Beginner level spring or summer ice hockey GTA/East end

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2018 9:58 am
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes

Beginner level spring or summer ice hockey GTA/East end

Anyone have any ideas of lower level leagues in the GTA that would fit this criteria? Looking at something like an E division or lower. I have a couple of guys that are at that level but a couple that would be considered to be a beginner.

We’re all looking to play starting now/summer so let me know where you guys are playing!
4 replies
Dec 3, 2008
548 posts
156 upvotes
Canlan has the AIL- Adult instructional league. it's 2 hours first hour is drills that are run by a 'coach'. The second hour you play a game. the ASHL which plays out of canlan also has an E division. There is also Truenorth hockey but they aren't really in the east end.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7407 posts
2998 upvotes
Whitby
There are 2 games running from this forum in Scarborough, Saturday and Sunday nights. Saturday is pretty full up but I see Wilson post opening for Sunday at Canlan Vic Park often.
Depending on the week both games are about ASHL D level with a few beginners and C level players mixed in...friendly groups that share the puck with everyone.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
I've played in ASHL E divison in the summer before, and it's very competitive, not for beginners (unless very fit/athletic/good at other sports). I second the recommendation for True North, they have more divisions, up to 10-15 divisions on Sundays (most popular day), and run the gamut of skill level, including very basic.

Also highly recommend the AIL program at Canlan for beginners.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
4117 posts
1216 upvotes
wrote: I've played in ASHL E divison in the summer before, and it's very competitive, not for beginners (unless very fit/athletic/good at other sports). I second the recommendation for True North, they have more divisions, up to 10-15 divisions on Sundays (most popular day), and run the gamut of skill level, including very basic.

Also highly recommend the AIL program at Canlan for beginners.
Agreed - while not east end, for real beginners, True North is probably more appropriate.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)