[Bed Bath And Beyond] SEGA Genesis Classic & Atari Flashback 8 $49.99 each

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2017 12:37 am
[OP]
Mar 28, 2016
193 posts
178 upvotes

[Bed Bath And Beyond] SEGA Genesis Classic & Atari Flashback 8 $49.99 each

ImageBed, Bath, and Beyond sent me their BF flyer this morning and on the front page they advertised these two items below. I reserved them online and picked them up at the Markham location this morning. They have a table by the front door with about 30 units each. I had two 20% off a single item coupon so the total came up to be $96.03.

BF flyer: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/s ... 0a063869f0

Sega Genesis Classic:
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... lashback-8

Atari Flashback 8:
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... lashback-8
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1374 posts
1114 upvotes
Nice find, I am totally checking out the genesis... I want the Atari but not all the old games.
Dec 16, 2010
523 posts
108 upvotes
MexicanPeso wrote: Nice find, I am totally checking out the genesis... I want the Atari but not all the old games.
Heads up, Theres a new version of it called the Genesis flashback, it's shaped like a model 1 Genesis and has an HDMI port and a cartridge slot. goes for $69 in the US. I would get that one before getting this one with AV cables. BTW reviews are pretty bad for both but the new model is reviewed better than this one.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1374 posts
1114 upvotes
FieroAlex wrote: Heads up, Theres a new version of it called the Genesis flashback, it's shaped like a model 1 Genesis and has an HDMI port and a cartridge slot. goes for $69 in the US. I would get that one before getting this one with AV cables. BTW reviews are pretty bad for both but the new model is reviewed better than this one.
Really? I will look, thanks!
Dec 13, 2007
14 posts
3 upvotes
surprised still $50, the gensis one is shit apparently. Get a steam link for 5.99 instead and put emulators on it.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4642 posts
1138 upvotes
Wat
Bed bath is rapidly expanding into the video game business lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2540 posts
3271 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Wiseman wrote: Bed bath is rapidly expanding into the video game business lol.
That's the "beyond" in "bed, bath, & beyond" :p
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10897 posts
3408 upvotes
These are regular price. Cool but not hot.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1197 posts
218 upvotes
Interesting, since other retailers went out of it....I remember Staples sales, Source sales and prob. some other clearance sales as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2820 posts
2652 upvotes
GTA
The controllers for the Atari are not supposed to be any good. There is a new version 8 Gold that is supposed to be much better. I don't think it's sold in Canada yet.
Feb 17, 2004
470 posts
140 upvotes
Keep an eye open for the 20% off coupon for Bed, Bath and Beyond in your weekly local flyers that drops this price even further. I was able to pick up a Genisis for my kids for $50-20% and they love it for old skool Mortal Kombat and Sonic. Graphics not the greatest and comes with wired controllers but plan is to install in my truck for road trips.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2477 posts
4217 upvotes
Toronto
Sega Gen Classic can be hit or miss.

Plenty complained about the Audio. AtGames Sega Consoles have had the same problem.

Don't know if it is fixed. Would check a review beforehand.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1469 posts
599 upvotes
London
They're both crap from what I've heard. Wouldn't waste your money.
May 20, 2017
11 posts
11 upvotes
Kishnabe wrote: Sega Gen Classic can be hit or miss.

Plenty complained about the Audio. AtGames Sega Consoles have had the same problem.

Don't know if it is fixed. Would check a review beforehand.
The new version has the sound issue fixed but just as mentioned above, it isn't the ones being sold by BBB now.