• Jul 4th, 2020 4:37 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2300 posts
131 upvotes

Bell 5G SIM card

I received this in the mail, not sure what to do with it. Sell it online? I'm with Rogers for my cell company but with Bell for Fibe TV and internet.

Anyone else get this?
11 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1391 posts
1025 upvotes
Québec
Simcard are not 5G or 4g, they are only simcard. That's another Bell scam.
Last edited by elgros4 on Jul 3rd, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23427 posts
5432 upvotes
Toronto
yes, my parents also got this.

Bell is mailing out free LTE Bell sim cards (multi-sim) to all Bell Internet customers with the below promo:

$65/month
BYOD
Unlimited Cdn talk & text
20Gb LTE data (after 20Gb, gets throttled down up to 512Kbps)
One-time $40 activation fee
Must activate sim by Sept 3, 2020

Price remains $65/month as long as you have Bell Internet

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23427 posts
5432 upvotes
Toronto
and forget about selling it online - you can get free Bell sim cards (forgot the website) and $1 Bell sim cards off fleabay
Last edited by ji2o0k on Jul 3rd, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 11, 2013
217 posts
61 upvotes
Almost American
elgros4 wrote: Simcard are not 5G or 4g, they are only simcard. That's another Bell scam.
This is not true in the slightest. Bell offers 5G SA (stand alone) capable SIM cards. Today, the network is not SA, but NSA (non-standalone) meaning you use the LTE network to register and perform all control functions (sms, ims, etc). You can still access the 5G network today with an LTE capable SIM. In the distant future this won't be the case.
Last edited by expresspotato on Jul 3rd, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 11, 2013
217 posts
61 upvotes
Almost American
ji2o0k wrote: yes, my parents also got this.

Bell is mailing out free LTE Bell sim cards (multi-sim) to all Bell Internet customers with the below promo:

$65/month
BYOD
Unlimited Cdn talk & text
20Gb LTE data (after 20Gb, gets throttled down up to 512Kbps)
One-time $40 activation fee
Must activate sim by Sept 3, 2020

Price remains $65/month as long as you have Bell Internet
So Telus and Rogers offer this frequently and the Rogers plan is actually much better, in the fact that is does NOT cut off your ability to use your hotspot. Bell / Telus cut you off and you can't even use it (by WiFi, USB or Bluetooth - which is disabled by Canadian carriers for some reason).
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23427 posts
5432 upvotes
Toronto
expresspotato wrote: So Telus and Rogers offer this frequently and the Rogers plan is actually much better, in the fact that is does NOT cut off your ability to use your hotspot. Bell / Telus cut you off and you can't even use it (by WiFi, USB or Bluetooth - which is disabled by Canadian carriers for some reason).
Just to clarify, what do you mean by Bell \ Telus cut off your ability to hotspot?

I was previously on Virgin Mobile (aka Bell) and now on Telus and haven't been cutoff using my hotspot. I have 20Gb of data with Telus and haven't been cutoff from hotspotting.

Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8402 posts
5272 upvotes
Mississauga
ji2o0k wrote: Just to clarify, what do you mean by Bell \ Telus cut off your ability to hotspot?

I was previously on Virgin Mobile (aka Bell) and now on Telus and haven't been cutoff using my hotspot. I have 20Gb of data with Telus and haven't been cutoff from hotspotting.
I have Bell as well and have never been denied using my phone to hotspot.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5937 posts
4380 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Yah I had Telus before and they never stopped me from hotspotting. One time I hotspot like 12GB and no issues or throttling.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1391 posts
1025 upvotes
Québec
expresspotato wrote: This is not true in the slightest. Bell offers 5G SA (stand alone) capable SIM cards. Today, the network is not SA, but NSA (non-standalone) meaning you use the LTE network to register and perform all control functions (sms, ims, etc). You can still access the 5G network today with an LTE capable SIM. In the distant future this won't be the case.
I have missed a devellopment, thanks.
Oct 11, 2013
217 posts
61 upvotes
Almost American
ji2o0k wrote: Just to clarify, what do you mean by Bell \ Telus cut off your ability to hotspot?

If you have WiFi hotspot on and you hit your 10GB / 20 GB / 50 GB cap, your hotspot will cease to function. If yours is still working on Telus (or Bell for that matter) its an error or omission.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)