Personal Finance

Been trying to talk to CRA (revenue haiti) for a week. On hold for 3 hrs and then booted.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2021 8:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1367 posts
493 upvotes
YVR

Been trying to talk to CRA (revenue haiti) for a week. On hold for 3 hrs and then booted.

When did revenue canada become worse then revenue haiti?

They locked me out of my account. I cannot access anything. And for the last 8 days I've been on hold between 2-3 hour at a time.

And then kicked off. I have yet to speak to an agent.

I'm not political but I cannot believe I miss the good old days of stephen harper.

Seriously embarrassing service from a first world nation.

And where is fifth estate? CBC? CTV? Investigative journalism, hello.

This is a front page story.
Last edited by Charles on Feb 25th, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
24 replies
Nov 21, 2017
56 posts
54 upvotes
You do realize there was a massive data breach recently, right? That's why you've been locked out. You and 100,000 other people are trying to call the CRA right now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1367 posts
493 upvotes
YVR
BitShark92 wrote: You do realize there was a massive data breach recently, right? That's why you've been locked out. You and 100,000 other people are trying to call the CRA right now.

You are defending a 1st world nations revenue collection agency with unlimited resources. I get it if we are in Haiti. But Canada. No excuses. Why?

Not my fault. And if I make a mistake on my taxes because someone robbed my house or burnt it down - does CRA give a shit?

Maybe they shouldn't have used the cheapest security, eh.

If they data got breached then it's looks even worse upon the CRA for being so micky mouse.

Outrageous considering the taxes we pay. Plus they totally dropped the ball on the vaccine distribution as well.

Shameful.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
Nov 21, 2017
56 posts
54 upvotes
Charles wrote: You are defending a 1st world nations revenue collection agency with unlimited resources. I get it if we are in Haiti. But Canada. No excuses. Why?

Not my fault. And if I make a mistake on my taxes because someone robbed my house or burnt it down - does CRA give a shit?

Maybe they shouldn't have used the cheapest security, eh.

If they data got breached then it's looks even worse upon the CRA for being so micky mouse.

Outrageous considering the taxes we pay. Plus they totally dropped the ball on the vaccine distribution as well.

Shameful.
When did I defend them? I gave you the answer but you just want to complain on RFD, which I totally get.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1367 posts
493 upvotes
YVR
BitShark92 wrote: When did I defend them? I gave you the answer but you just want to complain on RFD, which I totally get.
no offense. just beyond frustrating.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7643 posts
3003 upvotes
I called at exactly 9am 2 weeks ago and to my surprise, I got through immediately.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1244 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
Took me 3 tries over 3 days to get through. Once agent dropped me after getting all my info, next time was after 3hrs I got infamous try again later beep, 3rd time worked out

If it's the 021 error lockout you need to go to fraud dept and not online lockout lol wasted 3hrs to find that out and transfer was another 2 hrs

I can log into cra now but get same error via turbotax to pull my t4 info wth!
Jun 21, 2009
460 posts
90 upvotes
Markham
porchemasi wrote: Took me 3 tries over 3 days to get through. Once agent dropped me after getting all my info, next time was after 3hrs I got infamous try again later beep, 3rd time worked out

If it's the 021 error lockout you need to go to fraud dept and not online lockout lol wasted 3hrs to find that out and transfer was another 2 hrs

I can log into cra now but get same error via turbotax to pull my t4 info wth!
Just request a callback. They called the next day early in the morning. Better than waiting and on hold forever.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
1182 posts
806 upvotes
valence wrote: Just request a callback. They called the next day early in the morning. Better than waiting and on hold forever.
That is an option?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1367 posts
493 upvotes
YVR
valence wrote: Just request a callback. They called the next day early in the morning. Better than waiting and on hold forever.
not an option on the west coast; is there a code?
Apr 13, 2019
147 posts
31 upvotes
How long does it take to get your refund? I filed with UFile using Netfile last Saturday. Still nothing in my bank account.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1600 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Einsteinish wrote: How long does it take to get your refund? I filed with UFile using Netfile last Saturday. Still nothing in my bank account.
It takes 6 business days, unless they review your tax return.
Apr 13, 2019
147 posts
31 upvotes
FoFai2015 wrote: It takes 6 business days, unless they review your tax return.
Thanks! Today is the 6th day and still nothing.

It says in My Service Canada account I can link to CRA account but see no link? Do you know what is wrong?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1600 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Einsteinish wrote: Thanks! Today is the 6th day and still nothing.

It says in My Service Canada account I can link to CRA account but see no link? Do you know what is wrong?
You are probably one day off. i don't expect my refund until Thursday.

The Service Canada link is probably down because of the CERB-related hacks.
Mar 7, 2005
610 posts
11 upvotes
It's annoying but understandable given the call volume they probably have. Besides everything else, these haven't exactly been normal times for the CRA either... not only are they dealing with taxes, but now processing CERB, CRB claims, fraud, and a possible data breach, all while working from home. Definitely sucks but I get why people can't get through. My wife's account was locked out but 15 calls later and she also can't get through. Not much we can do.
Apr 13, 2019
147 posts
31 upvotes
FoFai2015 wrote: You are probably one day off. i don't expect my refund until Thursday.

The Service Canada link is probably down because of the CERB-related hacks.
Thanks, just a little frustrating I have a large refund coming back this year.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
4710 posts
1388 upvotes
0 downvotes
call the business line, apparently someone told me in another post its the same people but instead of 2 hour wait, its 5 mins wait on hold to speak to someone
Hi