Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 5, 2008
119 posts
104 upvotes
Cold Lake

[Bell] 10GB $60 Offer (AB / BC / ON) - Expires Dec 19

Didn’t see a separate thread for Bell yet. Went to a couple Bell Mobility stores in Northern AB and got 2 different responses. One said I had to sign up for 2 year contract even with BYOD and the other said for new activations only. Because I’m already with Bell on month to month I wasn’t able to get the promotion. Might have to switch to Telus tomorrow with BYOD. Also conflicting info over 10GB or 5+5 between stores. Called into Bell and they weren't even aware of offer.

Mod Edit:

This has now launched for Ontario.

$60 BYOD - New Acts
$85 Premium - New Acts / Upgrades
$110 Premium Plus - New Acts / Upgrades
Waived Connection Charge $25 - Dec 16 (At least for Ontario)
Last edited by d4ve on Dec 15th, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
1343 replies
Nov 9, 2014
92 posts
58 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
d4ve wrote: Didn’t see a separate thread for Bell yet. Went to a couple Bell Mobility stores in Northern AB and got 2 different responses. One said I had to sign up for 2 year contract even with BYOD and the other said for new activations only. Because I’m already with Bell on month to month I wasn’t able to get the promotion. Might have to switch to Telus tomorrow with BYOD.
Nope, just call in. I did and got the deal as a plan swap.
Aug 20, 2007
189 posts
219 upvotes
Thanks for creating the thread. I have a friend who works at a bell store he says in the store they can only give this as a new activation, but call loyalty and see if you they can add it on.

I called and the lady didn't know what I was talking about at first, but then found it and was shocked, switched me on, took just a few minutes. To be clear, I'm an existing Bell customer.

Told my coworker, he called and his rep said this was the 12th request in the last 2 hours.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade
May 8, 2016
25 posts
4 upvotes
Yeah, I'd like to figure out if Bell is offering 10GB permanent or 5+5 which expires after a certain period.
Oct 13, 2017
71 posts
57 upvotes
I just switched to Bell via online chat with a Bell Rep. The Bell Rep said the 10 GB was permanent. I specifically asked about it.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4440 posts
869 upvotes
Edmonton
Any ideas when the deal expires?
Is the data shared?
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Oct 28, 2011
168 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Any word on ON being supported?
Dec 26, 2013
2 posts
Edmonton
Data is not shared, I spoke to a rep via chat. Can’t add a tablet or apple watch to the plan
Nov 9, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
tried over chat and got denied, currently AB and BC, going to wait and see if they catch on
Dec 29, 2005
379 posts
87 upvotes
Victoria
I'd like to know what all is included in the plan other than the 10GB.

I'm still on a Bell Fab 10 plan from 2012 that's 6GB, 200 anytime minutes, free evenings/weekends, unlimited text for $60 plus a voicemail/caller ID add-on that brings my plan to $70.
Oct 17, 2010
697 posts
348 upvotes
Terrace
no sharing as far as I know. Exires Dec 18th.
Aug 20, 2007
189 posts
219 upvotes
Max_Dealing wrote: Any ideas when the deal expires?
Is the data shared?
Hearing it expires on the 19th.
Aug 20, 2007
189 posts
219 upvotes
magmazing wrote: I'd like to know what all is included in the plan other than the 10GB.
From my mybell account:

Loy BYOD 60 $60.00/mo.
Can-Can Text - Unlimited,
.50 Canada to US LD,
10GB of Data,
Alberta Government 911 fee
Call Display
Message Centre
Unlimited Canada minutes
Unltd Picture & Video Messaging
Call Waiting,
Conference Calling
Dec 16, 2010
339 posts
448 upvotes
Just spoke with Bell and they say that the offer is currently only available in AB & BC. Have not added ON like the others.
Nov 9, 2014
92 posts
58 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
Tobsterboi wrote: no sharing as far as I know. Exires Dec 18th.
I got the plan and was told that the data is shared with all the phones on my plan.

EDIT: I guess I should add that after they changed my plan the "Data Pool" on MyBell changed also to reflect the new 10gb.
Last edited by theslymonkey on Dec 15th, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1442 posts
787 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: Just called Bell, I quoted Rogers' deals today, but without any pressing they offered me:
"EPP Unltd Voice 6GB" according to MyBell
$45 + tax
BYOD
6GB Data
Unlimited Long Distance Calling in Canada, unlimited Long Distance to the USA
"Messaging Pack Unlimited" (Unlimited Text/Picture Message/MMS)
Caller ID / Voicemail / Forwarding / Waiting / etc.

I'm in Ontario - I heard him scrolling through plans and saying "BC, Alberta, BC, Alberta" so it looks like some plans are definitely only available there.
Wow, that's a pretty good deal too
May 8, 2016
25 posts
4 upvotes
lloyd_christmas wrote: Bell and virgin are both offering 10gb permanent
People in the virgin thread are saying it's 3+7 and the 7 expires. Can anyone else confirm if Bell is offering permanent 10GB?
Dec 29, 2005
379 posts
87 upvotes
Victoria
soupmaster666 wrote: Just called Bell, I quoted Rogers' deals today, but without any pressing they offered me:
"EPP Unltd Voice 6GB" according to MyBell
$45 + tax
BYOD
6GB Data
Unlimited Long Distance Calling in Canada, unlimited Long Distance to the USA
"Messaging Pack Unlimited" (Unlimited Text/Picture Message/MMS)
Caller ID / Voicemail / Forwarding / Waiting / etc.

I'm in Ontario - I heard him scrolling through plans and saying "BC, Alberta, BC, Alberta" so it looks like some plans are definitely only available there.
Damn. I'm tempted to ask for that. On one hand, do I future proof myself and get the 10GB and save $10 off what I currently have.
Or...
Basically go with a plan that's nearly identical to what I have and save $25/month? That is, if it's even an option since I'm in BC...
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14387 posts
4375 upvotes
VANCOUVER
RawrLemon wrote: People in the virgin thread are saying it's 3+7 and the 7 expires. Can anyone else confirm if Bell is offering permanent 10GB?
3 + 7? Not even 5 + 5? I wouldn't want to be left with 3 GB after 24 months!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)