Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] $49.95 Gigabit Fibe No Activation Fees YMMV

[OP]
Mar 27, 2013
35 posts
47 upvotes

[Bell] $49.95 Gigabit Fibe No Activation Fees YMMV

Hi,

Bell offered me $49.95/mth Gigabit Fibe as a new customer through their online chat. Waived activation fees and modem rental fees. I'm located in downtown Toronto. Confirmed that it's an ongoing discount and not just for first year.

Initially I was looking at 150 mbps internet. They offered 59.95/mth. Told them Rogers was offering $49/mth and they offered me 150 mbps for $49.95. Then they also told me there's a flash deal today where they upgrade 150 mbps to Gigabit fibe.

Enjoy!

Edit: YMMV based on location
Last edited by TheEngineer on Mar 2nd, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
228 replies
Nov 27, 2015
34 posts
122 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
It's common deals to people who live in condos in downtown area.
Dec 17, 2007
417 posts
182 upvotes
I am a Bell existing customer and was on their 500u $50/m Internet. It was just expired and the price increased to $99. I called in yesterday and was only offered $10 discount.
Sep 18, 2020
95 posts
130 upvotes
buluan wrote: I am a Bell existing customer and was on their 500u $50/m Internet. It was just expired and the price increased to $99. I called in yesterday and was only offered $10 discount.
Actually go through an activation with Rogers and Bell will likely call you before your Rogers activation date to give you a winback offer. Asking Bell directly for a discount almost never works.
Feb 1, 2009
326 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
It hurts seeing these deals while knowing I’m paying $78 for 150 with teksavvy just to support the little guy and net neutrality.
Jan 4, 2010
175 posts
131 upvotes
Asriel wrote: It hurts seeing these deals while knowing I’m paying $78 for 150 with teksavvy just to support the little guy and net neutrality.
I was on cable with Teksavvy - had to give up and go with Bell. Couldn't fix issues with Rogers network and wfh covid can't tolerate bad internet.
Nov 1, 2013
236 posts
109 upvotes
I went with Fido for their 1 yr discounted 150mb plan for $45 and my average speed is 300mbs. I'm looking forward to calling Bell when the time comes around
Jan 29, 2013
1 posts
2 upvotes
Is this only for downtown Toronto? Im looking for internet in Georgetown and wasnt able to get the deal through chat.

Any suggestions?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2026 posts
4430 upvotes
Markham
Wish I could get in on the deal, but Fibe to the Home is basically non-existent unless you live in a condo.

Sucks for people living in detached but I guess you win some, you lose some.

Have an upvote anyways, since it is a hot deal (for people that can take advantage of it)!
Feb 9, 2021
6 posts
6 upvotes
Just called and talked to chat, not available in Mississauga condos (L5R) :(
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1076 posts
662 upvotes
Southern Ontario
hanmaan wrote: I was on cable with Teksavvy - had to give up and go with Bell. Couldn't fix issues with Rogers network and wfh covid can't tolerate bad internet.
Me too. Being the "Little Guy" and not giving a good service doesn't work for me. I dumped Teksavvy and went to Virgin who is basically a subsidiary of Bell.
Apr 7, 2007
671 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
OP likely lives in a Condo that has Bell, Rogers, Beanfield and/or Fibrestream. Super common to never pay full price as long as you live there. Too much competition.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2005
1069 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
called and they gave me twice this price for downtown montreal
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1229 posts
583 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: Wish I could get in on the deal, but Fibe to the Home is basically non-existent unless you live in a condo.

Have an upvote anyways, since it is a hot deal (for people that can take advantage of it)!
I live in a detached home in Toronto and have gigabit Fibe. I don't think it's as uncommon as you think but agree you're at the mercy of whenever they roll out the service to your area.
$50/month (no contract?) is as good as it gets I think for gigabit Fibe.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2026 posts
4430 upvotes
Markham
vader_slri wrote: I live in a detached home in Toronto and have gigabit Fibe. I don't think it's as uncommon as you think but agree you're at the mercy of whenever they roll out the service to your area.
$50/month (no contract?) is as good as it gets I think for gigabit Fibe.
Nice! Is it a new build? If I had access to it I would jump on Gigabit Fibe for $50, seeing as I'm paying $60 for Roger's fake Gigabit (Gigabit down, but only 30 mbps up).
Nov 9, 2010
154 posts
108 upvotes
Lives in detected home in Toronto, was offered $94.95 (price for 1st year) 500mbps with ALT TV premium includes TSN, Sportsnet, CAVE TV app 1 year subscription instead.

Is this any good?
Jun 20, 2020
24 posts
13 upvotes
Only got offered the posted website prices, no discount for KW area it seems...
Jun 22, 2007
174 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
Dave510 wrote: Wish I could get in on the deal, but Fibe to the Home is basically non-existent unless you live in a condo.

Fibe is available for plenty of detatched homes but the speeds available depend on how old the specific area in question are. My parents who live 5 mins from me can only get 150mb fibe where as i can get 1.5gb, both detatched houses but built in different years.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1121 posts
244 upvotes
Asriel wrote: It hurts seeing these deals while knowing I’m paying $78 for 150 with teksavvy just to support the little guy and net neutrality.
Doing the same with Start. Bell actually connected fibre to my house this summer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)