• May 7th, 2018 11:02 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2688 posts
2263 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Shark Rocket HV382 Vacuum Complete with DuoClean - 269.99

I recently bought this specific model from Amazon Warehouse at pretty much the same price, but this is for a *brand new* one. In my opinion this is a *hot* deal. Amazon USA sells this for USD$200 right now (with rebate). Don't confuse other similar models from other retailers with this one. It's the HV382, and it comes with extra tools. Very good price I think.

Walmart has the HV380C, which is a "lesser" model for $279.98.

• This is *not* a cordless vacuum
  • Again, be *careful* when comparing with other retailers, this is the HV382 model and many other retailers are selling different models like the HV381C (Canadian Tire?) and the HV380 (Walmart). Look at the *color*, if it's not the same as my post then it's different model.
  • Here's a link to an article that compares the models
  • I've read a bunch of reviews (which are very generally very positive) and a few negatives that keep on popping back is that it's doesn't stand on its own (I don't care) and that it's self propelled (I also don't care) so I guess if you're a 65 years old who's kind of weak, you might find this vacuum a bit much to handle

EDIT: Someone posted a link to a 20% rebate offer in store, which would bring the price down to $216. Price hard to beat! Thanks jojo9098.
EDIT2: This thread became a bit chaotic and confusing so I'd like to resume here: there was *one* proven occasion when this vacuum was cheaper and it was for last Black Friday. $200 at Best Buy and $210 on Amazon Canada. Also, there was some debate about it being cheaper on the US Shark Site, but it's very debatable. For this model, you will pay the conversion from US to CAD, and possible an internation surcharge fee. YMMV a lot with Shark US, on top of being shipped from the US with your typical warranty question mark.
Last edited by willy0275 on Feb 26th, 2018 11:12 am, edited 12 times in total.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
50 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3431 posts
644 upvotes
Allenford
How is it to use? the head on it looks like a beast to carry around with one hand.

How does it do on laminate?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2688 posts
2263 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Well, since I'm used to my V6 Dyson cordless, it's pretty similar just a little heavier. It's still very light, have not had any problem using one hand for about 20 minutes, but I've used it only once so far as I only got it last Friday. I'm not sure what you mean by laminate, but I've used it on my engineered floors and carpets and it's very efficient, much more than my cordless Dyson.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2688 posts
2263 upvotes
Montreal, QC
nexis_lexis wrote: I believe Canadian Tire has it for this price as well.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rocke ... 8117p.html
I'm pretty sure this is *not* the same model. Look at the color. The thing I dislike totally with Canadian Tire is that it's sometimes very hard to get the model number. I think it's the HV381C model if you look at the Q&A.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2688 posts
2263 upvotes
Montreal, QC
By the way I think this is really a HOT deal, it's USD$200 on Amazon US (rebate of USD$100) so you can see how great current CAD price is.
Oct 15, 2011
158 posts
167 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: It's cordless, in my opinion it's comparing apples and oranges.
Sorry my bad.. it dint pay attention...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2688 posts
2263 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ama1313 wrote: Sorry my bad.. it dint pay attention...
No problem, I did update my initial post to make it clear, because it *looks* like a cordless and Shark even have a similar cordless vacuum also with good reviews, with detachable batteries. The cord is very long with this one so being cordless is not a big negative with this model in my opinion. If you have lots of carpets, cordless can be a pain...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2688 posts
2263 upvotes
Montreal, QC
frenetic26 wrote: Average deal in my opinion, it comes on sale at 209.99$ on amazon.ca (with free shipping) from time to time.

amazon-ca-shark-duoclean-rocket-corded- ... #p28553716

unless you need one now, I would it for it to come on sale again.
It's weird because Camel did not pick up that price drop. I don't have any other historical data of this unit being that low. That sale in November was quite amazing. Also, saying "from time to time" I think is misleading, there was only *one* such special posted on RFD, the previous one was in February 2017 and it was more expensive.
Jan 29, 2004
475 posts
376 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: It's weird because Camel did not pick up that price drop. I don't have any other historical data of this unit being that low. That sale in November was quite amazing. Also, saying "from time to time" I think is misleading, there was only *one* such special posted on RFD, the previous one was in February 2017 and it was more expensive.
Interesting, you JUST realized and admitted that your camel thing doesn't always pick up all the sale prices and yet you seem 100% sure that this low price never occurred anywhere else at any time. A little presumptuous don't you think? I have seen it this low on more than one occasion, and not necessarily through amazon. so no its not misleading.

edit: typos
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2688 posts
2263 upvotes
Montreal, QC
frenetic26 wrote: Interesting, you JUST realized and admitted that your camel thing doesn't always pick up all the sale prices and yet you seem 100% sure that this low price never occurred anywhere else at any time. A little presumptuous don't you think? I have seen it this low on more than one occasion, and not necessarily through amazon. so no its not misleading.

edit: typos
Usually, on RFD, we try to back up our claims with links. Just saying "it's this price from time to time" with no backing is just a bit weak. But the part where you say it was lower for Black Friday seems to be accurate.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
I own it and it's fantastic! however i keep on wondering why i didn't buy a cordless dyson that always go on sale at 200$ through dyson ebay store.
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2688 posts
2263 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ispeedca wrote: I own it and it's fantastic! however i keep on wondering why i didn't buy a cordless dyson that always go on sale at 200$ through dyson ebay store.
I own both and I don't think they really compare. The V6 is amazing for small jobs but there's some situations where the HV382 is much better.
Jan 29, 2004
475 posts
376 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: Usually, on RFD, we try to back up our claims with links. Just saying "it's this price from time to time" with no backing is just a bit weak. But the part where you say it was lower for Black Friday seems to be accurate.
Ah I see, so if a deal is never posted to RFD, it never existed!

be right back I think I hear a tree falling in the woods.
Banned
Aug 28, 2017
301 posts
366 upvotes
This was on sale at Best buy for $199 during boxing week.

Picked one up...

This vacuum is a BEAST!!! I have the Dyson V7 also, but the battery life is not long enough to give the house a good clean....This thing also has better suction...its also VERY light.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2688 posts
2263 upvotes
Montreal, QC
frenetic26 wrote: Ah I see, so if a deal is never posted to RFD, it never existed!

be right back I think I hear a tree falling in the woods.
All indications point to a single low price for Boxing Day 2017, so I'd say if you're willing to wait until November you'll probably get a better price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2688 posts
2263 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Rocko24 wrote: This was on sale at Best buy for $199 during boxing week.

Picked one up...

This vacuum is a BEAST!!! I have the Dyson V7 also, but the battery life is not long enough to give the house a good clean....This thing also has better suction...its also VERY light.
Yes, my feeling exactly. I think it's a good trade off between your full size bulky vacuum and the V6/V7/V8. I still like having the V6 for smaller jobs. It's funny that there's some negative feedback about it being too heavy!