Bell 4K help with two TVs and Shield

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2018 5:37 pm
Jul 20, 2003
540 posts
50 upvotes

Bell 4K help with two TVs and Shield

Hi

I have a Fibe TV and two 4k TVs including one TV upstairs and one in the basement. I have one 4K PVR that I use in the basement, but there appears to be no way to get 4K content upstairs. I’ve heard that the Nvidia shield can stream in 4K, but the Bell app on the shield does not let me play the 4K channels. Anyone know of a creative way that I could somehow get 4K content on both TVs? Perhaps if I plugged the bell TV into the Nvidia shield or something and streamed it upstairs?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
The easiest way may be to get another 4k pvr terminal from bell. Check for a used one online too

edit: I mean just a 4K terminal... typical setup nowadays is 1 central PVR with a number of terminals connected to it either wirelessly or via wire. Not sure if bell has 4k terminals available or if it's just the PVR. Over at Telus they have 4k PVR and 4K terminals .
Last edited by coilz on Oct 4th, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1396 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA
The Apple TV 4K with the bell fibe app will accomplish what you want.
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Jul 20, 2003
540 posts
50 upvotes
It plays in 4K? My shield app won’t play those channels
Feb 21, 2012
239 posts
167 upvotes
Gananoque, ON
No. You can only play 4K channels through the 4K PVR. The apps don’t support 4K and from what I understand, you can only have one PVR per account.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Do the apps on the Shield TV and Apple TV 4K allow you to pause live TV, assuming you have a 4K PVR?

Does the 4K PVR have to be connected to a TV for everything to work? My plan, should I move to Fibe next week, is to have a Shield TV and Apple 4K player attached to two TV’s and put the PVR out of sight. I just don’t care for cable boxes and remotes.