Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat $299.99 (+ other retailers)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2021 2:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1515 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat $299.99 (+ other retailers)

Last edited by jillaryit on Mar 25th, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
26 replies
Jan 7, 2019
74 posts
91 upvotes
thanks for posting... looks like all of the links are broken
Jun 6, 2008
428 posts
48 upvotes
Burlington
Links are working fine for me now. I bought this during the last sale a few months ago (same price). Works well and no complaints/issues.
Feb 24, 2009
145 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Does the 20% coupon work on this?
Nov 11, 2009
176 posts
71 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone know if this works for the uppababy vista stroller? Tried googling no clear answer. I'm a new parent so I'm a bit confused.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4146 posts
672 upvotes
T.O.
t3chnon3 wrote: Anyone know if this works for the uppababy vista stroller? Tried googling no clear answer. I'm a new parent so I'm a bit confused.
This is a car seat. Has nothing to do with the strollers. Once your kid outgrows the Uppababy car seat, you will need to use a car seat such as this. You start by back facing, and then front facing.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Aug 8, 2011
96 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for sharing OP. I can also vouch its a good seat at a good price. Only need this seat after the infant stage for the next 10 years up to 120lbs.

Although you could use this as an infant bucket seat if you so chose to, but I would never lock myself into that situation for the first year. At 299.99, 10 years is bang for buck.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2720 posts
1954 upvotes
Mississauga
t3chnon3 wrote: Anyone know if this works for the uppababy vista stroller? Tried googling no clear answer. I'm a new parent so I'm a bit confused.
the vista stroller comes with a seat but you'd need to buy something like the uppababy mesa that would be director compatible or you can get a carseat that has connectors (that you'll need to buy) to make it work.

This item is a standalone carseat. It can fit children really young, but not to infant size. The disadvantage to these, is the lack of a click-and-go system that you'd get from something with a Mesa carseat. It's amazing for a sleeping baby to just click them in and out and it doesn't disrupt them and also you can dress them and strap them in before taking them into the car.

DM if you have any questions. I'm a new parent with a child who's now almost 1!
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Aug 8, 2011
96 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
Traian2003 wrote:
This is a car seat. Has nothing to do with the strollers. Once your kid outgrows the Uppababy car seat, you will need to use a car seat such as this. You start by back facing, and then front facing.
As Traian and Vinny explained this is a second stage car seat...after your baby outgrows the first seat you lose the ability to go on and off the stroller.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1515 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto
vinnie1990 wrote: the vista stroller comes with a seat but you'd need to buy something like the uppababy mesa that would be director compatible or you can get a carseat that has connectors (that you'll need to buy) to make it work.

This item is a standalone carseat. It can fit children really young, but not to infant size. The disadvantage to these, is the lack of a click-and-go system that you'd get from something with a Mesa carseat. It's amazing for a sleeping baby to just click them in and out and it doesn't disrupt them and also you can dress them and strap them in before taking them into the car.

DM if you have any questions. I'm a new parent with a child who's now almost 1!
I'm a soon to be parent. Can this car seat not accommodate infants less than 1? I was thinking of just getting this car seat and be done with it. :P Then just transfer the baby from car seat to stroller and back when he needs to be in the car.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2720 posts
1954 upvotes
Mississauga
jillaryit wrote: I'm a soon to be parent. Can this car seat not accommodate infants less than 1? I was thinking of just getting this car seat and be done with it. :P Then just transfer the baby from car seat to stroller and back when he needs to be in the car.
I have this car seat, and my daugther is coming on 1 year and I'm about to install it in the car and it will be there till she's outweighs it, which will be a 1 and done. I don't regret getting a click and go system when they were young as I found it was super helpful, particularly in the winter months and they overall sit better in it for walks and stuff. She only didn't use it for walks around 7 or 8months old.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2218 posts
1722 upvotes
Canada
jillaryit wrote: I'm a soon to be parent. Can this car seat not accommodate infants less than 1? I was thinking of just getting this car seat and be done with it. :P Then just transfer the baby from car seat to stroller and back when he needs to be in the car.
Yes this will absolutely work for an infant... newborns. It comes with a special insert.

