Expired Hot Deals

Bell

Alumni Plans - $50/15GB, $60/20GB

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2021 12:19 am
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 28, 2012
66 posts
29 upvotes
CALGARY

[Bell] Alumni Plans - $50/15GB, $60/20GB

I had this promotion come up as an Instagram ad. Seems like by far the best deal out there right now. The rep I spoke to when I signed up today was able to waive the activation fee.

The website mentions that these plans are for AB and BC alumni and post-secondary staff.

$50/mo Plan
  • Unlimited Canada-wide calling
  • Unlimited texting
  • 15GB of data
  • No overage charges
$60/mo Plan
  • Unlimited Canada-wide calling
  • Unlimited texting
  • 20GB of data
  • No overage charges
I was told that I could activate up to 5 lines on these plans and wasn't asked for any proof of eligibilty (but YMMV).
20 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1714 posts
1142 upvotes
Near You
5G ready?
• AMEX Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Cobalt • Bonvoy
• MC HSBC Premier WE• NBC WE • BRIM
• TD • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Google Fi • Free.fr
Aeroplan SE • DL Gold • Marriott Titanium • Hyatt Globalist •
Earn/burn, Fly the world
Sr. Member
Dec 21, 2006
814 posts
830 upvotes
Why the downvotes? Any insight?
Telus just raised my bill by $5 again to $75 for 15GB, consider leaving and this seems to be a good plan.
Member
Nov 6, 2006
351 posts
305 upvotes
Coquitlam
downvotes because Bell. Never, ever, EVER use Bell. Terrible corporation and terrible customer service. I gave Bell 2 chances and both times far and beyond the WORST provider. I gave up trying to get refunded after wasting at least 10 hours of my life.

Then there is the way Bell treats it's employees. #****
Newbie
Mar 12, 2012
16 posts
18 upvotes
You should leave them.
I left Koodo for Telus when I found the Black Friday EPP $50/20 Gb plan.
You might get a retention deal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 3, 2017
1413 posts
2713 upvotes
Vancouver
tamir.kojfman wrote: You should leave them.
I left Koodo for Telus when I found the Black Friday EPP $50/20 Gb plan.
You might get a retention deal.
Who was eligible for this EPP deal? Employees only?
Sr. Member
Dec 21, 2006
814 posts
830 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: Who was eligible for this EPP deal? Employees only?
Alumni, so my guess is that as long as you or your family member graduated from a post secondary school?
Jr. Member
Dec 16, 2017
136 posts
186 upvotes
d3van wrote: downvotes because Bell. Never, ever, EVER use Bell. Terrible corporation and terrible customer service. I gave Bell 2 chances and both times far and beyond the WORST provider. I gave up trying to get refunded after wasting at least 10 hours of my life.

Then there is the way Bell treats it's employees. #****
150% agree
Sr. Member
Dec 21, 2006
814 posts
830 upvotes
zarkook wrote: 150% agree
Thanks for the feedback. I'll use promotion to leverage with Telus then... If they don't budge, I'll find another chance to leave it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 3, 2017
1413 posts
2713 upvotes
Vancouver
coolwarm wrote: Alumni, so my guess is that as long as you or your family member graduated from a post secondary school?
Sorry, my comment is sidetracking the thread. I am referring to the Telus deal mentioned. Not sure if you are referring to the Bell deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1714 posts
1142 upvotes
Near You
Friends don't let friends sign up with Bhell.
• AMEX Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Cobalt • Bonvoy
• MC HSBC Premier WE• NBC WE • BRIM
• TD • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Google Fi • Free.fr
Aeroplan SE • DL Gold • Marriott Titanium • Hyatt Globalist •
Earn/burn, Fly the world
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
2214 posts
1834 upvotes
Waterloo
I didn't see it mentioned in this thread but the link shows its BYOD

"Unlimited Share 20
$60/mo.
Bring your own device
Limited-time exclusive offer. "
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 28, 2012
66 posts
29 upvotes
CALGARY
soymilkslam wrote: Sorry, my comment is sidetracking the thread. I am referring to the Telus deal mentioned. Not sure if you are referring to the Bell deal.
I tried talking to Telus' loyalty department and they refused to budge from my old plan.
Member
May 9, 2020
337 posts
971 upvotes
lmao **** telus... On their website cheapest data plan is $80... wtf

MohammadAnasA88914 wrote: Rogers and telus have the same. Go for them. Going with rogers. Fcuk bell and telus.
Where are you seeing the rogers and telus offer?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Newbie
Jul 27, 2019
67 posts
64 upvotes
It's an alumni plan like bell. Contacted rogers and they provided me the details to sign up.

I can also get $4 per month for galaxy s21 for 2 year term financing but $56/15gb then. I think I will stick to byod
Jr. Member
Aug 24, 2014
103 posts
221 upvotes
CALGARY
MohammadAnasA88914 wrote: It's an alumni plan like bell. Contacted rogers and they provided me the details to sign up.

I can also get $4 per month for galaxy s21 for 2 year term financing but $56/15gb then. I think I will stick to byod


What number did you call to get a hold of rogers
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
1926 posts
2201 upvotes
Vancouver
Really important point... Is the monthly plan price locked in for certain amount of time?
At $50, this sounds appealing as I'm on Fido 10gb for $55. I don't use that much data during Covid but the $5 a month drop would be the reason to switch.
It would suck to switch to this only to have them bump up the price to $55 or $60, six months from now.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
3916 posts
1236 upvotes
Calgary
I am really tempted to get the $50 plan. TELUS is throttling the Internet speed and it really is getting very annoying now.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3732 posts
7356 upvotes
Now matter how good a deal might seem, NEVER go with Bell.

Absolute garbage customer service. It’s fine when you don’t have any issues but as soon as you do, you’ll wish you had never given them a penny.

Three times I signed up with Bell over the years and never once did it go well.
Public Mobile customer

Top