• Feb 7th, 2014 7:05 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
2674 posts
801 upvotes
WildPegasus wrote: Nasty.

Lame. For people who don't want to drink macro swill but don't want their beer to have any taste either.
WildPegasus wrote: Corona is terrible.
WildPegasus wrote: You like bad beers.
WildPegasus wrote: No, it isn't. In Europe it has been nicknamed 'wife beater' because mostly low class people drink it.

I don't know if you have ever realized this in life, but different people like different things.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
2674 posts
801 upvotes
insurance1 wrote: What's the best beer to have around the house? Not Coors Light, and not some small craft microbrewery beer. Just the best all around beer. Thanks!
What do you already like? Whatever it is, get that. Why are you asking us?

edit: oh wait, you're the guy who was exposed as a fraud in another thread.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
If your guests aren't WildPegasus-like beer heads which they probably aren't, then the first suggestion of Mill St organic and 1664 should be fine. Id see no point having a bunch of big tasting mirco brews for guests.

Id probably get ridiculed for suggesting Michalob Ultra but if youre older and people are watching their carbs, calories and alcohol consumption (diabetic perhaps) it will be a good choice.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Dec 19, 2002
795 posts
191 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Phlegmbot wrote: I don't know if you have ever realized this in life, but different people like different things.
Thanks tips.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
Phlegmbot wrote: I don't know if you have ever realized this in life, but different people like different things.
Don't even waste your time, the guy is an absolute hammerhead. Says he'd be the one drinking tea at a party where everyone else is drinking Coors or Heineken simply because those are not "micro" enough for him

There's a difference between being a beer connoisseur and being desperate for attention, crying about beers not being rare enough for him to enjoy. If you were a true "beer snob" then you would find enjoyment in the drink regardless

Contrary to what the obnoxious poster above may say, there is a time and a place where *gasp* believe it or not a Coors or Heineken or Corona will fit the bill just fine. And I don't think he's even very educated in the subject, just comes around to threadcrap, because every single post is just degrading other users choices in beer when he hasn't said an educational or helpful sentence about the subject the entire time.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
3416 posts
165 upvotes
GTA
WildPegasus wrote: No, it isn't. In Europe it has been nicknamed 'wife beater' because mostly low class people drink it.
What?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
3416 posts
165 upvotes
GTA
duckdown wrote: Haven't you heard? He's an authority!
I am an infrequent visitor here now, just for the food chat section for the most.

Thanks for the update.
Dec 19, 2002
795 posts
191 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
duckdown wrote: Don't even waste your time, the guy is an absolute hammerhead. Says he'd be the one drinking tea at a party where everyone else is drinking Coors or Heineken simply because those are not "micro" enough for him
I did not say any such thing.
There's a difference between being a beer connoisseur and being desperate for attention, crying about beers not being rare enough for him to enjoy. If you were a true "beer snob" then you would find enjoyment in the drink regardless
Once again you are lying. And your logic makes no sense what so ever. Why would someone who likes beer with flavour find enjoyment in beers with little flavour
Contrary to what the obnoxious poster above may say, there is a time and a place where *gasp* believe it or not a Coors or Heineken or Corona will fit the bill just fine. And I don't think he's even very educated in the subject, just comes around to threadcrap, because every single post is just degrading other users choices in beer when he hasn't said an educational or helpful sentence about the subject the entire time.
Talking about threadcrapping. The only thing you've done in this thread is attack me and lie. I've provided suggestions and critiqued other suggestions that you missed for some reason that I can only believe to be poor reading skills on your part.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
WildPegasus wrote:I've provided suggestions and critiqued other suggestions that you missed for some reason that I can only believe to be poor reading skills on your part.
Where the hell is the usefulness in these posts? Where's the helpful critiquing and suggestions here?
WildPegasus wrote: Nasty.
WildPegasus wrote:Lame. For people who don't want to drink macro swill but don't want their beer to have any taste either.
WildPegasus wrote: You like bad beers.
You came into the thread and started insulting and badgering other users because they don't agree with your ridiculous attitude or choices in beer

You've basically provided NO help to anybody and just belittled people for their choices in macrobeer the entire time. And don't make me go dig up the last thread where you clearly said you'd rather drink tea and water when a guest at somebodys house if all they offered you was Coors or Canadian. You are entitled to your own opinions but don't shove it down other peoples throat
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
by the way dude I like small operations and flavorful beers as much as anybody, I read all the forums, visit all the review sites, and travel extreme distances to get beer that isn't available here in Brampton.

you're going about it the wrong way though, you should be encouraging people to try different things and first and foremost be helpful. there is nothing to be gained by insulting people or their choices in beers, that just makes you look like an ***** -hole.

cheers
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
5132 posts
4925 upvotes
There's no one beer. I'd get bored if I had the same beer day after day. A few you may want to consider for your guests, in no particular order.

Guinness Draught

Hop City Barking Squirrel Lager

Creemore Lager

Mill St Tankhouse Ale

Muskoka Dark Ale

Wellington County Dark Ale
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
wolverine07 wrote: I am an infrequent visitor here now, just for the food chat section for the most.

Thanks for the update.
which is a shame, because you'd get along just fine with WildPegasus.
you'd have a blast talking about Rob Ford with him.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
3416 posts
165 upvotes
GTA
ippon wrote: which is a shame, because you'd get along just fine with WildPegasus.
you'd have a blast talking about Rob Ford with him.
Anderson Cooper I am not.
Dec 19, 2002
795 posts
191 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
The worst beer snobs around are the macro drinkers. All to ready to insult people who drink decent beer while scared to expand their horizons to try beer with flavour.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2010
1700 posts
137 upvotes
Phlegmbot wrote: What do you already like? Whatever it is, get that. Why are you asking us?

edit: oh wait, you're the guy who was exposed as a fraud in another thread.
No I haven't been. I think you're confusing me with someone else.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1802 posts
370 upvotes
I enjoy Rickards White *flamesuit on*

Any good non-mainstream beers that might me actually like beer?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2747 posts
155 upvotes
Peterborough
insurance1 wrote: What's the best beer to have around the house? Not Coors Light, and not some small craft microbrewery beer. Just the best all around beer. Thanks!
Good luck with that.

And BTW, it's beer, not your wife. Mix it up.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)