Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Sphero "Special Edition" Battle Worn BB-8™ the App-Enabled Droid™ WITH Force Band

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2018 11:56 am
[OP]
Aug 9, 2015
267 posts
194 upvotes

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Sphero "Special Edition" Battle Worn BB-8™ the App-Enabled Droid™ WITH Force Band

Did a quick search and nothing turned up.

See this Special Edition version selling for $129US at the lowest and other stores are quite a bit more in canadian right now, up around $200+ for this version which comes with the force band.

Thought this was a decent price aside from the $50 price error a while back and the BB9 for $100 in December - not sure, but don't think either of those came with the Force Band though. So, for $129 CDN I'd say this is a pretty good deal :)

This one seems well reviewed, hope this post is helpful for someone.

Posting from my phone with update with pics later.

*Be careful not to confuse this one with the shinny original which is selling at the same price as this, but without the Force Band (which sells for ~$100 by itself)
Images
  • 98922247520530p.jpeg
Last edited by Qwazy01 on Feb 3rd, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13915 posts
5525 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The BB9 for $100 in December came with the free Force Band. However, even though it was quite a deal, I couldn't find enough reasons to keep it, and ended up returning it.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2015
267 posts
194 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: The BB9 for $100 in December came with the free Force Band. However, even though it was quite a deal, I couldn't find enough reasons to keep it, and ended up returning it.
Good to know, thanks for the feedback. I got this one for a gift so I'll have to wait and see how this one plays out. I thought it had a programming/coding aspect to it but haven't found anything to back that up yet. So maybe this one may go back too. Returns don't seem to be an issue with BBB.

Thanks for confirming the BB9 came with the band too.
Dec 28, 2011
494 posts
413 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I got the $99 deal for my son and he touched it 3 times. It's quite gimmicky and a pain in the ass to control.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13915 posts
5525 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm a huge Star Wars and gadgets fan so I thought I would love this. But it is difficult to control, especially with the force band. I heard you can link this up with Spero Edu for the coding learning. But I didn't have time to explore that aspect before I returned it.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4804 posts
2075 upvotes
Bought BB9E. Barely used it. Sitting on stand for a month straight now. Should have returned it, would not buy again.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1193 posts
628 upvotes
Yeah I grabbed BB9 from Best Buy.

Still in box. I’m sure I’ll take it out sooner or later.
Also price match at BestBuy for 10% difference.
Aug 25, 2010
366 posts
89 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: I'm a huge Star Wars and gadgets fan so I thought I would love this. But it is difficult to control, especially with the force band. I heard you can link this up with Spero Edu for the coding learning. But I didn't have time to explore that aspect before I returned it.
The EDU app is really good. Probably not worth it unless you have kids. But it is a neat you.