Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

$49.95 Gigabit Fibe No Activation Fees YMMV

Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2057 posts
885 upvotes
ozzie16 wrote: This or Beanfield at the same price? Hmm...
If the choice is Bell or "ANY other company" at the same price, I will NEVER pick Bell. They will double the price on you after a very short period of time and you'll end up picking the other company anyways, so save yourself the headaches and frustration of having to deal with Bell's dreadful customer service.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
this might not be the right place to ask (pls let me know & I can post somewhere else) but wondering if Bell Fibe Internet would help my WFH situation.

Currently on Fido internet - previously on 60/10Mbps package and was getting crazy lag on Teams video work call so I upped the package to 150/15Mbps with only a slight improvement during Teams video calls.

I originally thought it was my work's VPN but others on my team don't have this issue - primarily only me. Someone suggested I moved to Bell & Bell has been advertising Bell Fibe in my area.....

I really don't want to pay more but willing to since it is driving me crazy re: the laggy video calls.........it is getting downright embarrassing!

Once I'm not using VPN - my speeds are 150/15 as advertised...
Jun 4, 2015
123 posts
107 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ji2o0k wrote: this might not be the right place to ask (pls let me know & I can post somewhere else) but wondering if Bell Fibe Internet would help my WFH situation.

Currently on Fido internet - previously on 60/10Mbps package and was getting crazy lag on Teams video work call so I upped the package to 150/15Mbps with only a slight improvement during Teams video calls.

I originally thought it was my work's VPN but others on my team don't have this issue - primarily only me. Someone suggested I moved to Bell & Bell has been advertising Bell Fibe in my area.....

I really don't want to pay more but willing to since it is driving me crazy re: the laggy video calls.........it is getting downright embarrassing!

What about your networking situation? Are you using the Rogers Router or your own?
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
silverknight921 wrote: What about your networking situation? Are you using the Rogers Router or your own?
great question - the Rogers modem is in bridge mode & I have the Deco M9plus mesh. The main pod is hardwired to the Rogers modem.....and I've tried my work laptop hardwired into the pod as well as Wifi.....no difference.....

The pod is right beside my work laptop too! LOL
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: this might not be the right place to ask (pls let me know & I can post somewhere else) but wondering if Bell Fibe Internet would help my WFH situation.

It's usually the VPN.

Have you tried teams without vpn? My work allows the Microsoft products (word, excel, teams, OneDrive) to run without VPN as long as you have 2fa/MFA setup. I somethings don't have a choice because we still use shared drives.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2020
1125 posts
1797 upvotes
blakjak wrote: If the choice is Bell or "ANY other company" at the same price, I will NEVER pick Bell. They will double the price on you after a very short period of time and you'll end up picking the other company anyways, so save yourself the headaches and frustration of having to deal with Bell's dreadful customer service.
I switched from Rogers to Bell earlier last year.

Rogers throttled my internet and lied about it, making me make two trips to replace their router when it was their service that was the problem (one CSR slippery up and admitted I was being throttled).

Rogers was charging me $59 for gigabit down, 30mbps up, Bell got me gigabit fibe for $65 with 750mbps up.

Rogers I have to negotiate yearly, Bell's discount is off their posted rate, so I don't have to call yearly for the game.

Bell's service for months has been exceptional. I've had zero drop outs, issues, anything. Haven't had a single issue compared to Rogers.

So yeah, going forwards, I'll always pick Bell, especially considering it's 2021 and Rogers wants to sell me inferior internet at the same price as Bell's fiber. I'll never be going back to Rogers.
Oct 30, 2019
270 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: great question - the Rogers modem is in bridge mode & I have the Deco M9plus mesh. The main pod is hardwired to the Rogers modem.....and I've tried my work laptop hardwired into the pod as well as Wifi.....no difference.....
If the connection is at full speed when you're not on the VPN and a wired connection doesn't change anything, then it's your company's VPN. I would try connecting directly to teams to confirm.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Defiant001 wrote: $100/month for 120/10 unlimited on Teksavvy cCable here, waiting for them to get actual access to the fiber lines, cannot justify giving money to Bell.
Wow.. That is steep.
I went with Altimatel a few years back, and still with them. 100/30 unlimited (on videotron cable) for $50/m (actually a little cheaper since I decided to prepay for a year, and you get 12months for the price of 11 when you prepay).

No complaints. Been quite stable for WFH and both kids school from home.

$50/m for Gigabit Fibe would be great if I even trusted Bell to keep this price past the one year mark. Hell, I'd sign up for 5 year contract if they could guarantee it. Many sales people promise the world to get you to sign up, and then when it expires they all claim it was a misunderstanding, and there is no way that was offered, and if it was, it was a mistake. Bell is one of the most crooked companies I have ever dealt with. Billing errors all the time, and always to their advantage (never the other way around).
Feb 27, 2021
4 posts
Is this deal available to current bell customers? I'm getting 500 for $109. Why should I be paying this much when I can get it for half? How do I do this and yes I do live in Toronto.

