Expired Hot Deals

[BedStory Direct fulfilled by Amazon] BedStory Hybrid Mattress - Amazon.ca Lightning Deal - $288 for Queen Size

[OP]
Jul 12, 2017
21 posts
23 upvotes

BedStory Hybrid Mattress - Amazon.ca Lightning Deal - $288 for Queen Size

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
15% oFF
Expiry:
May 21, 2019
Retailer:
BedStory Direct fulfilled by Amazon
Hi All,

First-time posting a deal here, please be gentle.

BedStory Direct is having a 15% lightning discount through Amazon.ca on Hybrid Mattress.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GK67NKN/ref ... 4QAS3KB37H

Hope you find this a good deal.

Enjoy the 4 hours left!

Dave
16 replies
Dec 8, 2008
255 posts
43 upvotes
Thanks OP, don't know much about this one way or another but your efforts are appreciated!
Jun 4, 2007
44 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, Bought one, appreciate the post
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
2182 posts
187 upvotes
Guelph
Was Interested in this but Queen size is 100% claimed at the moment :(
Jan 9, 2007
792 posts
265 upvotes
Markham
Unable to grab the queen, but thanks OP
Koodo $60/10gb
Rogers $39.99/150Mbps download/unlimited

if you know of a better deal, please PM me
Mar 14, 2019
163 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Shoot, missed it. Good find though.
Sep 30, 2015
609 posts
861 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Are these any good?
I've been thinking about getting a new king.
Nov 26, 2009
184 posts
81 upvotes
Calgary
So close. I was waitlisted, then had the option to get the lightning deal but just wasn't convinced in the 15 minutes I had to purchase so decided to let it go. I'll do a little more reading and may buy at $340 anyways. Still cheaper than alot of other ones out there. The reviews are quite good (more on the Amazon US site). Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1838 posts
1121 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Was gonna get this but the site seemed iffy. It's called latex hybrid but in the mattress composition description it doesnt mention latex all?? Just memory foam and foam.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9717 posts
64276 upvotes
Ontario
It’s another Chinese seller pretending to be a non Chinese company. Most of the time these are junks or the description doesn’t match. For these kind of beds, I will stay away from the Chinese sellers because it’s usually not regulated. They may use the cheap materials which leads to health issues etc.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15718 posts
2344 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: It’s another Chinese seller pretending to be a non Chinese company. Most of the time these are junks or the description doesn’t match. For these kind of beds, I will stay away from the Chinese sellers because it’s usually not regulated. They may use the cheap materials which leads to health issues etc.
This. Also, recycled medical waste aside, I am rather skeptical of a spring mattress than can be folded into a box.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1595 posts
795 upvotes
JAC wrote: This. Also, recycled medical waste aside, I am rather skeptical of a spring mattress than can be folded into a box.
Many spring mattresses are compressed and ROLLED into a box. Gone are days where you need to move a mattress on the roof of your car...
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10219 posts
2626 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thatdealguy wrote: It’s another Chinese seller pretending to be a non Chinese company. Most of the time these are junks or the description doesn’t match. For these kind of beds, I will stay away from the Chinese sellers because it’s usually not regulated. They may use the cheap materials which leads to health issues etc.
isn't that the point of the certification in the title CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
https://certipur.us/
Mar 6, 2019
206 posts
147 upvotes
I am inclined to believe you on this. imho being able to pack a supposed hybrid mattress into a box isn't encouraging or indicative that it would be able to properly support 300-400 lbs (2 adults). I have been casually looking for a new mattress over past while. Had a look at IKEA Haugsvar ($399 reg price) which has a slightly higher spring coil count than this bedstory product and I still found it lacking in support (maybe ok for one smaller adult or child but certainly not two people). Also looked at Sealy Atwater from costco warehouse (also $399 on sale) which has coil count about 50% higher than bedstory and still wasn't totally sold on it. At end of day, I would not buy a mattress sight unseen or even at a place that has a strict return policy
Mar 6, 2019
206 posts
147 upvotes
lead wrote: isn't that the point of the certification in the title CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
https://certipur.us/
imho this doesn't mean much. some of the materials might be certified while other components are not. company is based in china and only seems to sell on Amazon. hard to find actual detailed customer review with pics. website is by shopify too. hinky...
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15718 posts
2344 upvotes
bizzyseller wrote: Many spring mattresses are compressed and ROLLED into a box.
Not the good ones.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
May 10, 2015
21 posts
33 upvotes
Avalyn1 wrote: Thanks, Bought one, appreciate the post
This 15% off deal just happened again, I picked one up.

How has your experience been with the mattress?