[Bell] 10 in tablet Huawei, for 5 bucks a month

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 9:33 am
[OP]
Aug 9, 2019
14 posts
22 upvotes

[Bell] 10 in tablet Huawei, for 5 bucks a month

Got a call from bell, they are sending it, no activation, 5 bucks a month, with 1gb data, that's $120 over the 2 years, figured I'd just sell it if I don't want it, in the end they said I could have 2 if I want
38 replies
Jan 8, 2020
10 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
As someone who worked in their retail stores, I highly recommend avoiding these kind of deals. The tablets are going to function terribly and I had many customers who came in after receiving their device with activation fees they weren't expecting.
Jul 10, 2006
400 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
low resolution screen, slow CPU compared to competitors, hardware approaching 3 years, and probably not updated to latest Android o/s.
Oct 12, 2015
178 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cammer67 wrote: Got a call from bell, they are sending it, no activation, 5 bucks a month, with 1gb data, that's $120 over the 2 years, figured I'd just sell it if I don't want it, in the end they said I could have 2 if I want
For the bonus 1gb data, you have to be on their 10$ monthly plan as the terms stated.
Here is the copy and paste of the terms:
Current as of September 6, 2019. With new activation on a Tablet Connect Everything plan with minimum $10/month. A one-time Connection Service Fee ($40) applies on your first bill. Users must maintain a minimum 1 GB of data on their smartphone plan throughout the 24 months to be eligible for this tablet data offer.
Oct 14, 2015
282 posts
222 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Oh shit you posted a thread for Bell ???

[OP]
Aug 9, 2019
14 posts
22 upvotes
As I said, I am paying 5 a month and the 40 activation is charged and reversed in the same billing cycle
[OP]
Aug 9, 2019
14 posts
22 upvotes
And the extra 1gb can be used with my phone as well, so really, 1gb extra on the phone for 5 bucks and a free tablet
Aug 8, 2010
208 posts
120 upvotes
Quebec
This is an awesome tablet for the price. Bright crisp screen, quick enough. My goto to take on the road to watch netflix, play games on the plane etc.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6288 posts
2512 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Do you happen to have the rep name so we can get the same deal?

There's not much to go on with other getting this deal with your post.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7540 posts
3595 upvotes
Toronto
16gb is way too little, most will taken up by the system. Might be able to put some things on SD but no substitute for internal.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1846 posts
919 upvotes
Angultra wrote: 16gb is way too little, most will taken up by the system. Might be able to put some things on SD but no substitute for internal.
It's a tablet though. Maybe just different usage for me but 16gb is not a problem. Any large files like videos can be saved on SD card.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7540 posts
3595 upvotes
Toronto
slimysnot wrote: It's a tablet though. Maybe just different usage for me but 16gb is not a problem. Any large files like videos can be saved on SD card.
Yup depends on usage, I wouldn’t get it for games (some take up 1gb+) or if you need to install many apps. I have to manage space on my 32gb iPad with just the space some apps take up, can’t imagine going down to 16gb. Same goes for my phone.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6288 posts
2512 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Cammer67 wrote: I didn't get her name
Is there some sort of plan name on your contract that you would have received from bell?