Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5.5 Cup Micom Rice Cooker $145.59 (with 20% off Coupon) YMMV - (no coupon $181.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 8:16 am
[OP]
Jun 21, 2011
844 posts
794 upvotes
Vancouver

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5.5 Cup Micom Rice Cooker $145.59 (with 20% off Coupon) YMMV - (no coupon $181.99)

Been eyeing this rice cooker for a while, waiting for BBB to drop price so I could stack the 20% coupon. (YMMV as you will need the 20% off coupon from email subscription)
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... 1040186917

After coupon it comes to $145.59 +taxes, which is a great price as the last time this was on sale for this price was around 1.5 years ago on Amazon ($145.99):
amazon-ca-zojirushi-ns-tsc10-5-5-cups-r ... 9-2238821/

For those curious, the 20% off coupon from BBB is given to you if you subscribe to their email list. (Unsure how long you will receive it after you subscribe).
Last edited by yau1225 on Jul 11th, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
29 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1899 posts
1524 upvotes
The neuro fuzzy model is made in Japan. Spend a bit more and buy that one. Mine is over 10+ years old and still working to cook me rice.

I believe zojirushi has a few line of rice cookers and this one, the micom is maybe made in China.
Jan 29, 2020
197 posts
211 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: The neuro fuzzy model is made in Japan. Spend a bit more and buy that one. Mine is over 10+ years old and still working to cook me rice.
Our neurofuzzy is at least 15 years old. We eat quite a lot of rice [...]. Only problem with it is that steam has carried deposits under the plastic that covers the display, which is to say that it has really given us no trouble at all.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 11th, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported/inappropriate comment removed
Sep 2, 2019
48 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
i wonder if the induction or pressure cooking Zojirushi are that much better
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1094 posts
235 upvotes
I think it's worth it to wait for the IH model (but not the IH + Pressure)
Aug 11, 2012
598 posts
180 upvotes
KennethToronto wrote: I think it's worth it to wait for the IH model (but not the IH + Pressure)
why's that, I saw in the Wirecutter reviews that the IH models were not necessarily as good. The Wirecutter review could be wrong, but why is induction heating better here?
Jan 13, 2019
23 posts
6 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: The neuro fuzzy model is made in Japan. Spend a bit more and buy that one. Mine is over 10+ years old and still working to cook me rice.

I believe zojirushi has a few line of rice cookers and this one, the micom is maybe made in China.
The neuro fuzzy model doesn't have a steaming basket and no cake setting .
May 2, 2017
74 posts
92 upvotes
kbytesrfd wrote: The neuro fuzzy model doesn't have a steaming basket and no cake setting .
If you are looking for a rice cooker that does a bit of everything, sure the IH models are more attractive. But if what you care about is a rice cooker that cooks rice really well for years to come, nothing currently beats the longevity and consistency of a neuro fuzzy model made in Japan. It's practically perfected to do what it's designed for and runs more efficiently than IH models. Check out the electricity usage of those IH models and you'll see.
May 18, 2012
966 posts
769 upvotes
MARKHAM
Is there a major difference between the fuzzy japan vs micom china?

I wanted a 3 cup rice cooker to save on space, but they didn’t have it in the fuzzy model (smallest size is 5.5 i think). Is the neuro fuzzy that much better that its worth returning the 3 cup micom?
May 15, 2009
65 posts
24 upvotes
Get the Neuro Fuzzy or don't get one at all, Makes the best rice ever. If you want something that does more you'll probably lose quality on the rice.
Jan 13, 2019
23 posts
6 upvotes
moufasa wrote: Is there a major difference between the fuzzy japan vs micom china?

I wanted a 3 cup rice cooker to save on space, but they didn’t have it in the fuzzy model (smallest size is 5.5 i think). Is the neuro fuzzy that much better that its worth returning the 3 cup micom?
The Neuro Fuzzy® is a Micom, all Micom have Fuzzy logic technology. Zojirushi have 4 types of rice cookers, the Pressure + IH + Micom, the IH + Micom, the Micom models and the conventional models.
May 18, 2012
966 posts
769 upvotes
MARKHAM
kbytesrfd wrote: The Neuro Fuzzy® is a Micom, all Micom have Fuzzy logic technology. Zojirushi have 4 types of rice cookers, the Pressure + IH + Micom, the IH + Micom, the Micom models and the conventional models.
I was mainly referring to made in japan vs china. I ended up returning the Chinese 3 cup and upgrading to the Japanese 5.5 since I’ve heard one of the major differences is the nonstick coating lasts a lot longer on Japanese models. This is what i purchased even though it looks pretty ugly compared to the stainless steel versions:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00007 ... UTF8&psc=1

I decided that i did not want to play like $100+ more for IH since most reviews said its hard to tell the difference.