8 and 9 series has the aero force or something type rollers, where it is two rubber tubes spinning creating suction.

The other kind, 6 and 7 (is there a 5?) uses brush rollers, looks like a huge pipe cleaner.

The advantage of the 8 and 9 over the 6 and 7 is that cleaning is a lot easier, nothing gets tangled with the brush.

iRobot also claims that it sucks harder, I never owned a 6 or 7, so I wouldn't know.
I hate the rollers on mine, they are constantly clogged with pet hair. When the time comes for another I'd spend the extra for an 8 or a 9.
Sep 5, 2011
182 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Got this three years ago for my apartment as it was the top pick on Wirecutter/Sweethome. Three years later, it's still the top pick (because they don't think the newer/higher-end models add enough value for money): http://m.thesweethome.com/reviews/best-robot-vacuum/

Ultimately I agree with others here that it keeps a base level of neatness but doesn't fully replace occasional "real" vacuuming.
Jan 12, 2007
398 posts
109 upvotes
Evendesiredusernameistaken wrote: I hate the rollers on mine, they are constantly clogged with pet hair. When the time comes for another I'd spend the extra for an 8 or a 9.
This is the advantage of the 800/900 series. I bought the 805 model from Costco and it has been much better!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2553 posts
497 upvotes
Kitchener
I picked up the 761 on the weekend and have had it running everyday since. I would agree it does a base level cleaning. I haven't been blown away by its ability. Any upright vacuum would do better if you took the time to do it. Having said that it is pretty useful for lazy people or those who need a base cleaning (staying on top of let hair as an example).

Edit
The other thing I'd like to mention is pine needles. We put up our tree and because it vacuums every day it is keeping the needles to a minimum. I'm satisfied with this unit. I bought it at full price ($550) so I will likely exchange it now that I know they go on sale
Last edited by Double_J on Dec 7th, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tired of renting from Reliance? This might be useful reliance-home-comfort-2464779/2/#p34473179
Oct 7, 2016
89 posts
91 upvotes
Really? I just bought the 870 from Costco, had it for a few days and it sucked...not in a good way. I've got 1900 square feet of tile and hardwood, so it shouldn't have had an issue. The thing had pretty bad suction; it would pick up a bit of hair, but dirt or crumbs were left behind. I'm hoping the Botvac has better suction, or I'm just getting a central vac.