Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] (WARM) Breville Barista Express (espresso machine) - with coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2020 2:11 am
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
213 posts
94 upvotes
Calgary

[Bed Bath And Beyond] (WARM) Breville Barista Express (espresso machine) - with coupon)

Breville is currently having a sale on the Barista Express (and other machines) and I was able to get Bed Bath and Beyond to honour their 20% off coupon on in Store (YYC location). Couldn't do this on the web, said no coupons but I called and said should be able use in store (exclusions only mentioned Breville Oracle) and I went in and it scanned no problem

I know some others got have gotten for cheaper back in time, but I got it for $560 plus taxes.

Great reviews on this machine everywhere and from friends

Description:

Breville® The Barista Express™ Espresso
Easily prepare authentic, amazing-tasting espressos by following the barista method of grinding fresh beans and extracting the grounds for immediate use with the Barista Express with Conical Burr Grinder and Dose Control.

Breville The Barista Express Espresso Machine features a design that lets you conveniently grind, dose and extract for fresh beans to flavorful espresso enjoyment in under a minute

Patented Razor™ dosing tool with dose control for customized brew strength
Adjustable PID digital temperature control and thermocoil heating system accurately maintains water temperature
0.5-lb. capacity bean hopper and hands-free grinding cradle
Dry puck feature removes excess water from the ground coffee in the portafilter
Low pressure pre-infusion applies low water pressure at the start to gently expand grinds for even extraction
Espresso pressure gauge monitors extraction pressure
Dedicated hot water outlet
Stainless steel 360º swivel-action steam wand
Integrated 54mm removable tamper
Preset 1- and 2-cup shot volumes, manual override or re-programmable volumes
Includes razor dose trimming tool, 54mm stainless steel portafilter, 4 filter baskets, stainless steel milk jug, coffee scoop, water filter and cleaning kit
Removable drip and cup warming tray
Removable water tank with replaceable carbon water filter and water level indicator
Built-in conical burr grinder ensures maximum freshness, flavor, and aroma
Choose grind size (Coarse, Medium, Fine, Extra-Fine)
Reservoir capacity: 67 oz. (2L)
15-bar pump pressure
Touch-button and dial controls
Stainless steel single and dual wall filters
Sleep and Auto Off Modes
1600 watts
Stainless steel housing
Wipe clean exterior
Measures 13.2" D x 12.5" W x 15.8" H
Weighs 27.4 lb.
UL listed
1-year manufacturer’s warranty
Last edited by cap6pac on Dec 26th, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calgary, AB
23 replies
Dec 9, 2014
327 posts
221 upvotes
GTA
The fine print says that coupons can't be redeemed on Breville product though. Guess it'll be ymmv.
Oct 26, 2010
244 posts
125 upvotes
Scarborough
KnobHillFarms wrote: The fine print says that coupons can't be redeemed on Breville product though. Guess it'll be ymmv.
Yup but they always let you use it. I got it last year when it was on sale for like 499 I believe. Best investment I have made for coffee machine. Use it everyday to make lattes or Americano whne I want to sip coffee instead.
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
213 posts
94 upvotes
Calgary
KnobHillFarms wrote: The fine print says that coupons can't be redeemed on Breville product though. Guess it'll be ymmv.
As I mentioned in the post, I checked the fine print on the web and the paper coupon and it appears it only excluded the Breville Oracle, not anything else. Plus it scanned immediately.

So given you can get in the store no problems, I do not think it is YMMV, just a web glitch.
Calgary, AB
May 28, 2013
52 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary
Some associates may give you heck for it so I'd say it is more YMMV
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3531 posts
3123 upvotes
Toronto
I think when covid is over, it will go back to the $480 we are used to seeing
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11696 posts
1582 upvotes
The fine print always only said breville Oracle and it worked on this machine all the time until around April this year when BBB stopped allowing it. I always thought it was a mistake that they allowed it in the first place, but don't know why they just didn't change the coupon wording to exclude it specifically.

I got one just before the coupon started being denied online this year. It was a COViD splurge and turned out to be very worthwhile this year!
Nov 19, 2011
168 posts
91 upvotes
Vancouver
I don’t get the downvotes. But I’ll upvote this if people can get it to work. My friend has been looking for an espresso machine and I used to have this one. So I forwarded it to her.
Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3852 posts
1722 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: I think when covid is over, it will go back to the $480 we are used to seeing
According to ccc, amazon hasnt had it for sub $500 for the past year (precovid).

I'm on the lookout for this but wanting it to hit the $500 mark. Guess we'll see. Tim hortons in the interim :/
May 10, 2011
31 posts
7 upvotes
TORONTO
I just bought this machine for a Christmas gift at full price, is there a way to get the difference back? I tried using the coupon online at the time of purchase but I wasn't able to apply it.
May 4, 2020
92 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
$480 is super rare. I bought mine for $479 back in may from BBB using the 20% coupon.
May 15, 2007
354 posts
31 upvotes
Waterloo
I bought mine during Black Friday last year for $432 + tax (10% off $600, then 20% coupon at BBB). Have been super happy with it!
Nov 24, 2014
73 posts
63 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Upvoted.

The “sale” price on this unit used to be $599, but haven’t seen it drop that low in 6 months (I’ve been keeping an eye out for a friend). The new “sale” price is $699 - so $560 seems to be the $480 in this covid era. Not sure if it’s a supply chain issue or what, but those waiting for $480 might have to wait much longer.

For an $80+tax difference, it pays for itself in a little over a month if you spend $3 a day on coffee.

Editing to add: I’ve had this unit since 2018, and it’s a fantastic machine.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3852 posts
1722 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: The best price tracker is RFD itself, it went down to $480 this May/June

bed-bath-and-beyond-breville-bes870xl-e ... 0-2379178/
I've only been looking at this recently. Good to know there's "hope" it'll drop in price sometime. Not in a rush at the moment and with a lockdown in Ontario, i don't even know if instore exists anymore.
Dec 15, 2005
318 posts
75 upvotes
Azn247 wrote: I just bought this machine for a Christmas gift at full price, is there a way to get the difference back? I tried using the coupon online at the time of purchase but I wasn't able to apply it.
Coupons are YMMV as it states coupons are excluded from this.
You could try buying a new one with the coupon, then take your old/initial receipt and return it with the newly purchased product, if it's still in the return period
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3531 posts
3123 upvotes
Toronto
rolcopster wrote: $480 is super rare. I bought mine for $479 back in may from BBB using the 20% coupon.
its not super rare. Before June of this year, $480 was the regular sale price. $432 is super rare as per muvo. I know because I have been tracking this for 2 years, waiting for it to hit $400, but I am in no rush.
May 22, 2015
269 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
man i've been waiting it to go down to $480 but since black friday, it hasn't dropped from any retailer below 699. If it will take end of covid to go below 500, then i guess ill have to bite
May 4, 2020
92 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
dracolnyte wrote: its not super rare. Before June of this year, $480 was the regular sale price. $432 is super rare as per muvo. I know because I have been tracking this for 2 years, waiting for it to hit $400, but I am in no rush.
Good luck waiting for $400. Personally I would make a move once u see $480 tbh.