• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2021 10:39 am
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 8, 2021
1 posts

Is this a bedbug

We had some guests over last week and they revealed that they have bed bugs in their house, it was too late to do anything at that point. We vacuumed the room they were in as soon as they left and washed bedding in hot water and put them in the dryer after. However today I saw this and I wasn't sure if this is a bed bug, would really appreciate any help I can get
PXL_20210809_133902659.jpg
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
4937 posts
1829 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Is that bug upside down? Can you flip it over and take a photo?
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10399 posts
10723 upvotes
Toronto
Biologist here, adult bed bugs are the size of an apple seed-ish about 5mm. They’re brown and oval in shape.

Seeing as you provided a blurry pic of a spec… I can say with confidence that what you have there could indeed be a bed bug.
Aug 29, 2019
995 posts
453 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: Biologist here, adult bed bugs are the size of an apple seed-ish about 5mm. They’re brown and oval in shape.

Seeing as you provided a blurry pic of a spec… I can say with confidence that what you have there could indeed be a bed bug.
Face With Tears Of Joy
Penalty Box
Jun 26, 2009
5138 posts
4877 upvotes
GTA
How come it's not moving? Did you kill it before confirming what it is??
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
1148 posts
499 upvotes
HRM
fergy wrote: Is that bug upside down? Can you flip it over and take a photo?
I copied the photo to my editor and flipped it several ways. All I kept seeing were what looked like ink blot tests from the 70's.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2021
1 posts
Tommy74 wrote: How come it's not moving? Did you kill it before confirming what it is??
It was already dead when I found it
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22774 posts
21614 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Anikiri wrote: Biologist here, adult bed bugs are the size of an apple seed-ish about 5mm. They’re brown and oval in shape.

This

Photo issues!

Best way to identify bugs from photos … is for the specimen to be on a white back ground

And preferably loose … not in a baggie

Even photographed on a piece of white paper towel, or a Kleenex would be more helpful
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3320 posts
898 upvotes
Ancaster
Nice of your guests to tell you they had bed bugs in their home....after they most likely brought them into your home.