Thanks,

Icewolf
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
EPcjay wrote: It's usually the VPN.

Have you tried teams without vpn? My work allows the Microsoft products (word, excel, teams, OneDrive) to run without VPN as long as you have 2fa/MFA setup. I somethings don't have a choice because we still use shared drives.
DannyT54472 wrote: If the connection is at full speed when you're not on the VPN and a wired connection doesn't change anything, then it's your company's VPN. I would try connecting directly to teams to confirm.
interesting, I don't think I can connect to work without VPN....my work doesn't have 2FA/MFA set up
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3553 posts
1018 upvotes
Vancouver
We did some work for Bell at their Mississauga HQ and I got to see how the sausage was made. I think it was during the time they came up with that made up word "Fibe". They knew they couldn't call it Fiber so they hacked a letter off of it.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
Cheetah wrote: Fibe is available for plenty of detatched homes but the speeds available depend on how old the specific area in question are. My parents who live 5 mins from me can only get 150mb fibe where as i can get 1.5gb, both detatched houses but built in different years.
I'm talking about Fiber to the Home, not Fiber to the Neighborhood, which is what anything that isn't Gigabit internet is.

Bell calling their service Fibe is just being needlessly confusing.
Oct 30, 2019
270 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: interesting, I don't think I can connect to work without VPN....my work doesn't have 2FA/MFA set up
2FA/MFA isn't necessary, you really just need the credentials to log into the Teams app or website.
Jul 2, 2014
491 posts
168 upvotes
Maple, ON
Wow that's amazing! Ive been 44 bucks for 100/10 for about 5 years now and thought I had a good deal. I'm in the vaughan area.
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12038 posts
5146 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: I'm talking about Fiber to the Home, not Fiber to the Neighborhood, which is what anything that isn't Gigabit internet is.

Bell calling their service Fibe is just being needlessly confusing.
That is very true, and a marketing gimmick.
However, I live in a very old Scarborough neighborhood, detach home, Bell came and installed fiber optic cable all the way into my house last year, before the start of the "pandemic". I am paying for 500 Mbps down and up, and that is exactly what I am getting, constantly. It has been rock solid, and impossible for me to go back to Rogers copper internet now. Just have to negotiate a reasonable price every year
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
CFRTim wrote: That is very true, and a marketing gimmick.
However, I live in a very old Scarborough neighborhood, detach home, Bell came and installed fiber optic cable all the way into my house last year, before the start of the "pandemic". I am paying for 500 Mbps down and up, and that is exactly what I am getting, constantly. It has been rock solid, and impossible for me to go back to Rogers copper internet now. Just have to negotiate a reasonable price every year
Nice, I guess there's hope for my neighborhood too!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Once I'm not using VPN - my speeds are 150/15 as advertised
VPN will slow things down, that is a given due to the overhead. However even with 60/10, and if VPN can still provide you half that, that should still be plenty for Teams Video. I have 100/30 and quite often it happens that I am in a Teams Video call (sometimes with or without corporate VPN - depends if I need access to corporate drives at same time), and both kids are on zoom or teams video calls and there is no issues with anyone glitching.

The biggest factor would be latency and jitter to maintain a stable connection.
Check using this link, to see what your network connection is like. High jitter is a killer for any type of phone and video calling.

Here are my numbers, just for reference (and both kids are online gaming at the moment).

I don't need VPN to connect to teams, since we have moved a lot of our infrastructure to the cloud and we can authenticate through the Microsoft portal, using our corporate domain accounts (which is pretty handy). We have setup 2FA/MFA once all these SFH started, but before that it wasn't required.
Banned
Sep 27, 2020
50 posts
29 upvotes
TheEngineer wrote: Hi,

Bell offered me $49.95/mth Gigabit Fibe as a new customer through their online chat. Waived activation fees and modem rental fees. I'm located in downtown Toronto. Confirmed that it's an ongoing discount and not just for first year.

Initially I was looking at 150 mbps internet. They offered 59.95/mth. Told them Rogers was offering $49/mth and they offered me 150 mbps for $49.95. Then they also told me there's a flash deal today where they upgrade 150 mbps to Gigabit fibe.

Enjoy!
You are probably in a condo with beamfield and fiberstream.
Bell has no choice but to bend over in those condos.
Beamfield is $50 for gigabit I would take that that in a heartbeat over bell.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
3580 posts
6290 upvotes
Atlantic
The only thing worse than expensive internet (aka Bell) is intermittent internet (aka Rogers).
May 6, 2016
483 posts
218 upvotes
Whitby
JustinK29893 wrote: Actually go through an activation with Rogers and Bell will likely call you before your Rogers activation date to give you a winback offer. Asking Bell directly for a discount almost never works.
I cancelled Bell TV and internet within the last year. No arguments on the phone and no one ever called to try and retain the business of someone that was with them for 20+ years.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)