I have this car seat as well as the Britax Allegiance and I wish we had gotten two of the Britax. Everything about it is better to me, from the fabric to the strapping system. Just our take but we much prefer the Allegiance to this after having both simultaneously.
Oct 20, 2014
488 posts
248 upvotes
Trenton, on
I don't recommend that, esp in winters. I would go with a travel system which is esp made for infants, no 3 in 1s or 4 in 1s. The convenience of covering a infants car seat completely before taking out the whole car seat to put on a stroller is priceless, esp in -20C or lower. That way you dont expose your baby to extreme cold, and dont have to take him/her out of a car seat, in to another. Plus the travel system include strollers which you can keep using, as your kid get older, without a car seat. The strollers are heavier though.

3 in 1s and 4 in 1s would never support a click and go travel system. They can be bought for as low as 100 on sale.
Last edited by neatooo on Mar 25th, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 29, 2013
211 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Firstly congratulations on about-to-be parent!

I thought about transferring the baby back and forth as well, until my sister in law suggested that I should leave a sleeping baby, sleeping. So, if they're asleep in the car seat, the transfer might wake them up. Both my kids sleep great in the car, so I always leave them sleeping in the seat/stroller when i get them out of the car. If you get something like a graco click-connect travel system, it works really well for transfer without taking them out of the seat.

Just a suggestion Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Oct 10, 2011
169 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
neatooo wrote: I don't recommend that, esp in winters. I would go with a travel system which is esp made for infants, no 3 in 1s or 4 in 1s. The convenience of covering a infants car seat completely before taking out the whole car seat to put on a stroller is priceless, esp in -20C or lower. That way you dont expose your baby to extreme cold, and dont have to take him/her out of a car seat, in to another. Plus the travel system include strollers which you can keep using, as your kid get older, without a car seat. The strollers are heavier though.

3 in 1s and 4 in 1s would never support a click and go travel system. They can be both for as low as 100 on sale.
I think this is a "to each their own" situation. infants outgrow those systems at around the 1 year mark then they would end up buying a car seat such as this anyway.

Depending on how often that user drives their car and plans on bringing their child with them it might not be worth spending money on a travel system for something that they could just put up with for a year and then forget about it.
Oct 20, 2014
488 posts
248 upvotes
Trenton, on
cb2200 wrote: I think this is a "to each their own" situation. infants outgrow those systems at around the 1 year mark then they would end up buying a car seat such as this anyway.

Depending on how often that user drives their car and plans on bringing their child with them it might not be worth spending money on a travel system for something that they could just put up with for a year and then forget about it.
That's a possibility, but I would rather spend a few hundred more for the convenience a travel system offers, where the number of times we have to take out the baby from a car seat is literally cut in half, translating to higher safety for the baby. Infant car seats with the baby inside, can easily be carried inside a home on a stroller, that's part of a travel system, or just carry it with our hands. It can be better sealed with infant car seat covers to protect the baby from harsh weather, moving from the house to the car, car to doctor/store and back, and then back home. The travel system with the infant car seat and stroller is just so much more convenient, and I feel safer for the baby too.

I think during the first year alone, there are at least 8 visits to the doctor for checkups and vaccines, and this is standard. There could be so many more for minor things, which parents think is major, as it is difficult to diagnose, and it's just natural to be alarmed. Rash, crusty eyes, eye infection, flu, cold, stomach flu, the list is endless. Plus, I find that the travel systems with infant car seat on strollers, provide easier access to the baby, as it seats higher, same as a crib, which we lower when the baby can sit on their own.
Last edited by neatooo on Mar 25th, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 29, 2011
194 posts
147 upvotes
Quebec
This is great for the second car or for a 1 year old child.
I agree with the others that the system that clip from the stroller to a base in the car is a must for the first year.
Last edited by guillaume019 on Mar 25th, 2021 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 20, 2014
488 posts
248 upvotes
Trenton, on
Congrats! Apologies for forgetting my manners trying to express my opinion about something I feel very strongly about :-)
Apr 13, 2009
84 posts
73 upvotes
If your birthing at the hospital you can only leave with the baby in a car seat.