Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] ZeroWater 10-Cup Pitcher Water Filtration System ($24.99)

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2020 6:09 pm
[OP]
Feb 26, 2020
9 posts
37 upvotes

[Bed Bath And Beyond] ZeroWater 10-Cup Pitcher Water Filtration System ($24.99)

Zero water is known for the best consumer water filter pitchers. The pitcher comes with a TDS meter that shows you the amount of TDS in your water.

"ZeroWater—with its five-stage ion-exchange filter--can in fact get the TDS down to zero parts per million (average TDS in tap water is 127 parts per million)."

The filters are relatively expensive compared to others like Brita but I know some people navigate around this by using cheaper Brita pitchers to filter the water first, then filter the water with the Zerowater pitcher which removes more from the water than Brita can and helps to extend the life of the Zerowater filter.
Images
  • tds-chart.jpg
51 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1215 posts
832 upvotes
Hamilton
There are many studies on the adverse health effects of drinking demineralized water a long period of time. Humans have been drinking 'mineralized' water since the dawn of time, and has some key essential minerals that you would miss (magnesium, calcium) not to mention fluoridation that is scientifically proven to prevent dental caries / tooth decay.

95% of the tap water in Canada is perfectly fine to drink straight out of the tap.
Mar 31, 2017
12 posts
8 upvotes
How does this compare to the Brita filter system? Also how much are the replacement filters?
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1035 posts
435 upvotes
I looked into Zerowater for a bit. The good thing about their filters is that they remove lead, unlike Brita. However, according to reviews and depending what your source water is like, the filters tend to get used up quickly and sometimes start smelling like fish. The pitchers themselves are reportedly flimsy too. I ended up sticking with Brita.
May 20, 2020
252 posts
161 upvotes
City of Toronto
vader_slri wrote: I looked into Zerowater for a bit. The good thing about their filters is that they remove lead, unlike Brita. However, according to reviews and depending what your source water is like, the filters tend to get used up quickly and sometimes start smelling like fish. The pitchers themselves are reportedly flimsy too. I ended up sticking with Brita.
The Brita faucet mount and Longlast filter removes lead.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1657 posts
3452 upvotes
vader_slri wrote: The pitchers themselves are reportedly flimsy too.
Had about four individual Zero water bottles they all broke in different places on different occasions when they fell maybe like less than a foot? Even when one was protected in my carry on suitcase and surrounded by clothes a drop or something must have caused the insides to break. I speculate this might be because the filter is mounted off centre with flimsy plastic.

The filters themselves are also pretty fragile, I had one of them spill plastic beads out after a tumble.

For something that sits in a fridge all day the pitcher being so fragile might not really be such a big deal, but the individual water bottles are trash. Water tasted pretty good though. I used these almost exclusively for travel to destinations where it was advisable to drink bottled water.
Mar 17, 2014
471 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver
good find, i was looking for filter as its almost time to replace the filter. i've been using zero water for few months now and love it, i just couldnt drink tap water eventhough we have most safe water in canada (BC), i just couldnt take tap water smell but zero water gets rid of that smell. i know some saying minernal is needed and stuff but water taste great after filtering. i also did the measuring check thing between nestle bottled water, tap water and zero water filtered water and numbers are like following:

nestle bottled water: 89
tap water: 13
zero water: 0

* lower the better

ordered 2 pictures + 2 filter and used $20 off over $80 and paid $78 total after tax + free shipping.

thanks
[OP]
Feb 26, 2020
9 posts
37 upvotes
congo80 wrote: ordered 2 pictures + 2 filter and used $20 off over $80 and paid $78 total after tax + free shipping.
Share the code if it's not single use.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1657 posts
3452 upvotes
Starboardbound wrote: Share the code if it's not single use.
Its a promo associated with your email address. when you sign up for emails they give you new coupons automatically that are applied to your account.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1035 posts
435 upvotes
9thGenCivicSi wrote: The Brita faucet mount and Longlast filter removes lead.
Have you tried the Longlast filter? The few reviews I’ve read say they don’t actually last very long at all which stopped me from trying them.
Mar 17, 2014
471 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver
Starboardbound wrote: Share the code if it's not single use.
looks like its single use, i just had the coupon under my account online so i applied and its gone, it wasnt a code, it said coupon (without code)
May 8, 2013
447 posts
432 upvotes
London
shwab wrote: There are many studies on the adverse health effects of drinking demineralized water a long period of time. Humans have been drinking 'mineralized' water since the dawn of time, and has some key essential minerals that you would miss (magnesium, calcium) not to mention fluoridation that is scientifically proven to prevent dental caries / tooth decay.

95% of the tap water in Canada is perfectly fine to drink straight out of the tap.
**** outta here with that fluoridation fantasy.
Dec 20, 2018
134 posts
232 upvotes
ryansluman wrote: **** outta here with that fluoridation fantasy.
I can't tell if this is a joke. The slang would suggest that it is. I hope it is.
Dec 10, 2012
956 posts
587 upvotes
Richmond Hill
vader_slri wrote: Have you tried the Longlast filter? The few reviews I’ve read say they don’t actually last very long at all which stopped me from trying them.
Longlast is a pleated filter like an oil filter, did not last long and found it took way to long to filter. Only benefit I see is it supposedly capable of removing lead.